Singapore is a city of limitless possibilities, where humans have endeavoured to create a delicate balance of man and nature. Its glittering skyline is an ode to the city’s innovation; from the exotic natural world of the Gardens by Bay to the Giant Singapore Flyer. One of the city's man-made marvels include the Marina Sands Bay - an awe-inspiring destination where visitors can enjoy the best of entertainment and culture. While you're in Marina Bay Sands, there's a must visit attraction that will blow your imagination and horizons multifold - the Art Science Museum Singapore. Before visiting the Art Science Museum, here's all you need to know about it.
Quick Jumplinks to Navigate the Guide
- What is the Art Science Museum Singapore?
- Art Science Museum Exhibition
- Future World Exhibition
- Art Science Museum Singapore Tickets
- Art Science Museum Singapore - Practical Information
- Tips for Visiting the Art Science Museum
- Art Science Museum Singapore Review
- Other things to do in Marina Bay Singapore
What is the Art Science Museum Singapore?
The Art Science Museum at the Marina Sands Bay has emerged as a marvellous landmark both with its unique architecture and with the exclusive exhibitions within. The 5,000 sqm lotus-inspired building holds 21 naturally-lit gallery spaces where exhibitions bring together art, science, culture and technology.
Art Science Museum Singapore Exhibitions
The Art Science Museum Exhibitions are always changing and evolving, keeping up with the trends in the art and science world. Currently, the museum has four exhibitions including the permanent exhibition – Future World: Where Art Meets Science.
Among the most popular of the museum’s exhibitions is the ‘Marvel Studios: Ten Years of heroes’ which explores the world of Marvel on its tenth anniversary. From the world of Black Panther to Avengers, visitors get a peek into the stories and creation of these beloved superheroes.
The ‘Wind Walkers: Theo Jansen’s Strandbeests’ is undoubtedly the most fascinating exhibition at the Art Science Museum Singapore. Visitors can watch human-made beasts made of plastic literally walk in front of them. Created as functional machines, these beasts are a unique mix of art, engineering and locomotion.
Visitors can rebuild virtual rainforests and experience the vagaries of deforestation and climate change in the latest exhibition ‘Into the Wild: An Immersive Virtual Adventure’. But that’s not all; you get a chance to translate this into real-life change by making a pledge with WWF for planting a real tree in Indonesia!
Click to view the latest exhibitions running in Art Science Museum
Art Science Museum Singapore - Future World Exhibition
Sight, Touch and Sound, these senses come alive in an extraordinary high-tech interactive experience at the Art Science Museum Singapore Future World exhibition. The permanent exhibition is an immersive experience and takes visitors on a journey through five environments – Nature, Town, Sanctuary, Park and Space.
The exhibition has been newly revamped on September 1 with exciting new installations added to the existing artworks. It brings together elements of art, science, technology, story-telling, and just that little bit of magic. The exhibition allows visitors to engage with the five environments which are symbolic of their real world. It attempts to showcase how human interaction changes the environment even with the slightest action, not just in the high-tech world of the exhibition but even on planet earth.
The exhibition installations use LED lights, touch-screens and surround sound to create a complete 360-degree immersive experience. Each of the environments has multiple installations, and some of the best ones include – Sliding through the Fruit Field (Nature), Sketch Town (Town), and the Crystal Universe (Space). Children especially love the interactive nature of the exhibition and learn by touching, clicking and moving the installations.
Art Science Museum Singapore Tickets
The Art Science Museum Singapore Tickets are easily available online and can be purchased in 3 simple clicks.
Art Science Museum Singapore - Practical Information
Art Science Museum Opening Hours
- The museum is open on all days from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM, with last entry at 6:00 PM
- The museum is also open on public holidays.
Directions to Art Science Museum
The Art Science Museum Singapore is located on the North Promenade of the Marina Sands Bay.
- By MRT
- By Bus
- By Car
The CE1/DT16 Bayfront Station is the right Art Science Museum Singapore MRT Station, as it is linked directly to Marina Sands Bay. Take the exit C or D and the museum is a ten-minute walk away.
The closest bus stop to the Art Science Museum Singapore is the 03501 Marina Bay Sands Theatre Bus Stop. The bus numbers – 97, 106, 518, 133 and 502 - service the bus stop every day.
The closest Art Science Museum Singapore Parking is at the North Car Park, with the entrance at Bayfront Avenue near the Sands Theatre.
Art Science Museum Singapore Parking Fees
• Complimentary Self-parking from Monday to Thursday, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM, except on public holidays
• Self-park for free when you spend S$100 or more at the Museum Shop and Box Office
Tips for Visiting the Art Science Museum Singapore
- The tickets bought online can be redeemed at the B2 Concierge at the Shoppe at the Marina Bay Sands
- The Future World Exhibition is open for visitors only at six times during the day – 10:00 AM, 11:30 AM, 1:00 PM, 2:30 PM, 4:00 PM and 5:30 PM. It is advised to be there at least half hour prior to these timings to gain entry. Usually, you will encounter long lines at the entrance.
- The best time to visit is during the morning time slots as the museum will be less crowded and an you can spend more time interacting with the Future World installations.
- The museum is kid-friendly and every Friday, on every purchase of one adult Art Science Museum Singapore tickets up to four children below the age of 12 are admitted for free.
- The Art Science Museum Singapore Price is cheaper for Singapore Residents and Students and there will be random checks at any time. Hence, it is suggested to keep an ID on you at all times inside the museum.
- Photography is allowed inside the museum but the installations are dark with LED lighting, keep that in mind while choosing your camera.
Art Science Museum Singapore Review
Visited it spontaneously after seeing advertisements for the 10 year Marvel exhibition. Saw two different exhibitions there and both were fantastic - well thought out with lots of interactive possibilities. Ended up spending a lot more time there than I originally thought. Fantastic museum!
- LovesToTravelTTTT, September 2018
A good outing while in Singapore, especially if the weather is a bit off. This science museum is part of the Marina Bay sands shopping complex, so there is plenty to do around this area. We were lucky enough to see two diverse displays this month. One was the Marvel Studios ten years of hero’s , which was done very well and the other was the wind walkers by Theo Jansens strandbeest, which was totally fascinating and educational. Plenty in there for the kids to do as well. Well worth the visit.
- Glen W, August 2018
Other Things To Do In Marina Bay Singapore
The Marina Bay Sands Hotel & Casino is a resort of the highest echelon. This resort offers a whole lot of things to do, so after you complete your Art Science Museum visit, make sure to pop by a few of these.