A permanent fixture on the Singapore skyline since 1974, the Singapore Cable Car Line is one of its most exciting experiences. The Mount Faber cable car line links Mainland Singapore to the buzzing Sentosa Island. While the newly added Sentosa Line is an intra-island line and covers the length of the Sentosa Island. The colorful cable cars dot the skyline and offer a fantastic panoramic view of the city. The latest addition, Sentosa Line, even won the Top 50 Engineering Feats award at IES-SG50 in 2016. The Singapore Cable Car line offers truly unique experiences like the evening dining pass which thrills travelers and provides unforgettable moments.
How does the Singapore Cable Car Sky Pass work?
The Singapore Cable Car is one of the most popular ways of reaching the Sentosa Island. The two lines of the Cable Car – Mount Faber and Sentosa Line have a total of six stations.
• Mount Faber Line: The line begins on Mount Faber Station, Faber Peak and continues through the Harbourfront Station towards the third and last stop on the Mount Faber Line, Sentosa Station.
• Sentosa Line: The Sentosa Line begins at Merlion Station and continues on to the Imbiah Lookout Station before ending at Siloso Point Station.
- The Singapore Cable Car Sky Pass allows the ticket holder to access all the stations once in an entire trip. This is irrespective of where the ticket holder got on to the ride.
- If you wish to use the ride again, you can purchase additional rides at the stations.
- On the other hand, the round trip pass allows you to visit each station twice.
- With the round-trip pass, you can complete the entire trip irrespective of the station you start at.
How to make the most of your Singapore Cable Car Skypass
The vibrant cable cars whizzing across the skyline between Singapore and Sentosa provide an unparalleled travel experience in Singapore. Rated as one of Singapore’s Top Ten Landmarks by TripAdvisor in 2013, it continues to be the most sought after mode of transport between Singapore and Sentosa.
Exploring Singapore and Keppel Harbor
The Mount Faber Line is perfect to catch the sights of the Central Business District in Singapore and the Keppel Harbor. The round trip time on this line is of about 30 minutes and the best way to start your trip is from the Harbourfront Station towards the Mount Faber Station. You can explore the Faber Peak and then embark on your journey towards the Sentosa Station.
Ideally, you can combine your cable car visit with attractions in Sentosa. This way you can also space out the time and take the return journey in the evening or night. The night time views from the cable car are amazing and you can see the glittering skyline of Singapore and Sentosa.
To get on to the Sentosa Line you need to get off the Sentosa Station and take a short walk to the Imbiah Lookout Station. You can go either way from there, either on to Merlion Station or Siloso Point Station on the opposite end. The round trip on this line takes about 15 minutes and covers a brilliant stretch of Sentosa’s best attractions. You will have to return back to Imbiah Station and walk back to Sentosa to take the return cable car to Harbourfront Station.
Suggested Singapore Cable Car Itinerary
- Start your trip from the Harbourfront Station. The Harbourfront station is located on Level 15 of Harbourfront Tower 2.
- Take the cable car towards Mount Faber Station. This route is often less crowded and provides spectacular views of Singapore and the harbour.
- Alight at the Mount Faber Station and enjoy the beautiful views of Central Business District and Keppel Harbour.
- From Mount Faber Station, travel all the way towards Sentosa Station. On this route, you will see Keppel Harbour, Singapore Cruise Terminal, Adventure Cove Waterpark and Universal Studios Singapore. This completes the Mount Faber Line.
- Get down at the Sentosa Island and walk to Imbiah Lookout Station to get on the Sentosa Line. The Imbiah Lookout Station is located 5 minutes on foot from the Sentosa Station.
- From the Imbiah Lookout Station, you can go to either Merlion Station or Siloso Point Station.
- On the way to Merlion Station from Imbiah Station, you will see Skyline Luge's tracks, Skylift and the beach.
- From Imbiah Station to Siloso Point Station, you will see Mount Imbiah's jungle, MegaZip Adventure Park, Fort Siloso and Siloso Beach.
- To head back to the mainland, get down at Imbiah Lookout Station, walk to Sentosa Station to get on the Mount Faber Line and get down at the Harbourfront Station.
Tip: Space your travel itinerary out so that you can enjoy both the daytime and nighttime views of Singapore and Sentosa. Both are equally magical.
Sights and Attractions Covered along the Singapore Cable Car Skypass
This is an interactive map. Click on the icons for more detials.
Singapore Cable Car Ticket Options
You can purchase tickets for the Singapore Cable Car Skypass online in advance or at the station itself. However, if you are looking to buy discounted Singapore Cable Car tickets, you can do so with Headout, a trusted online marketplace. Headout regularly offers exclusive Singapore Cable Car tickets up to 40% off the regular price.
Singapore Cable Car Sky Pass Round Trip
The Cable Car Singapore Roundtrip Pass allows the ticketholder to travel through all the stations on both the Sentosa and Mount Faber line for an entire trip. You can stop over at all the six stations irrespective of where you started the trip. The entire trip will last about 45 minutes including both the lines and is a great standalone tourist experience. This is perfect to commute to the island from Singapore and soak in the amazing views. It is also convenient if you are short on time yet want to enjoy one of the best experiences in Singapore.
Singapore Cable Car Dining Experience
The evening dining experience on the Cable Car is probably one of the most exquisite experiences in Singapore. With the dining pass you can savor not just the stunning views of Singapore but also a sumptuous 3-course meal in the cable car!
The Cable Car dining experience is an exclusive offering which allows passengers to enjoy a meal over 2 rounds of the cable car ride. The experience starts at 6 PM and last about two hours. Passengers can choose between a vegetarian and non-vegetarian meal option and 3 or 4 course meal.
This pass is ideal for couples, group of friends and families who would love to bond over a well-cooked meal while enjoying a spectacular evening in the sky.
Singapore Cable Car Round Trip with Lunch
Don’t miss the ultimate sightseeing experience! This pass includes both Mount Faber Line and Sentosa Line. Cross through a skyscraper and go across the harbor to reach Mount Faber. On the Sentosa Line, fly over the jungle, sand, and sea and see the many attractions from a unique vantage point. You also get to indulge in an exotic lunch buffet which focus' on regional delicacies. From rich broths to dried shrimp, your stomach will enter a world of new flavors and taste as you dig into the buffet.
Perks of buying the Singapore Cable Car Skypass
The Singapore Cable Car offers a bird’s eye view of every possible attraction in Singapore. It runs over a beautiful harbor, fantastic adventure parks, lush forest and modern architecture. With a Singapore Cable Car Skypass you can enjoy these breathtaking views at your pace while hopping on and off the route.
Attractions along the Mount Faber Cable Car Line
The Mount Faber Line offers panoramic views of the Central Business District of Singapore as it moves across the world-class highway. Kids especially love watching the vehicles whiz past on the roads below them. The Faber Peak surrounded by thick greenery is a welcome change from the steel and chrome landscape of the city.
The Mount Fable Cable Car on its way to Sentosa also crosses the Keppel Harbor including the Harbourfront Cruise Centre. As the cable car looms on to the Sentosa Island, the Merlion greets you to Sentosa! The vistas are breathtaking and a delight for photographers.
Attractions along the Sentosa Cable Car Line
The Sentosa Cable Car Line is also a visual wonderland and cuts across a considerable length of the island. On the line from Imbiah to Merlion you can see Skyline Luge’s tracks, Skylift and the brilliant blue waters of the beach.
From Imbiah to Siloso Point, you can see Mount Imbiah’s jungle, MegaZip adventure Park, Fort Siloso and the Siloso beach.
Combine sightseeing with cable car ride
You can even combine your sightseeing along with the Sentosa cable car ride. From the Imbiah station or Merlion Station you can easily walk down to Madame Tussauds, Sentosa Merlion, Universal Studios, and Kidzania. From the Siloso Station you can head to the Siloso Beach, Fort Siloso and the Underwater World.
Both the Mount Faber Cable Car and Sentosa Cable Car lines offer fantastic photo opportunities. To make the most of these, you can get a Singapore Cable Car Line Skypass so you don’t have to purchase tickets at every stop.
Singapore City Pass
Singapore City pass also includes a 2 way cable car ride along with many other attractions and tours of Singapore. You can combine your sightseeing itinerary and commute by the cable car to make the most of your Singapore City Pass. The Singapore City Pass is perfect for tourists short on time and who wish to enjoy as many experiences as possible. It also allows you to Skip the Line at certain attractions and you don’t have to keep purchasing tickets at each destination. This will save you a lot of time and money on the go.
Check out all the Singapore Cable Car Sky Pass products here.
Singapore Cable Car Reviews
We caught the MRT to Harbourfront and then got on the MT Faber Line. It's a fabulous way to travel, and to sit above and watch one of the busiest ports in the world. We bought the tickets to do the Sentosa Cable Car too. Lots of photo opportunities.
I have never been on such an amazing cable car, the views are awesome over Sentosa Island and around the bay where thousands of ships come and go. This is a must do in Singapore.
Read what others have to say about Singapore Cable Car Sky Pass on TripAdvisor.
Singapore Cable Car Insider Tips
- Try to time your round trip journey so that you can cover the day time and night time view. Both the views are spectacular and offer different perspectives of the Sentosa Island and Singapore waterfront.
- The cable car cabins can get stuffy on sunny days. While there are fans inside the car, ensure you leave the windows slightly open for extra ventilation.
- If you are particular about lighting for photography, you can open the window and take pictures without the tint or glass reflection affecting the photograph.
- Late mornings and afternoons on weekends are especially crowded on the Mount Faber Line. If you are a solo traveler, then you may have to share the cabin with others.
- If you wish to re-board the cable car at any of the four stations, you will have to line up in the boarding line. This is because the boarding and alighting areas are separate.
- The cable car is quite spacious and fits 8 adults comfortably. It can even fit in a stroller for a baby.