Ripley's Believe it or Not! NYC is one of the most thrilling and awe inspiring attractions in the Big Apple specially for children and young families. Hosting a number of things ranging from strange to shocking to beautiful this Museum gives you an experience that is unusual, unexpected and unbelievable. From prehistoric to futuristic era, the Ripley’s collection has works of art made from everyday objects, priced collections and strange hobbies. This pleasantly surprising, incredible place with a real life manifestation of all those Goosebumps books and horror thrillers we all read as kids, Ripley’s Believe It or Not! NYC is a must visit attraction while in New York City.
Ripley’s Believe It or Not! NYC Quick Facts
Offering one of a kind unusual and unbelievable experience to its visitors, Ripley's Believe it or Not! is home to rare artefacts, photographs, mind blowing interactive exhibits, micro sculptures, giant robots and much more. You will be awed with amazing displays of eccentric art, intricate sculptures made with used tyres, extraordinary animals and many other incredible things that greet you as you walk through the Ripley’s Believe it or Not! galleries. Located in the heart of Times Square, spread over two entire floors, Ripley’s Believe It Or Not! is the largest Ripley’s attraction in North America showcasing,
- 80-plus attractions including outer space wonders, dinosaur fossils, world’s only albino giraffe etc.
- More than 500 astonishing artefacts
- More than 20 distinct, interactive galleries including the bizarre, incredible, mysterious and fascinating
- Thousands of photographs,cartoon panels, models and much more
Ripley's Believe It Or Not! Tickets
Ripley's Believe It or Not! New York Tickets
• Discounted Admission Price to Ripley's Believe It Or Not NYC
• Access to special exhibits and experiences
• Witness over 500 unique and bizarre galleries
Best of Ripley's Believe It Or Not! NYC
A dark whirling tunnel simulating the black hole gives you the illusion of actually walking through one as you go across the hallway. As the floor beneath your feet seems to move and the room spins, twists and turns, you want to hold on to the rails! Kids just cant have enough of this!
The Torture Room
Resembling a dungeon, this room with a number of strange and terrifying torture devices is a little scary. The dim lighting of the room with an authentic 16th century feel of the dreaded prison gives you a simulated experience of punishments those days. Sticking your head through the ‘Tourist Shrunken Head’ makes a perfect photo op!
Race the Coins
This is an educative mystery game enjoyed by most kids. As they roll coins down a chute they can observe the effects of gravitational pull in the black whole on different objects. Trying out with different sized coins you can unlock the mystery of the black hole here!
The Empire State Building
Part of the interactive gallery, the Empire State Building exhibits are ultimate fun. Suspended mirror creating an optical illusion gives a magical effect to this skyscraper exhibit.You can actually get yourself clicked hanging on to the building or flying by it! Shrinking the massive New York City in an exhibit surely draws major attraction.
Incredible models and artefacts
The 12 ft tall Gorilla made of recycled car tyres, tallest man in medical history, the two trunked elephant, the albino giraffe, replica busts of Star War characters out of recycled machines, computers, typewriters etc, the wall made out of 70000 stamps, the Centennial ball made up of thousands of crystals etc.
Ripley's Believe it or Not! NYC - Know Before You Go
- Located at 234 West 42nd Street between Seventh and Eighth Avenues, New York City, Ripley's Believe it or Not is open Daily from 9:00 AM to 1:00 AM with last entry at 12:00 AM.
- The gate price of Ripley's Believe It Or Not! Tickets is about $30 for adults and about $23 for kids. One can save upto 20% or more by buying online on Headout using the Ripley's Believe It Or Not! Coupon.
- To get to Ripley’s the most preferred mode of transport is the Subway. Subway A, C, E to 42nd St–Port Authority or N, Q, R, 42nd St S, 1, 2, 3, 7 to 42nd St–Times Sq or 7, B, D, F, V to 42nd St-5th Ave-6th Ave.
- There are buses plying to the area which can be tracked on apps like moovit.
- If you are planning to get to Ripley’s by car, there are several parking garages in the area near Ripley’s Times Square. Visit sites like Icon Parking, Parkingwhiz etc. to find the nearest locations.
Know Before You Go To Ripley’s Believe It or Not!
Ripley's Believe it or Not! NYC Timings
Located at 234 West 42nd Street between Seventh and Eighth Avenues, New York City, Ripley's Believe it or Not is open Daily from 9:00 AM to 1:00 AM with last entry at 12:00 AM.
Getting to Ripley's Believe it or Not! NYC
- By Subway
- By Bus
- By Car
To get to Ripley’s the most preferred mode of transport is the Subway. Subway A, C, E to 42nd St–Port Authority or N, Q, R, 42nd St S, 1, 2, 3, 7 to 42nd St–Times Sq or 7, B, D, F, V to 42nd St-5th Ave-6th Ave.
There are buses plying to the area which can be tracked on apps like moovit.
If you are planning to get to Ripley’s by car, there are several parking garages in the area near Ripley’s Times Square. Visit sites like Icon Parking, Parkingwhiz etc. to find the nearest locations.
Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Insider Tips
Getting to Ripley's Believe it or Not! NYC
- Keep aside about 2 hours for Ripley’s Believe it or not NYC to enjoy the place, as there is a lot to see and read.
- Gate tickets can turn out to be quite expensive, get your online bookings done in advance. The gate price of ‘Ripley's believe it or not’ tickets is about $30 for adults and about $23 for kids. One can save upto 20% or more by buying online on Headout using the Ripley's believe it or not coupon.
- If you are wanting to avoid rush, you can plan on going late at night when the stores are closed. The place is open till 1:00 AM at night.
- It is best to wear non fussy comfortable clothes and shoes to enjoy some of the experiences.
- Keep in mind the fact that most eating places in Times Square are expensive. Plan accordingly.
- This attraction may not be suitable for very small children as they may get scared. Make an informed decision.
Read what others have to say about Trick Eye Museum Sentosa Singapore on TripAdvisor.
Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Review
As a history nut I found many of the exhibits very interesting, some unnerving and some were true to the moniker ‘believe it or not’. Laid out well but still was easy to miss things so take your time. I liked this place very much. Use the internet to buy the tickets in the website and save.
- Mauger v, Tripadvisor August 2018
Visited the NYC location yesterday with my teenage girls and mom. We enjoyed it alot. Exhibits were interesting and fun for photos. Try the Relic experience! We did and it was super fun trying to solve the puzzles and get out. Shout out to Vincent Cintron who was our guide for the Relic experience. He was the bomb! Buy tickets online before you go. Saved us about $10 each.
- Tonya D, Tripadvisor August 2018
Read more about Ripley's Believe It Or Not! New York on Tripadvisor.