The S.E.A. Aquarium on Sentosa Island is a marine wonderland and a mesmerising experience. One of the largest aquariums in Southeast Asia, the S.E.A. Aquarium is home to more than 100,000 marine animals. These animals come from all across the world and are from over 800 species. The S.E.A. Aquarium offers an unparalleled traveller experience in Singapore. One of the world’s largest aquariums, it has been the favourite of travellers from across the world. It has been consistently rated among the Top three Aquariums by TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Awards. S.E.A. Aquarium offers equal amounts of fun and learning. It was also won the Best Learning & Travel Experience Award at the 2015 Singapore Experience Awards for its Ocean Dreams experience.
S.E.A. Aquarium in a Nutshell
S.E.A. Aquarium is built across 10 zones which are replicated to resemble oceans. Some of the zones are the Red Sea, South China Sea, Strait of Karimata & Java Sea, Bay of Bengal & Laccadive Sea, the lakes of East Africa and the Open Ocean journey. They host a variety of marine animals including endangered and unique animals like Hammerhead Sharks, Giant Moray Eel, Reef Manta Ray, Groupers and Giant Crabs. The S.E.A. Aquarium has more than 50 habitats and also offers exclusive visitor experiences like VIP Tours and Ocean Dreams - a unique overnight experience. The aquarium is best experienced in combination with the Adventure Cove Waterpark which together forms the Marine Life Park.
10:00 AM to 07:00 PM every day.
8 Sentosa Gateway, Sentosa Island
S.E.A. Aquarium Tickets
Individual S.E.A. Aquarium Tickets ✪
Skip the ticket line S.E.A. Aquarium tickets.
S.E.A. Aquarium VIP Tour
Priority Access Day Pass and 3 hours guided tour
Access to Dolphin Island back-of-house
Access to S.E.A. Aquarium back-of-house
Quick Jumplinks to Navigate the Guide
Why you shouldn't miss a chance to visit S.E.A. Aquarium?
S.E.A. Aquarium hosts more than 100,000 marine animals which are segregated based on their habitat. There are 10 such zones which resemble real ocean habitats. It hosts the largest collection of Manta Rays and several endangered creatures. It also has a host of shark species which are unlikely found in such artificial habitats. The unique experience allows visitors to stay over the aquarium past its visiting time and explore the aquarium through a guided tour. It offers back-of-house access and includes learning activities and games. The aquarium is loved by visitors of all ages who find it a magical experience. Watching the rays float by and sharks circle in the tanks is something straight out of a wildlife documentary! It’s an experience that you will not forget ever!
S.E.A. Aquarium Experiences
1. Standard Entrance
100,000 marine animals from over 1,000 species wait for you in the S.E.A. Aquarium. One of the world’s largest aquariums, it is a unique space for learning and fun. The standard entrance pass gives you access to this amazing marine world. The 10 habitats take you through a journey across the world’s seas and oceans including the Red Sea, South China Sea, Arabian Sea and many more. Enjoy watching the animals swim and feed in their vast enclosures. Watching shoals of fish with majestic creatures like Sharks, Groupers and Rays is a surreal and magical experience.
2. VIP Tour
The S.E.A. Aquarium offers a superior visiting experience – the VIP Tour. All you need is the VIP pass to have privileged access to the aquarium. You will be given a VIP lanyard and taken on a private tour of the aquarium lasting about 3 hours. It is here that you will learn of what the Sharks have for their meals and where the Manta Rays originally come from! You will also have the back-of-house access and can get a closer look at the animals and their habitat. The tours start prior to opening of the aquarium which means you can experience the aquarium in its most serene and calm environment.
3. Ocean Dreams
A night at the aquarium! The Ocean Dreams is a fascinating immersive experience that allows visitors to stay overnight at the aquarium. The experience starts after the last guest has left the aquarium and includes a special 90 minute guided tour. On the cards next is access to the back-of-house where you can prepare the food for the animals and watch their care routines. Learning sessions, storytelling, games and more such fun is lined up by marine experts. The day ends with you curling up in sleeping bags right beside the fish!
S.E.A. Aquarium Tickets
1. S.E.A. Aquarium Tickets
Enjoy and learn about the wonderful marine world at Southeast Asia’s biggest aquarium.
2. S.E.A. Aquarium VIP Tour
Revel in the VIP treatment at the exquisite S.E.A. Aquarium.
3. Marine Life Park Ticket: S.E.A. Aquarium + Adventure Cove Waterpark
Experience a day full of fun and learning at the S.E.A. Aquarium and the Adventure Cove Waterpark.
• Skip the line at both the aquarium and waterpark and spend more time at the attractions.
• Enjoy access to all 7 thrilling rides and snorkelling at the Rainbow Reef.
• View more than 100,000 marine animals and learn about their habitats and issues that threaten them.
• It’s a perfect mix of adventure and learning, ideal for a family outing.
4. Super Saver Combo: Universal Studios Singapore + S.E.A. Aquarium
Experience the best mix of entertainment and learning at Singapore’s best attractions.
• Skip the line at both the studios and aquarium and get more time on the rides and at the exhibits.
• Enjoy complete access to the thrilling rides and fun theme zones at the Universal Studios.
• Access all the 49 habitats spread across 10 zones at the S.E.A. Aquarium.
• Universal Studio is Singapore’s first Hollywood theme park and S.E.A. Aquarium is Southeast Asia’s largest aquarium.
5. Ultimate Combo: Universal Studios + Adventure Cove Water Park + S.E.A. Aquarium
Enjoy the complete ultimate tourist experience at Singapore’s best attractions.
• Get a day pass each for Universal Studios, Adventure Cove Waterpark and S.E.A. Aquarium and use it at your own pace over a 180 day period.
• Skip the line at all the attractions and head straight to the fun.
• Get SGD 5 meal and retail vouchers at both Universal Studios and S.E.A Aquarium to complete the shopping and dining experience.
6. Sentosa Fun Pass
Experience unlimited fun at Sentosa’s best attractions with the all-day Sentosa Fun Pass.
• Choose from the 3, 5 or Play Max Fun pass to choose from over 19 attractions in Sentosa.
• Save up to 50% on general admission tickets at all the attractions on the Sentosa Fun Pass.
• Attractions include S.E.A. Aquarium, Madame Tussauds Singapore, and Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom.
• Perfect for experiencing the best of Sentosa and save on time and money.
All You Need to Know
S.E.A. Aquarium Timings
The SEA Aquarium is open all days of the week from 10:00 AM – 07:00 PM.
Getting to S.E.A. Aquarium
• You can take buses from Vivocity or Harborfront for the Resorts World Sentosa Bus Stop 14519. Enter the forum and head to the Level 1.
• The Maritime Experiential Museum is located straight up from the bridge.
• The aquarium is located inside the museum.
By Cable Car
• The cable car is a popular option to combine sightseeing with transport.
• Board the cable car from Harbourfront station and disembark at the Imbiah Station. Take the Sentosa express and alight at Waterfront station.
• Head towards the Merlion Statuette and cross the bridge to arrive at the Maritime Experiential Museum.
• The aquarium is located inside the museum.
• Drive on the Sentosa Gateway and stick to the left lane towards the Resorts World Sentosa Car Park.
• Turn right towards the space for ‘Cars/Taxi’ and follow the signage to ‘B1 East’.
• Locate the nearest Car Park directory and follow directions to S.E.A.Aquarium on Level 1.
• Extra parking charges will apply for the car park. Make sure you remember the parking spot.
S.E.A. Aquarium Rules and Regulations
- Outside food and beverages are not allowed inside the aquarium.
- You are not allowed to eat or drink near or in the exhibits. Make sure you eat in the designated areas only.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the aquarium. Visitors can use the designation areas for smoking.
- Photography is allowed within the aquarium however visitors are requested not to use flash.
- Pets and other animals are not allowed inside; exceptions could be made for service animals.
S.E.A. Aquarium Reviews
- THE GOOD
- THE BAD
The S.E.A. Aquarium is undoubtedly one of the best edutainment options in Singapore. A part of the Resorts World Sentosa, it is currently the world’s second largest aquarium. The huge viewing tank called the Open Ocean Habitat is the highlight of the attraction and a crowd favourite. It’s an amazing experience to stand on the other side of the glass and view the majestic marine animals swim around the vast tank.
It’s a great opportunity for parents to teach their kids about the magic of the ocean. Not just that, it’s also a wonderful place for underwater enthusiasts and those who wish to view the magical creatures. They have the largest collection of rays and more than 1000 species of fish and marine animals.
Special immersive experiences like Ocean Dreams and the VIP Tour are popular with visitors. These experiences allow visitors to get close to the animals and watch them being fed and taken care of. A visit to the S.E.A. Aquarium will create memories for a lifetime!
The S.E.A. Aquarium is counted amongst the world’s largest and best aquariums. It is also one of the major highlights of the Singapore tourist circuit and hence draws a lot of tourists. On holidays the crowds can really swell and it is possible that visitors may not get the ideal aquarium experience. The best way to avoid this is to travel on weekdays to ensure you beat the crowds.
This is one of the largest aquariums that I've been to and is so worth the visit. A great relaxing way to spend the day watching all the animals in their environment. This is a must see if you are in Singapore. Great for the family or for couples!
S.E.A. Aquarium has one of the best collections of fish of all seaworlds and aquariums I have seen so far. Beautiful creatures with the most colorful corals in huge tanks. It looks like they take good care of the inhabitants of the tanks. You can easily wander around for a few hours and forget the world above sea level. I can definitely recommend this aquarium if you visit Sentosa in Singapore. And the facilities are clean, which you can expect from Singapore.
Check out all the S.E.A. Aquarium reviews on TripAdvisor.
- Start the day early at SEA Aquarium. Crowds start pouring in after 12 though the aquarium opens at 10:00 AM. Make the best use of the first few hours and enjoy the aquarium in peace.
- Weekdays are the best to visit the park due to fewer crowds.
- It’s a fairly large place and you will have to stand and view all the attractions. Stay hydrated through the day.
- The SEA Aquarium is one of the most popular destinations in Singapore, so expect crowds. Try taking a skip the line pass so that you can avoid waiting in queues.
- Have a meal at the Ocean Restaurant, it’s an incredible experience. But make sure you book ahead in advance as it usually runs full.
- Catch the show at the Typhoon theatre; it’s a great experience for kids especially.
- Don’t miss out the Jellyfish, Sharks, Moray Eels and Coral Reef exhibits. The Open Ocean Habitat is also a must-visit.