It’s time to add something to your bucket list, because the World’s Longest Zipline has just opened in Jebel Jais, Ras Al Khaimah ; only 2 hours north of Dubai! The World’s most trusted zipline company from Puerto Rico - Toro Verde is now open in UAE and adventure enthusiasts from all around the world are now flocking towards the highest peak in UAE for a hefty dose of adrenaline. We now don’t have to make our way to Puerto Rico to experience “The Monster”, the other site operated by Toro Verde who held the World Record for the Longest Zipline up until the Jebel Jais Zipline opened in Februrary 2018.
Before you set off to the rocky terrain to experience the Jebel Jais Flight, here’s all you need to know about the Toro Verde Ras Al Khaimah set up. We have attempted to answer all the questions that maybe floating in your minds - the tickets, price, what to expect and all that you’ll need for a unforgettable experience.
How Much Does Jabal Jais Zipline Cost?
Jebel Jais Zipline Price
First questions first. When you see an exotic adventure sport, you usually push it for later because you know it is going to burn a hole in your pocket. But it's time to rejoice because the price for Jebel Jais Zipline in Ras Al Khaimah is just AED 350 ! This is extremely economical when compared to other adventure sports in the UAE and considering that this is the world' longest zipline, AED 350 deems entirely fit.
Quick Facts about the Jabal Jais Zipline Experience
- The Jebel Jais Zipline stretches to 2.83 km of zipwire, equivalent to 28 soccer pitches
- You will be flying 1,680 mts above the sea level
- You will be whizzing at a speed of 120-150 kilometers per hour (93 mph)
- You are required to be a minimum of 45 kilograms (about 100 pounds) and maximum of 150 kilograms with a minimum height of 120 centimeters (nearly four feet) to be able to participate in the Jebel Jais Flight.
- Only those between 12 to 65 years of age are allowed to participate in the Jebel Jais Flight and those below 18 have to be accompanied by an adult at all points.
- The Jebel Jais Flight is available on all days of the week except on Mondays and Tuesdays. It It is open between 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM and have hourly slots available for booking(9 AM to 10 AM, 10 AM to 11 AM, and so on).
- The Zipline facility is designed to accommodate a fresh set of riders every five minutes, so even if you're going in a large group you wouldn't take too long to finish
- The zipline experience takes a little over an hour
- To share the thrill with your loved ones, there are provisions for two lines ziplines which allow people to fly side-by-side with their family and friends.
How do I book tickets for the Jebel Jais Flight?
This is fairly simple as all you have to do is click the Book Now button below and choose whether you want tickets with hotel transfers or without transfers, with lunch or without lunch and proceed for payment. If you're not much of an adventure enthusiast but want to experience the Jebel Jais Mountains the Arab way, you can purchase the mountain lunch + transfers ticket which assures a great experience too. Headout guarantees the best price on the internet so go ahead and book your tickets with no second thoughts. If you still want to wait till you read all about the experience Toro Verde Zipline before booking your tickets, scroll down and read more!
Jebel Jais Flight Deconstructed
Once you make your way up the Jebel Jais Mountain after 15kms of serpentine curves, park your car and make your way to the Welcome Center via the shuttles provided. There are plenty of sign boards to guide you, hence do not worry about losing your way. Make sure you reach atleast 30 minutes prior to your flight time so that there is ample time to prep and guide you through the nuances.
After completing the registration, you will taken to a transparent platform which is about 1680 meters from the ground (326 stories high above sea level). Here you'll meet the team who will equip you with all the necessary top class safety gears and run you through the process. Toro Verde is known for their commitment to safety. They go the extra mile to ensure that enthusiasts feel safe and comfortable at all points.
Falcon like Flight
After the prepping and gearing, you're all set to fly. Get into a superhero position with your face-down and launch yourself from the transparent platform. You will plummet at a speed of 120 to 150 km/hr with the blue sky glistening above you and the rocky brown terrain gushing beneath you. If you've ever dreamt of flying like a bird, this is as close a human can get to feeling like a bird. The organisers call it a falcon flight because of the speed, however this depends on your weight. If you're light, you will propel ahead faster and hence zip ahead faster. Feel royal like a Falcon and fly like one.
After the first burst of 2.83kms, you will land on a platform suspended mid air, about 58m from sea level. Spend some time clicking pictures around here, because there is nothing more Instagram worthy than these views from this suspended platform. After clicking pictures galore, plummet down once again and soar through your last few minutes of the Jebel Jais Flight.
After the second flight which lasts for 1 km you will reach the foot of the mountains. Make your way back to the Welcome Center and pick your Jebel Jais flight certificate, a picture against the Jebel Jais Wall of Fame and a Go-Pro footage of your flight to savour memories this enthralling experience. When you walk out of here, you will realize that the natural splendor of the United Arab Emirates, which is often overlooked, is just as breathtaking as its man made marvels.
Things I should know before going for my Jebel Jais Flight
- To participate for the Jebel Jais Flight, no prior experience is required. All you need is guts and the thrill for it!
- If you're traveling from Dubai to Ras Al Khaimah, you can use the free luxury shuttle that will drop you from Dubai Airport to Hotel Tulip in RAK. From here you can easily arrange for a vehicle to Jebel Jais.
- Athletic clothing is recommended. Skirts, sarees and other loose bottoms or shirts are not suited. Shorts are not recommended as you may feel cold as the air up in the mountains is quite chilly. Make sure your clothes are conducive to withstand the rough terrain. Most importantly, you must be comfortable in them after the gears are strapped on.
- Sturdy Trainers or Sports Shoes are recommended as you have to trek short distances on rocky terrains.
- Sunscreen and Sunglasses are recommended as the UAE sun can be quite harsh
- Though mobiles are not allowed, Go Pros are allowed. Don't forget to bring yours and strap it onto your helmet.
- Make sure to inform the authorities if you have any medical condition that you think will make your participation risky. Regardless, a quick medical evaluation will be done on-site and should you be considered unfit, the authorities reserve the right to refuse participation.
- You will be photographed and filmed throughout the activity. This is for safety purpose only.
- You will have a certified guide with you throughout the tour
- All necessary safety equipments will be provided by the organisers - Toro Verde
- Free parking and Free Transportation is provided through the park area