Why spend money on walking tours when you can do them for free? While many people have apprehensions about the quality of free tours, let me assure you that they are just as good as the paid walking tours. The whole point of running free tours is to let those who are on a budget experience a flavour of the city and pay whatever their pocket allows. While this may be speculation, tour guides for free tours are definitely more passionate. I mean, they are taking you around for free, simply because they enjoy showing you around their city!
Headout now offers free walking tours in Rome. The best part being, you get this free walking tour complimentary with your ticket purchases. So, for the price of one experience, you get two stellar experiences! Read on to know more about the best free tours in Rome.
Roman Highlights Free Walking Tour Worth €18
Roman Highlights Free Walking Tour : In A Nutshell
Be a part of this free English guided walking tour in Rome that takes you around the best of Central Rome in just 1.5 hours.
- Get an 18 Euro worth Walking Tour free on Headout
- Start off with the famous Piazza Navona, a 15th-century square erected on the site of the Stadium of Domitian.
- Visit the two-millenniums-old Pantheon, a true symbol of ancient Rome.
- Next, head over to the 18th century Spanish Steps and toss a coin in the Trevi Fountain. This will give you a much-needed respite from all the walking.
What's this free tour in Rome all about?
Grab a spot on this tour and you'll have seen it all. This one's simply ideal for first time visitors to Rome and takes you through the best of Central Rome. Head out to discover the secrets of Rome that go back more than 2,000 years and walk about Central Rome and revel in the history of the eternal city.
What is the itinerary for this free tour?
- Your tour begins at the famed Piazza Navona, a 15th-century square that was built on the site of the Stadium of Domitian.
- The tour then heads to one of the oldest and most iconic buildings left standing in Rome - the 2,000 year old Pantheon. The Pantheon is a mere 10-minutes walk from the piazza and makes for the perfect second stop.
- After the Pantheon, your guide will lead you to the famed Trevi Fountain - the largest Baroque fountain in Rome and the easily one of the most popular in the world. You can partake in the age old ritual of throwing a coin into the fountain to harness good fortune.
- The tour group will then head to the Spanish Steps where the tour will conclude. The 174-stepped monumental structure was built in the 18th century and it connected the Holy See at the bottom of the steps to the Bourbon Spanish Embassy and the Trinità dei Monti church at the top - thus the name.
How do I book this free tour in Rome?
Booking a free tour on Headout is simple.
1. Grab tickets to any of the following experiences below and get an exclusive 'Roman Highlights Walking Tour' FREE, worth €18.
2. Check out the experiences with which this free tour comes complimentary and grab your ticket. Not to forget, you almost always earn cashbacks on your Headout purchases, hence all the more savings.
Rome Experiences with Free Rome Highlights Walking Tour
When does this tour start and how long does it go on for?
This free tour takes place once a day at 6:00 PM and goes on for 1.5 hours.
Who runs this free tour in Rome?
Run by a team of passionate local guides who are in love with their city; this free tour will acquaint you with the city's rich past, incredible architecture, and magnificent sights. Rest assured, you're in expert hands.
Visiting Rome for the first time with my boyfriend and having the tour with Alexandra was just stunning. She’s so interactive and free spirited. After 1.5 hours touring she was still willing and sharing knowledge of actual history with us. She was so accommodating to our group and there was two young children that really enjoyed the tour in a fun way. Alexandra is the BEST!!!
Which language is this tour in?
This free guided walking tour is conducted in English only.
How many people are allowed on the tour?
Despite being a free tour, they do not allow more than 30 people in one group. While this may seem like a lot, free tours are always fun with more people. Like they say, more the merrier.
Do I have to pay a fine if I don't turn up?
Not at all! We understand plans change, so just let us know and we'll have the tour guide know about your absence.
Can I book the tour on the day of the experience?
Yes you can! The tickets are open dated and you can book them on any day you'd like. It does not have to be on the date of the experience you've chosen.
Do I need to print out my tickets?
Nope! You can show your mobile voucher to the tour guide and you're good to go.
Where does this free tour start?
The meeting point is located in the northern side of Piazza Navona, in front of the "Al Sogno" shop. You'll find your guide waiting for you at the shop.
Visiting Rome On A Budget?
Here are a few detailed guides that will help you plan your budget trip to Rome better.