Think Dubai and what immediately comes to mind are superlatives: tallest, largest, biggest, longest, fastest, and the like. Also, Dubai happens to be a business hub, party-destination, a shopper’s paradise, a tourist haven, and the place-to-be for connoisseurs. In short, it is everything a tourist would want, rolled into one. What’s so great about Dubai is its rapid development in such a short period (just a few decades). From a sheer desert region to a bustling cosmopolitan city, Dubai’s transition was quick and remarkable. It keeps astonishing both its residents and tourists with attractions, tours, and experiences that no other city in the world can offer. This is also one of the reasons why tourists love flocking to the ‘City of Gold’. New projects are not at all a surprise in Dubai and the constant endeavor to remain one of the top tourist spots in the world is worth every bit of appreciation that the city receives. The Palm Jumeirah is one of the key spots that everyone touring Dubai loves paying a visit to. Let’s discuss in detail, one of the most exciting attractions which is due to open soon at the Palm Jumeirah in Dubai.
About Nakheel Mall
The upcoming centerpiece of the world-famous Palm Jumeirah, Nakheel Mall has been inspired by the concept of luxury and looks set to become Dubai’s most elite lifestyle dining, shopping, and entertainment destination. The following are the mall’s highlights:
- 4.5 million sq. ft. retail, dining, and entertainment destination in the heart of Palm Jumeirah.
- Five levels of retail space with 350 shops, eateries, and leisure attractions.
- Roof plaza with a fine-dining option offering dazzling views of Palm Jumeirah, Arabian Gulf, and the Dubai skyline.
- Three underground parking levels, with nearly 4,000 parking spaces.
- Situated next to The Palm Tower and accessible via The Palm Monorail and reasonably close to the Dubai Tram and Dubai Metro.
About The Palm Tower
The Palm Tower is a massive 52-floor hotel and residential complex on the Palm Jumeirah, located next to Nakheel Mall. Residents and visitors of the tower enjoy direct access to the mall apart from the island’s exotic beach clubs, including Nakheel’s Club Vista Mare and Palm West Beach projects. The highlights are listed below:
- Mixed-use building spanning 52 stories, the first of its kind in the Palm Jumeirah.
- 432 luxury residences along with a 290-room five-star hotel featuring splendid choices in dining and leisure facilities including a restaurant, an infinity pool, and a viewing deck (a.k.a The View).
- St. Regis Dubai - The Palm, a luxury hotel, will take up the first 18 floors of the building.
- The Palm Tower residences comprise fully-furnished apartments (studios to 3 BHKs) with unmatched views of Palm Jumeirah, the Dubai skyline, and the Arabian Gulf.
The View at The Palm Jumeirah Dubai | The Palm Tower
As mentioned earlier, The Palm Jumeirah is considered to be the crown jewel of Dubai and its limitless ambitions. The Nakheel Group, the pioneers behind envisioning the new and improvised look of the Palm Jumeirah, is taking the opportunity to offer visitors a unique and awe-inspiring panoramic view of these islands. The View at the Palm aspires to be the world’s premier observation deck, giving visitors a world-class experience that educates and inspires, in addition to celebrating the mind-blowing achievements behind the creation of the Palm Jumeirah.
Location: 55th Floor of St. Regis Hotel at Palm Jumeirah
Launch: Q4 2020
The View at The Palm Jumeirah Dubai | Salient Features
- The Only Panoramic View: The View boasts the unique vantage point from where one can see the Palm Jumeirah in its entirety. Also, one will be able to see the complete Dubai skyline in a single view from the observation deck.
- A High-Value Experience: The View offers an enriching experience that is sure to exceed the expectations of visitors while staying within strictly affordable price limits. As such, it hopes to become a great value-for-money experience.
- Smart Edu-tainment: The Palm Jumeirah is in itself a marvelous architectural feat. When you visit The View, you’ll get to learn various stories on the technicalities of this engineering wonder that touch upon all senses.
- Exclusive Events: The observation deck will function both as an attraction as well as a space for private events owing to its flexible space. One can host private birthday parties, conferences, corporate and community events, and even fashion shows based on requirements.
- Extreme Thrills: One of the major attractions while visiting The View would be the Palm Jumeirah zip-line, touted to be the longest in Dubai when completed. Yes, it would literally amount to flying over the Palm Jumeirah offering the best views.
While you're in Dubai and The View at the Palm still hasn't opened, you can check out an equally enjoyable attraction - The Dubai Frame. Choose your pick from the ones below.
The View at The Palm | The Palm Tower | Exhibits
Aside from the Observatory, The View will also expect to comprise a courtyard for visitors to roam about, a cafe offering delicious treats, fully immersive portals, and theatrical experiences, along with an array of interesting exhibits. Here are the available details on the five exhibits that we expect to see at The View:
1. Building The Reef
Sustainability was the central aspect that the ruler of Dubai was keen on, even while building new artificial reefs to shift the underwater environment. Also, existing reefs were moved from the path of a shipping channel to the tranquil waters surrounding the Palm Jumeirah.
2. Wonder Of The Universe
Palm Jumeirah has undoubtedly changed the landscape of the Dubai coastline and also, its economy. You’d be surprised to learn that the Palm Jumeirah can be viewed alongside other wonders of the world such as the Pyramids, the Berlin Wall, and the Great Wall of China.
3. Shaping The Palm Jumeirah
With the help of cutting edge GIS technology, the island was shaped to look like a palm tree. A super-powered satellite, positioned 676 km away in space, oversaw the directions of rainbowing boats that assured the accuracy of shape.
4. Solidifying The Foundation
When the idea is to create an artificial island, there are pertinent risks involved in the form of earthquakes which might result in complete sinking. To counter this danger, sand compacting technology was employed to stabilize the surface and make it ready for construction purposes.
5. Protecting The Palm Jumeirah
This exhibit covers the enormous efforts put in by engineers in performing hard-to-execute calculations and coming to effective conclusions regarding storm strength, tidal surges, wave elevation, and rising sea levels while designing a defensive breakwater.
The process of creating the island also involved dredging a large amount of sand off the ocean floor and spraying it into place.
The View at the Palm is set to open in late November or early December of 2019. In the meantime, you can check out the iconic landmark of Dubai - The Burj Khalifa, in case you haven't already.
The View | The Palm Tower | Viewing Deck & Other Experiences
The Viewing Deck offers immense photo-ops along with unbeatable views of the Palm Jumeirah and the Dubai skyline. There is a movable glass partition that separates the indoors from the outdoors. Additionally, a VIP lounge which functions as a comfortable event/private space, with five-star hospitality, snacks and refreshments, speedy services, and a green room facility. Head to Nakheel Mall next door if you’re in the mood for retail therapy.
The View | The Palm Tower | Location
- The Palm Tower is directly connected to Nakheel Mall.
- The tower is just a couple of minutes away from Palm Jumeirah beaches and marinas.
- Located just 5-7 minutes from Sheikh Zayed Road, the Palm Tower is positioned 35 minutes away from Dubai International Airport and the Expo 2020 site.
- It lies sufficiently close to Dubai's key business districts and leisure attractions.
The ideal way to get to The Palm Tower presently would be a self-driven vehicle or a taxi. There are no direct bus routes available to this area. While the Palm Monorail is not directly connected to the Dubai Metro, the Dubai Tram can help you connect to it via the Jumeirah Lakes Towers or Dubai Marina tram stations. The Palm Monorail is expected to have stations at Nakheel Mall as well as The Pointe when their construction is complete and they’re opened to the public.
Other Upcoming Projects | The Pointe
Another soon-to-be stellar retail and entertainment hotspot at the tip of the Palm Jumeirah, The Pointe will position itself just across the bay from Atlantis The Palm. The highlights of The Pointe are given below:
- 1.4 million sq. ft. waterfront retail, dining, and entertainment complex at a superb location.
- The waterfront venue will showcase spectacular fountain shows, a charming promenade and a large variety of options when it comes to shopping, dining, and socializing.
- A 1.5 km promenade featuring over 100 restaurants and retail outlets for an excellent seafront dining and shopping experience.
- A 1,600 space car-park to support the influx of visitors.
- The Pointe will be accessible via The Palm Monorail which is connected via Dubai Tram and Dubai Metro stations.
Explore Dubai Attractions
If you have ample time at your disposal, you can explore Dubai attractions on your vacation and make the most of your trip. Here’s everything you can explore on your next visit to Dubai! From Burj Khalifa to IMG Worlds of Adventure, we’ve got tickets for everything covered at heavily discounted rates.
To explore top things to do in Dubai, click here.