The canal city of Dubai Marina with its shiny high rises and sprawling infrastructure has emerged as an awe-inspiring example of human excellence. The city district is built along the Persian Gulf and is at its finest under the night sky. One of the best ways to experience the glittering magnificence of Dubai Marina is by sailing through the network of canals on a Dhow Cruise. Traditionally, Dhow vessels were used in the region by pearl divers and traders, but with time, these boats have evolved to offer a rare glimpse of the past and present of this thriving metropolis.
Why Go For A Cruise In Dubai Marina
Dubai is called the city of superlatives because every new development here is bigger and better than the last and Dubai Marina’s rise to prominence in the ongoing decade has a lot to do with this title. With buildings like the Burj Al Arab and Dubai Mall, the canal district has the world’s tallest building and the largest mall that are part of the world’s ‘tallest block’. What makes Dubai Marina more impressive are the office and residential buildings that are continuously redefining the architecture of New Dubai. What’s more is that with the growing number of locals and tourists in the area, there are new food and leisure joints opening frequently, adding to the charm of Dubai Marina. If you want to explore the beautiful neighbourhood on foot, you can take the Dubai Marina Walk, and for a panoramic view, board a Dhow cruise at any time of the day and sail through the 2 miles long canal that runs parallel to the Dubai Marina.
What Does A Dubai Marina Dhow Cruise Consist Of
Dubai Marina is a sight to behold and cruising through the canal beside it promises unparalleled views of the buildings that have become landmarks on the international map. Among the many sights you will pass by, some that you should not miss are the Burj Al Arab, Hotel Atlantis the Palm, Palm Jumeirah, Dubai Marina Yatch Club Promenade, and the Dubai Marina Mall. You will also get a chance to admire the unique architecture that surrounds the area in form of residential buildings, recreational spaces, and office buildings. You can opt for a day-time cruise if you are interested in understanding the architecture, or go on an evening or night-time cruise to see New Dubai glittering under the dark sky.
Dining on a luxurious cruise under the night sky can be a memorable experience and if it’s along the Dubai Marina, it can be truly magical. What can enhance this experience further is the option of going on a Dhow Dinner Cruise. You can enjoy a sumptuous three-course meal of continental or international dishes under the night sky as you cruise through the canal and relax with a glass of chilled juice or soft drink. You can either go for a sunset cruise with dinner or choose the dedicated Dinner cruise that sails after sun down.
Dhow Cruises in Dubai not only offer great culinary and sightseeing experiences, but also a glimpse into the region’s cultural heritage. Depending on the cruise you opt for, you will be treated with live performances of traditional art forms by expert artists who practice the Tanoura Dance, Youwla Dance or Arabic music. At the time of booking a cruise experience you can choose the one that offers one or all of these performances and enjoy a holistic experience.
Top Dhow Cruises in Dubai Marina
Dubai Marina Sightseeing Dhow Cruise
• Dubai Marina Sightseeing Dhow Cruise leaves every hour between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm from a designated pier on the Dubai Marina promenade.
• As you board the cruise, you will be welcomed by the softly playing traditional music, and glasses of cool drinks for the hour-long journey.
• You will pass by the ‘Tallest Block in the world’ and witness the unending heights of skyscrapers like the Infinity Tower, Ocean Heights, Marina Pinnacle, and Sulafa Tower.
• The 360-degree glass walls offer an uninterrupted view of the city side and the intriguing architecture that marks the opulence of Dubai Marina.
• If required, you can also have a hotel pick-up arranged.
Dubai Marina Dhow Dinner Cruise
• The Dubai Marina Dhow Dinner Cruise leaves every evening at 8:30 pm and docks back at the pier at 10:30 pm after sailing for two hours.
• On the evening of your cruise, a car will pick you up an hour in advance from your hotel and before boarding the Dhow, the staff will welcome you with a glass of chilled drink, Arabic dates and coffee.
• Once onboard, settle in for a relaxing cruise through the Dubai Marina as the traditional music gently fills the air.
• You can choose to enjoy the evening air on the outer deck, or lounge indoors and look at Dubai’s passing skyline through the 360-degree glass walls.
• The highlight of this cruise experience is the three-course continental buffet that offers a variety of dishes.
Luxury Sunset Cruise with Live Saxophonist
• If watching sunsets is your thing, then the Luxury Sunset Cruise with Live Saxophonist is a great option for you.
• In the two hours that you spend onboard, the cruise will pass through the Marina Esplanade and you will be able to witness Burj Al Arab, Palm Jumeirah, Hotel Atlantis the Palm, Dubai Marina Mall and other such landmark structures.
• Enjoy the evening with an unlimited supply of soft drinks and juices as the sun sets behind Dubai’s tall buildings.
• As the evening progresses, you will head indoors for the sumptuous buffet of food from different parts of the world.
Luxury Dinner Cruise with 5-Star Hotel Buffet Spread
• The Luxury Dinner Cruise is a one of a kind experience on a glass houseboat that offers a stunning view of New Dubai’s skyline.
• The unlimited supply of soft drinks and juices will keep you refreshed through the two hours of cruise.
• You can enjoy the delicious dinner, which is catered by The Address Hotel, under the star-studded night sky and look out at the engineering marvels like the Palm Jumeirah, Burj Al Arab and other famous buildings that make up New Dubai.
Yellow Boats: Dubai Marina & Palm Lagoon Boat Tour
• Travel through the magnificent Dubai Marina with a breathtaking skyline, magnificent 21st Century modern architecture and experience the buzz and vibrancy of a chic, urban lifestyle.
• It is fantastic in the day, or by night when the Marina comes alive with its stunning lights, colors, and activities.
• Your guided journey will highlight some of the famous landmarks of the most spectacular marina in the world.
• Here are some amazing architectural structures you will see along the cruise: Twisted Tower, Princess Tower, Dubai Marina Yacht Club, Address Hotel, Al Fattan Towers, JBR.
You can discover more such exciting Dubai dhow cruise deals at Headout and make your desert vacation one to remember.
If you couldn't find a dhow cruise you're looking for or would like to check out other dhow cruise options in Dubai than the Dubai Marina, head over to our exclusive Dubai dhow cruise guide.