Located on 44th Street, just next to Times Square, is the new and refurbished Hudson Theater. Almost 50 years after its last Broadway performance in 1968, the Hudson Theater has returned in style, making for one of the finest theater experiences in NYC.
Watch two screen legends, Matthew Broderick and Sarah Jessica Parker, return to Broadway together to perform the classic Neil Simon comedy Plaza Suite at Hudson Theatre
Address: 141 W 44th St, New York, NY 10036
Seating Capacity: 970
Orchestra : 474
Mezzanine : 254
Check out the Hudson Theatre Seating Chart here.
Playing At The Hudson Theatre: Plaza Suite
Two-time Tony Award winner Matthew Broderick and two-time Emmy Award winner Sarah Jessica Parker return to Broadway together to portray the three different hilarious couples in this Broadway classic from a Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright. Directed by Tony Award winner John Benjamin Hickey, this uproarious and piercing look at love and marriage is coming to Hudson Theatre for 17 weeks only
Plaza Suite features the tale of three couples -- all characters played by Matthew Broderick and Sarah Jessica Parker -- all set in Suite 719 of New York City's Plaza Hotel.
John Benjamin Hickey
Monday to Saturday - 8:00 PM
Wednesday, Saturday - 2:00 PM
Orchestra: Seating is accessible to all parts of the Orchestra without steps.
Mezzanine: There are several small sets of stairs to get to the seats. There are 3 flights of stairs to the Balcony. Hand rails are available at every stepped seat row.
Restroom: Accessible restrooms are located on both the Orchestra and Dress Circle levels. There are a total of 27 toilets in the venue.
Telephone: There is complimentary public Wifi throughout the theatre.
Water Fountain: A water fountain is available in the Dress Circle and the Balcony.
- Drinks are served in real glassware without a lid. Hence, it is advisable to have your drink at the bar as it may be a trouble and a task to keep things from spilling inside the theatre.
- Burn This is a show that runs for 3 hours. Plan your restroom break accordingly.
- Though the Hudson has some of the widest and most comfortable seating in Broadway, seats in the balcony, though not cramped are a bit small and low for tall folks. Keep this in mind when selecting your seats.
The Hudson Theatre is located near Times Square and is very easy to reach. Located on 139-141 W 44th Street, you can find ample parking spaces near the theatre. Check out Icon Parking near the theatre for trouble-free parking.
On the other hand, if you’re taking the subway, there are plenty of options for you. You can take the lines A, C and E to the 42nd Street and 8th Avenue or lines N, R, S, 1, 2, 3, 7 and 9 to 42nd Street and Times Square.
Restaurants near Hudson Theatre
1. Sardi’s: This iconic, continental diner is lined with caricatures of showbiz celebrities making it a hit with locals and tourists alike.
2. The Lamb's Club: This art-deco style restaurant, located in 132 West 44th Street, serves some of the best cocktails and steaks in New York.
3. Carmine's: One of the most popular restaurants on Broadway, Carmine’s is your answer to home-style Italian food in New York.
4. Connolly's: A wood-paneled Irish pub, Connolly’s is your go to place for pub food and a beer in New York.
5. DB Bistro Moderne: Located in Theater District, Daniel Boulud’s Moderne serves modern French bistro cuisine with a touch of America.
If you're looking for more options, how about checking out our in-depth guide on restaurants in the Theater District. It has everything you're looking for. And more.