Dubai has once again proved to be the city of superlatives and the latest ace up its sleeve is the Dubai Frame. Dubai Frame, a true architectural wonder comprises of 2 towers, 150m each joined by a 93m long bridge at the top with a void in the center rising from Dubai’s Zabeel Park. Also known as the Frame of Dubai or Berwaz Dubai, the Frame was designed to “frame” Dubai ‘s evolution from an ordinary fishing village to the glittering cosmopolitan city it has now become. From the top of Dubai Frame, you can view Dubai's past, present and future at the same. Read along to know more about Dubai Frame's location, timings, ticket price, architectural feat and more!
To see or not to see the World's Tallest Dubai Frame - Is it worth it?
Dubai Frame - Building & Design
The Dubai Frame is touted to be one of the main tourist attractions of 2018 , alongside the Burj Khalifa and the Burj Al Arab. The Frame was designed by the award winning architect Fernando Donis who has also designed 2 other prominent buildings in Dubai - Dubai’s Porsche Design Towers, and the Dubai Renaissance Tower. Its opulence decor studded with stainless gold cladding is a tribute to Dubai’s reputation as the ‘City of Gold’. Moreover, the honeycomb like golden ring design on the building’s exterior is inspired by the logo of Expo 2020, which is to be hosted in Dubai.
Quick facts about Dubai Frame
- The Dubai Frame was constructed using 2000 tons of steel and 2,900 sqm of laminated glass.
- It flaunts 15,000 sqm of gold cladding.
- The construction of Dubai Frame began way back in 2013 and the project is said to have undergone a 3 year delay.
- They are expecting a tourist footfall of 2 million people in 2018.
- The Dubai Frame Projects costed Dhs 160 million.
Dubai Frame Location
Fernando Donis, the architect says that there is a strategic reasoning behind Dubai Frame's location. Zabeel Park, one of Dubai’s oldest parks is set right in the middle of Dubai’s pearl-diving beginnings and glitzy urban cityscape. Since, the purpose of the frame is to give visitors a glimpse to the humble past and ambitious future while standing in its megalopolis present, no location serves the purpose better than Zabeel Park. In a similar vein, being close to the Dubai Creek allows visitors to enjoy aerial views of the abras on the water, a distant glimpse of the Arabian Gulf and other such sharp details.
To see or not to see?
Since it is one of the latest additions to Dubai's kitty of attractions, Tripadvisor's not so conducive reviews, may confuse you whether to add the Dubai Frame to your bucket list or not. Well, here's our take on your Dubai Frame Experience. We'll take you through what to expect inside Dubai Frame and hopefully by the end of it you’ll have better clarity on what the whole Dubai Frame hype is and whether its worth your time and money
Dubai Frame Ticket Price
Dubai Frame Tickets - Admission Tickets
The Dubai Frame Ticket Prices are quite economical compared to other attractions around Dubai.
- Adults ( 13-59 years ) - AED 50
- Child ( 3-12 years ) - AED 30
- Senior citizens ( above 60 years ) - Free
- Child below 3 years - Free
Dubai Frame - Skip the Line Tickets
Take in stunning views of Dubai in a picture perfect frame and enjoy breathtaking views of the exorbitant skyline the city is world famous for. Go to the top and get stunning panoramic views of the waters down below.
• Dubai Frame Entry
• Access to all parts of Dubai Frame
• Experience views of the old and new Dubai through a completely new lens by visiting the Dubai Frame, Dubai’s newest and most exciting architectural marvel.
Dubai Frame Tickets with Hotel Transfers
Dubai Frame Ticket Prices along with Transfers is slightly more, but a definite luxury and highly recommended if you prefer private transfers from your hotel. Transfer inclusive tickets can come handy if your hotel is far from the Dubai Frame and if you're traveling with kids which makes the travel tedious.
- Adults ( above 10 years ) - AED 200
- Child ( 3-10 years) - AED 180
Dubai Frame Combo Deals
If you're planning to hit up other attractions in Dubai, why not check out these combo deals that will save you a few dirhams!
Dubai Frame + Burj Khalifa: At the Top (Level 124 & 125)
Head up in the fastest elevators in the world to the 124th floor of the Burj Khalifa to enjoy eye-catching views of Dubai from the tallest observation deck in the world. Make your way to Dubai Frame and enjoy breathtaking views of the exorbitant skyline the city is world famous for.
• Anytime Entry to 124th and 125th Floor of the Burj Khalifa during non-peak hours before 30th September, 2019
• 10% Discount at the souvenir shops of the attraction
• 10% Discount at "The Cafe", located on the ground floor of the attraction • Timed entry to Dubai Frame
Dubai City Tour + Dubai Frame Entry
Enjoy a half day journey through the Middle East’s crown jewel and stop at some of the most fascinating destinations that this city has to offer. Finish up your tour in a picture perfect frame and enjoy breathtaking views of the exorbitant skyline the city is world famous for.
• Half day tour of Dubai with transfers from 5 designated stops.
• Entry to the Dubai Frame
• Entry to the Dubai Museum.
Dubai Frame Inside Experience Deconstructed
The Dubai Frame exposes you to the past, present and future of Dubai during the course of its tour. Here's a short virtual tour of what you can expect at the Dubai Frame
Slip into the past
Your stint with Dubai Frame begins from the mezzanine wherein you will walk through a museum cum gallery that takes you through Dubai’s humble beginnings as a Bedouin fishing village .The ‘Past Dubai Gallery’ takes you through an absorbent journey with astounding exhibits, projections, AV presentations and specially fabricated scents and mists , the museum tells the story of the city’s origin, detailing its evolution to the global microcosm it has grown to. This experience stays with you long after you step out of here and sets the right mood for your journey to the top of the Frame.
Sweeping Panoramic Views
A glass elevator will then swoosh you up 48 floors in 75 seconds and take you to the viewing gallery on top from where you can feast your eyes on consumingly beautiful views. Your ride up in the elevator is an experience by itself because the glass panels allow you to watch the views unfurl as you make your way up. This colossal structure offers two strikingly different perspectives to the city. To the South lies Downtown Dubai with its skyscrapers and glitzy skyline with famous landmarks like Burj Khalifa, Emirates Tower and other feats of urban engineering showcasing Dubai’s modern outfit. To the North you will see the low rises of Deira, Karama and Umm Harare drenched in the traditional roots of the city safeguarded by pearl diving merchants, the city’s age old souk and the abra studded Dubai Creek. The entirety of Dubai’s transmuting landscape spread out in all its glory will leave you awestruck and a tad bit more in love with the city.
Popular Dubai Frame Tickets
Tiptoe on a Glass Bridge
Yet again a first of its kind in the Middle East, the Dubai Frame boasts a state of the art 25 sqm glass bridge connecting the two towers of the frame. As long as you’re not acrophobic, you will savour walking on this glass bottomed sky deck that gives you the feeling of walking on thin air. This Glass Bridge looks like frosted glass until you lay your feet on it. The minute you step on it, the mistiness clears up unveiling the jaw dropping views of Zabeel Park and the rest of Dubai below your feet! Though it sounds scary, 10 steps onto the sky deck, you’ll be up for a summersault! If you’re an acrophobic, here’s something to lure you - The glass is crack proof and made of the best quality glass hence falling is out of question. Let go of your fears and walk above Dubai.
Whiz into the future
After walking on the Glass Bridge, make your way back to the mezzanine for the last leg of your Dubai Frame journey and travel through time to the future! Sounds exciting right? Another immersive gallery called the ‘Future Dubai Gallery’ awaits you to take you through a futuristic journey with the help of a Vortex tunnel. This tunnel enhanced with AR technology , special audio and visual effects gives you a feel of being encapsulated in a time machine and landing in a version of Dubai 50 years from now. The idea is to create an illusion of time, travel through a warp swirl and arrive into Dubai in 2050
The Dubai Frame has 2 tiny kiosks on the top selling sinful sweets - Godiva Chocolates and a Japanese bakery named Yamanote Atelier. They say chocolates are the perfect companions for views from such heights! At the exit you have the Dubai Frame souvenir shop from where you can pick up classy merchandise like mugs, t-shirts , caps and keychains emblazoned with the Dubai Frame icon.
Best time to visit Dubai Frame
For a true blue Dubai Frame affair, the ideal time for visit would be around sunset. The golden rays of the sun reflecting off the glass frame with intricate gold designs combined with an urban panorama is sheer phenomenal!. Check the sunset timings for the day you are looking to visit and book tickets accordingly. Be warned, many people seek to visit this mesmerising sight at the very same time, so book your tickets online in advance to make sure you are amongst the 200 allowed during the sunset hours.
Those looking for a starlight view, plan a night visit. After dusk, Dubai in its sparkling glory is equally breathtaking. Though you may not have the sharpest of views at night, it is a worthy bargain.
Popular Dubai Frame Tickets
Know Before You Visit The Dubai Frame
Dubai Frame Timings
The Dubai Frame is open daily from 9:00 AM to 8:30 PM
Dubai Frame Location
The Exact Dubai Frame Location is - Al Kifaf, Zabeel Park Gate #4, Dubai
You can find the Dubai Frame on Google Maps for easy directions from your location.
Reaching Dubai Frame
- By Metro: Take the Red Line to Al Jafiliya Metro Station and walk towards Gate 4 AKA Star Gate of Zabeel Park.
- By Bus: You can use Moovit to find the best possible bus route to Dubai Frame.
- By Car: Feed in Zabeel Park Gate One on your GPS to reach the public parking near Zabeel Park. From here, Gate 4 AKA Star Gate is a short walk away.
Visitor Tips for Dubai Frame
- Only 200 visitors are allowed per hour at the Dubai Frame. It is advised to reach atleast an hour early in order to keep ample buffer for purchasing tickets.
- Individual tours allow a maximum of 20 people at a time.
- The Dubai Frame is included in the iVenture Dubai Unlimited Attractions Pass and the iVenture Dubai Select Pass. If you've purchased any of the two, you just need to book a slot for the time you'd like to enter the Dubai Frame and walk in. If you want to know more about the Dubai iVenture passes, head here.
- Luggage and large bags are not allowed inside the Dubai Frame. You will required to deposit these at a locker during the period of your visit.
- Strollers are not allowed inside the Dubai Frame. Parents with children are required to deposit the strollers at the entrance and carry their child during the course of the visit should need be. Strollers can damage the glass, hence this rule is to be strictly abided.
- Photography is strictly prohibited in both the galleries. Other parts of the Dubai Frame permits photography.
Other Attractions Near Dubai Frame
While you're in the vicinity, plan your day such that you hit up other attractions around the Dubai Frame. Here's a list of the top 4 attractions near the Dubai Frame.