Dubai is the second largest emirate, with over 3.33 million residents. It is a land of dreams and fantasies where visitors come to experience nothing but the absolute best. The city strives to excel and constantly challenges itself to become bigger and better than before. On one end you get to see the groundbreaking skyscrapers such as the Burj Khalifa, Dubai Frame, and the Burj Al Arab. On the other end, the city will not fail to capture your attention through its natural beauty with places like Zabeel Park and the Miracle Garden that incorporates over 100 million plants along with housing the Dubai Butterfly Garden that features 15,000 of them.
At Dubai Butterfly Garden, you will get to experience a whole new level of paradise as you make your way to witness the fluttering butterflies. It is located in an indoor setting, where guests can gain access through various domes to discover close to 50 species, each with its unique shape, colour, and features. Through the Butterfly Museum and Educational Area located within the venue, visitors can now gain an in-depth understanding of the advancement of butterflies at each stage, making it the best place to visit with kids.
Dubai's winter season, which is between November to March, would be the ideal time to plan your visit to the venue. It is highly recommended to arrive early mornings or late evenings to avoid a large crowd, enabling you to spend more time with your family and friends at the park.
Why Visit Dubai Butterfly Garden
Situated within the Miracle Garden, between 50 million flowers, is the Dubai Butterfly Garden. Opened in 2015, it has been attracting numerous visitors every day. By introducing over 15,000 butterflies from 50 species, it stands out for being the world’s largest (and the region’s first indoor) butterfly garden till date. The attraction gives visitors a chance to learn about and discover different types of butterflies, and get a glimpse into their world within their natural setting.Image Courtesy: Balou46, Wikimedia Commons
Explore the venue by walking through the indoor garden that has about ten domes maintained in a climate-controlled environment. Here, you will get to see varieties of butterflies in different shapes, sizes, and colours flying around right before your eyes, thus promising to deliver a magical time. Don’t miss out the Butterfly Museum, Educational Area, and the Koi Pond, which are some of the top attractions that one must visit, giving you a complete experience of the Dubai Butterfly Garden.
Dubai Miracle Garden
Opened on 14 February 2013, the Dubai Miracle Garden is spread across 72,000 square meters of land, making it the world’s largest natural flower garden. Set in the heart of Dubailand, the park houses Dubai Butterfly Garden, along with a unique series of breathtaking displays such as the Emirates A380, Mickey Mouse, Big Teddy Bear, and the Hearts Passage, featuring close to 250 million types of plants.
With a constant effort to be the best and challenge itself, the Dubai Miracle Garden aims at using its space innovatively by creating groundbreaking structures, thus giving visitors a treat. The flowers are maintained by reusing treated wastewater through drip irrigation, with an average of 757,082 litres of water used each day. An estimated AED 40 million (US$11 million) was spent in building this masterpiece, which was later awarded the Moselle Award for New Garden Experiences of the year in April 2015, making it one of the top places to visit in Dubai.
The venue is currently open to visitors, and you can get your Dubai Miracle Garden Tickets here.
Miracle Gardens With Transfers From Dubai
- Visit the world’s largest floral garden, which features millions of flowers in intricate settings.
- Admire the various sculptures made with flowers that are pleasing to the eye, including the largest floral arrangement in the form of a life-sized A380 Airbus.
- Check out the precise reconstructions of many famous monuments such as the Eiffel Tower and Burj Khalifa.
Must-See at Dubai Butterfly Garden
Discover Dubai Butterfly Garden’s world-class handcrafted designs created out of thousands of butterflies. Here, you will get to see a unique collection of butterflies gathered from different parts of the globe, featuring beautifully sculpted images, pillars and so much more.
Decorated with beaded curtains, the dome is kept at a temperature of 24°C and is richly covered with flowers and plants. A lush image is set right before your eyes with trailing ivy hanging from the ceiling along with a wide range of foliage lined at every path. As you go further in, you’ll be welcomed with colourful butterflies flying across the venue, chasing each other around the dome.
Find out all about the life cycle of butterflies from the pupal stage to its adulthood in the Education area. Here, you will get an insight into the process of metamorphosis, and learn new facts about different species of butterflies such as the White Angled-Sulphur, Monarch, Red Rim, African Queen, Tailed Jay, and more.
The Koi Pond, situated in Dome 2 at the Butterfly Garden, is abundant with Koi fish in various sizes and is an ideal place to relax and get some great pictures. Enjoy the soothing sound of the running water whilst listening to the birds chirping in the indoor space.
Sign up for our monthly newsletter
Your dose of travel fix - from hacks and deals to travel tips and everything in between, delivered monthly to your inbox
Dubai Butterfly Garden - Practical Information
Opening Date 2020
Dubai Miracle Garden reopened its doors to the public on November 1, 2020. However, the Butterfly Garden continues to be closed until further notice.
Dubai Butterfly Garden Timings
Dubai Butterfly Garden is open throughout the week between 9 AM to 6 PM. It is open to visitors throughout the year, including on public holidays.
Getting to Dubai Miracle Garden
- By Metro: Mall of Emirates Station is the closest stop, right next to the park. You can use the red line to reach this destination following which, it's a 15 - 20 minute cab/car ride to the garden.
- By Bus: You can take RTA Bus No. 105 which will take you directly to the Dubai Butterfly Garden within 15-20 minutes at a cost of 5 Dirhams only. You can also take a Dubai Sightseeing Bus, which will drop you directly at Dubai Miracle Garden. Ensure you check the route before you purchase tickets to the same.
- By Car: You reach the park by taking the Al Barsha South 3 route. The park has also expanded its parking facilities accommodating close to 2,000 cars each day.
From Abu Dhabi
- By Bus: Visitors can travel by taking the bus number E101 from Abu Dhabi, central bus station which will drop you at the Ibn Battuta Metro Bus Stop from where it's a 20-minute drive to the park.
- By Car: It takes approximately 1 hour 20 minutes to reach the Dubai Butterfly Garden from Abu Dhabi covering a total of 130 km. Cab services can be easily availed to make a direct visit to the park.
The venue has over 30 food and beverage stores ranging from coffee shops and candy stores to serving freshly prepared fresh juices and snacks. Enjoy your visit by indulging in some delightful refreshments as you stroll through the park with your family and friends.
Know Before You Go
- Dubai Butterfly Garden tickets are available at 55 AED for adults and children above the age of 3. People of Determination and children below 3 years old can enter free of charge.
- Unlike Dubai Miracle Garden, which is closed during summers for maintenance, Butterfly Garden is open throughout the year. However, the best time to visit is between November and March, when the weather is pleasant enough to enjoy the outdoor facilities.
- Visitors are not allowed to bring in food and drinks inside the garden.
- All guests are responsible for their own personal belongings and are requested to not leave them unattended.
- Considering that Dubai Butterfly Garden is an eco-friendly place, all guests are requested to keep its surroundings clean by not littering any common area.
- Since butterflies like to rest on leaves and pathways, guests need to be extra careful while walking around the park.
- Guests are requested to not touch the butterfly wings or disturb them in any manner.
- Visitors are not allowed to cross any restricted areas to avoid potential damages.
Dubai Butterfly Garden: Frequently Asked Questions
While you can purchase tickets directly at the entrance of Dubai Miracle Garden, it is suggested to make your reservation online to avoid overcrowding at the venue.
Adults and children aged 3 years and above are required to pay a total of 55 AED to enter the Dubai Butterfly Garden. People of Determination and children below 3 years old can enter free of charge.
November to March is the best time to plan your visit to the Dubai Butterfly Garden. Early morning entry during weekdays is ideal to avoid a large crowd.
The Butterfly Garden is situated within the Miracle Garden and is just a few minutes away from the main entrance.
Yes, Dubai Miracle Garden and the Dubai Butterfly Garden, by extension, are disabled friendly. They also provide carts for handicapped visitors.
It is highly recommended to wear something that is lightweight and comfortable. Walking shoes, sunglasses, cap/hat can also come in handy to experience a seamless visit.
Unfortunately, Butterfly Dubai does not have a cloakroom service because of which all guests are advised to carry light when arriving at the venue.
Visitors are allowed to take photos, however, please ask the staff for assistance.
Yes, there are coffee shops, food kiosks, and candy stores situated within the garden that visitors can try out.
The facilities at the garden include a parking area, prayer room, souvenir shops, toilets, a first aid room, and a car hire service.
Dubai Butterfly Garden Reviews
Well it didn't take long at the Garden to to get in the mood for butterflies. Read other reviews & you'll get an idea what this experience is like. But in the midst of all these butterflies it's SO much fun to watch everyone being chased by butterflies - or maybe chasing them. To watch big, grown men turn into little kids as they gaze tenderly at a butterfly that has just landed will put a smile on your face.
So many living in desert environments might never get the chance to see something like this....so, thank you.
Also close to Miracle Garden or Global Village where we went after.
— plen2017 (Brandon), February 2020, Tripadvisor
This is one place which lags on being in the to-do-list of every visitor, everyone covers Miracle Garden and give it a Miss BUT this is one place which kids enjoy the most. This is the place which offers you plenty of time with butterflies of various species around. Kids were allowed to pick up butterflies through their legs which kept them so much involved and mesmerized. If there was one place which they wanted to visit again in Dubai , then it was butterfly park. Please do visit it if you are travelling with kids. It will take less then 2 hours to cover this park.
— Mohit29, February 2020, Tripadvisor
Read more Dubai Butterfly Garden Reviews on Tripadvisor and know what other visitors have to say about this incredible attraction.