A thrilling helicopter ride overlooking the stunning Dubai skyline, flying past some of Dubai’s most iconic landmarks, and creating memories worth a lifetime. Sounds interesting? Great! We have just the thing for you. Presenting our all encompassing guide to helicopter tours Dubai. Experience the intrigue and magic of zipping through the Dubai sky with glorious views of the city made available for your viewing pleasure.
From the iconic Burj Khalifa, present in all its magnificent glory, to the striking Palm Jumeirah, a Dubai helicopter tour offers you bird’s eye view of the city like nothing else does. Add your family or friends to this ride of a lifetime and what you get is an experience you won’t ever forget. Clearly helicopter tours Dubai are a requisite tourist experience. Now that you know exactly why you should opt for a helicopter tour Dubai, let’s help you pick the best one!
Before presenting our options for the best helicopter tours Dubai, let’s us look at some important things you should consider about a Helicopter tour in Dubai before making your pick.
Helicopter Tours Dubai 101: Things To Consider
As fun and exciting most helicopter tours Dubai are, they come at a considerable cost and require some research before you zero-in on the one you wish to book. Let’s look at some factors you should consider before booking your Dubai helicopter tour.
1. Time Of Day
An important factor that impacts the quality of your helicopter tours Dubai experience is the time of day you have booked your tickets for. Call it pollution, sand or lack of greenery but Dubai is often blanketed with a thin haze that can impact visibility. We would recommend going for your helicopter tours Dubai during midday since that’s when the haze/dust has been reported to be at it’s lowest density. Early morning tour slots also offer a relatively clear view of the Dubai skyline but skip sunset or post sunset slots since you’ll experience limited visibility at these slots.
Another factor you need to consider before booking your helicopter tours Dubai is the weather condition. Bad weather, including thunderstorms and dust storms can lead to the cancellation or rescheduling of your tour so factor that in if you’re booking last minute tickets.
3. Tour Duration
As you will see in our list of best helicopter tours Dubai, each tour lasts for a specific duration, ranging from anywhere between 12 minutes to 40 minutes. When you’re booking helicopter tours Dubai tickets, consider you long you wish to be up in the air. Our recommendation would be to go for a longer tour, even if it costs more. The thing is, helicopter tours of a particular city are generally a one-time experience. So, a tour that lasts longer, will give you the opportunity to experience the thrill of flying for a longer period.
4. Finding The Right Tour Operator
Last, but most important, is the operator you pick for your helicopter tours Dubai. You need to be able to trust the operator with your life and that’s where Headout comes in. Our Dubai helicopter tours are organised by the most trusted and well-known operators in the city, ensuring that you’re in safe hands at all times.
Helicopter Tours Dubai 102: Picking The Best Tour
Next up we have the best helicopter tours Dubai has to offer. Let’s begin.
1. Heritage Helicopter Tour: 12 Minutes
- The least expensive of all helicopter tours in Dubai, the Heritage tour takes you airborne for a good 12 minutes.
- Visit some of the most iconic Dubai landmarks from up above without spending too much.
What You'll See
In the Heritage Helicopter Tour, you’ll fly over The Palm, Burj Al Arab, Burj Khalifa, The World Islands, Jumeirah Beach Corniche, and Dubai Canal.
2. Explorer Helicopter Tour: 22 Minutes
- Get a little more time in the air, taking in the breathtaking views Dubai has to offer with this 22 minutes helicopter tour.
- Some of the most emblematic locations you will see are the Creek Golf Club, Heritage Village, the Burj Al Arab, the Palm Jumeirah, Burj Khalifa, to name a few!
What You'll See
This helicopter tour will cover Dubai landmarks like The Palm, Burj Al Arab, Burj Khalifa, The World Islands, Jumeirah Beach Corniche, Dubai Creek, Heritage Village, The Trade Souks, Wind Towers and Mosques, and Festival City.
3. Adventure Helicopter Tour: 40 Minutes
- The longest of helicopter tours Dubai, Adventure Helicopter tour lasts for a whopping 40 minutes! That’s 40 minutes of awe-inspiring views and a ride you won’t ever forget!
- Get a leisurely peek at all of the iconic Dubai landmarks with this 40 minutes helicopter tour and click pictures your friends will be envious of.
What You'll See
This 40 minute Dubai helicopter tour covers Burj Al Arab, The World Islands, The Palm Jumeirah, Atlantis Hotel, Burj Khalifa, The Jumeirah Marina, Jebel Ali Palm, Jumeirah Lakes, Meydan Racecourse, Business Bay, Dubai Canal, Dubai Creek, Heritage Site, and Wind Towers.
4. Sand and Sky Tour
- Get a real taste of what Dubai’s all about with a special Sand and Sky combo. Experience a Dubai helicopter tour and an enchanting Dubai safari in one swell day.
- A 12 minute helicopter tour covering most of Dubai’s famous attractions.
- Experience the desert and dunes Dubai is so famous for with a range of desert-themed activities like dune bashing, camel riding, and more!
What You'll See
The Dubai helicopter tour will cover Festival City, Dubai Creek, Burj Khalifa, Union Square, Port Rashid, The Jumeirah coastline, and more!
Helicopter Tours Dubai: Insider Tips
- All helicopter tours Dubai require your passport at the security check post. Ensure that you’re carrying it at all times.
- Children between the age of 4 to 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- If you’re traveling in a group of 5, we would recommend booking a private helicopter tour in Dubai. It’s more cost effective than a shared tour and you get to enjoy the sights of Dubai with complete privacy.
- For security reasons there are restrictions on photography. High-resolution camcorders or cameras with telephoto lens greater than 400 mm not permitted in most helicopter tours. Check with your tour operator to know more.
- Dress in light, comfortable clothes. Earrings are not allowed in most helicopter tours.
- If the weather gets bad your helicopter tour will be cancelled and rescheduled to the next available slot. Make your bookings according to the weather to avoid last-minute disappointment.
- If you’re short on time, we would recommend booking the Sand and Sky combo tour to experience all that Dubai has to offer without spending too much time on each experience individually.
That completes our helicopter tours Dubai guide. Book your seats for this once in a lifetime experience today and make the most of your trip to the City of Gold!