If you have a yen for adventure, action and excitement while in Barcelona, the PortAventura World is your first port of call. The PortAventura World is located 1 hour and 20 minutes from Barcelona proper in a city called Salou. Packed with nerve-shredding rides for all age groups and an excellent range of on-site hotels, bars and restaurants, PortAventura World is the ideal place to experience thills and chills while absorbing Catalan culture on the coast of rural Spain. This fantasy land is divided into 3 parts - PortAventura Park, Ferrari Land and Caribe Aquatic Park. While the PortAventura Park is divided into 6 epic realms, the Ferrari Land has wild rides and the Caribe Aquatic Park is all about flumes and splash-happy zones. You'll need a day in each theme park to make the most of it, so book your stay in one of the four hotel complexes in PortAventura World and experience 3 days of sheer fun!
In this PortAventura World Guide, learn more about each theme park, the opening times, enjoy quick access to discounted tickets, view maps and explore your hotel options.
PortAventura Opening Times
PortAventura Park Timings
The park opens at 10 AM on the days it is open, which are:
- 23 March to 4 November - Monday to Sunday
- 5 November to 7 January - Park is open on weekdays and select days
- 7 January to 22 March - The park is closed
Ferrari Land Timings
The Ferrari Land Barcelona hours vary with season.
- 23/3 to 22/6; 11/9 to 4/11; 6 and 7/12; 24/12 to 6/1/2019: Daily, from 10:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- 23/6 to 10/9: Daily, from 10:30 AM to 8:00 PM
- 10/11 to 23/12: Saturday and Sunday, 10:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Caribe Aquatic Park Timings
- Monday - Sunday from 10:30 AM to 7:00 PM
- The Caribe Aquatic Park remains closed in winter, so check the timings on the official website before planning your trip.
Since timings vary every season, do check the PortAventura World timings on the website before setting off.
You can easily purchase tickets for the park you'd like to visit online and walk into the park without spending time on the ticket queue. This will give you a headstart and help you make the best of your day! Simply click on the Tickets tab and book your PortAventura tickets in just 3 quick steps.
PortAventura Park Tickets
Discover 6 different worlds, with various themes and experience thrilling rides like the Dragon Khan, Furius Baco and the highest roller coaster of Europe, Shambhala and a host of other attractions.
Ferrari Land Tickets
Experience the world of the Italian dream team and get a chance to challenge the wind as you board the park's 'Red Force' at a staggering 112 meters, feel the speed accelerating from 0 to 180km/h in 5 seconds.
Costa Caribe Aquatic Park Tickets
Soak up the fun with a challenging wave pool, a mad river, thrilling slides, listen to reggae music and relax at the park's "Bahama Beach" in its most relaxing form in a tropical environment.
PortAventura World: 3 Parks/3 Days
Explore all of PortAventura World in three days and indulge in the most thrill seeking adventure at the Caribe Aquatic Park, Ferrari Land and PortAventura park.
Best Rated PortAventura Hotels
PortAventura Reviews & Tips
- Book entry tickets for all 3 parks online as they are cheaper than buying them at the gate, plus you can avail the combo deal savings online.
- If you're staying in one of the PortAventura hotels, check whether your booking is inclusive of access to parks. That way, you do not have to purchase seperate tickets.
- School holidays and weekends pull in maximum crowds, so time your visits for houlder season and midweek to save up on standing in long queues.
- Always start from the most popular ride and work from there against the flow of crowds. Most people keep the best for the last, but working the other way round will help you save up on time.
- Sunscreen, hats and shades are an absolute must if you don't want to turn salmon-pink by the end of the day. Wear them, and reapply them every 5 hours.
- Outside food and drinks aren't allowed, though plenty of people seem to flout this rule. You are allowed to bring your own water bottle and refill them at the drinking fountains throughout the park.
- Comfy footwear will keep you in good spirits as you'll have to walk several kilometres some of it uphill too. Uncomfortable shoes can be quite the buzzkill.
- Make sure you check your kids height before coming in as access to rides are strictly height bound. Height restrictions vary for each ride, so before standing in queue, make sure your child meets the limit.
- Restaurants in PortAventura World are available in wide variety and are a good value for money ( not a rip off like other theme parks ). Prices are similar to cinemas and airports and options are in plenty for kids as well. Check out all the Restaurants in PortAventura World.
- Estrella Damm is the only beer available at PortAventure World and smoking is permitted in the park premises.
- The Reus airport is a mere fifteen minute ride from PortAventura World. Ryanair has frequent flights to Reus airport.
- There are many events that run through the year in PortAventura World. Check the Events Calendar to see if you can schedule your visit to coincide with the closest event. From the Cirque du Soleil to Halloween to Christman celebrations, PortAventura World is all the more magical during festivities.
- If you're up to hole-in-one, there are three golf courses in PortAventura.