Singapore, Asia’s most modern and well developed cosmopolitan city is one of the favourite tourist destinations of the world. This beautiful country is a very inviting venue for amusement seekers, shopaholics, explorers, art and culture lovers, nature admirers, foodies, party people and most of all- kids. A well connected, affluent and modern city with a medley of cultures, Singapore is home to the finest tourist attractions. Be it the Jurong Bird Park, Singapore Zoo, Night Safari, Sentosa Island, Gardens by the Bay or scores of other famous destinations, Singapore has constantly been evolving to give an incomparable experience to adults and children alike.
To bring respite from the warm humid climate of this tropical South Asian country, Singapore also has a cool paradise called the The Snow city Singapore, an ultimate crowd pleaser! A hot favourite amongst all, especially families with young children, you can actually experience the chilling thrill of Arctic in Singapore now! Have a snowball fight, make a snowman, go snowboarding or skiing or simply enjoy wandering about in Snow City Singapore.
Snow City Singapore Tickets
Things to do at Snow City Singapore
Snow City Singapore, the first permanent indoor snow centre open throughout the year gives you the real feel of subzero temperature with all the adventure and fun packed in. A magical snow chamber, Snow City Singapore, is divided into 5 zany zones to ensure you have a ball of a time!
Arctic Snow Playground
You enter the fascinating world of Eskimos called Inuit. While you immerse yourself into their lives awestruck, the interactive sessions take the young guests through some interesting and informative facts about our ecosystem. The mascots carved out of snow into life size sculptures are a sight that is bound to leave you mesmerised.
You can enjoy the egg whirl joy ride and settle down at the Giant owl, Suki’s amazing nest. Here the little ones get to know the science behind the Northern Lights phenomenon through an interactive story telling session. You also get an exquisite thrilling snow blizzard experience, one of its kind indeed!
Traditional Inuit’s Home @ the Mezzanine
You can actually try out being an Inuit. Get a real feel of the cool Igloo home and try ice fishing. Dashing through the snow mounds, you can enjoy the sleigh pulled by Ila, the trusted husky sled dog and his team. Go to the Upper Mezzanine level for a real magical snowfall experience.
Arctic Snow Slide
Adventure seekers can never have enough of this snow slide! Lodged on a rubber tube you slide down a 60m long slope covered with snow, shrieking in joy! A super exciting ride down the snowy slope you are bound to ask for more!
Shaman’s Souvenir Shop
You have the option of picking up some Arctic souvenirs as memorabilia of this awesome place from the Shaman’s gift shop.
Know Before You Go To Snow City Singapore
Snow city Singapore Temperature
The chamber is constantly maintained at subzero temperature of -5°C. The airlock area next to it helps visitors get acclimatized to a low temperature zone.
Snow city Dress Code
Snow city Singapore ticket cost includes Jacket and Boots which are compulsory to wear. It is also mandatory to wear long pants (preferably water proof) and socks which can be of your own. However if one wants they are available on rent at an extra cost.
Snow City Singapore Timings
The Opening Hours of Snow City are from 9.45am to 5.15pm from Tuesday to Sunday and 9.45am to 6.45pm on School and Public Holidays.
It is closed on Monday except Public Holidays.
Photography at Snow City Singapore
For a carefree and safe experience personal cameras are prohibited in the Snow Chamber. However professional photographers around can be approached for capturing this memorable experience.
Getting to Snow City Singapore
- By MRT
- By Bus
Get down at Jurong East Station on the East West Line and you can walk to Snow City in 10 minutes. Alternatively, you can transfer to buses 335 or 66 from there to Snow City.
Take any of the 66, 178, 198, 335 buses and get down at the Snow City stop.
- Children below 7 must be accompanied by an adult.
- It is recommended to be cautious of any personal medical condition which may get worsened by the snow activities.
- Food and beverages are prohibited inside the Snow chamber.
- Most Snow City Singapore reviews recommend one hour session as a good time to spend at this place. But you should keep a margin of 30 mins to purchase tickets and get ready with winter wear before the session starts.
- Those not used to such low temperatures especially young children are recommended to wear an extra warm layer besides the jacket which is provided by them. It is a good idea to carry gloves and caps too.
- Remember to wear/carry your own full pants and socks as they are mandatory to wear and renting them out on the spot is an additional expense.
- The fun activities in snow end up wetting your pants so if you are particular about it you should carry a change for wearing once you are out.
- Getting yourselves clicked by their photographers and buying those pictures is an expensive bet. An exquisite memorabilia but budget visitors can stay away from indulging in this.
- There are special events and programmes organised during school holidays for Snow City promotion. One can visit their website before going, to check these out.
- A rubber tube for sliding down the snow slope is provided for free to all visitors. Don't forget to grab this on your way in.
Snow City Singapore Reviews
Don't go on a public holiday, as it'd be very crowded. That means longer waiting time for everything: to get the proper jackets/boots/gloves and a deposit box. Inside the chamber, expect long queue for the ice slides. Recommend to bring own long pants and tick clothes if you want to play longer inside. The good thing is that they always wash and dry the clothes, gloves and boots from customers directly, to avoid germs contamination and bad odor.
My kids had a ball of a time here. though all the clothes provided by them were somewhat torn and there was chaos for the right size of clothes. My 4 year old daughter and 9 year old son had a blast in the snow. Be sure to visit the igloo home above the entrance of the snow area beside the snow slide.
Read what others have to say about Snow City Singapore on TripAdvisor.