The Shubert Theater, located at 225 West 44th Street in Midtown Manhattan, is one of the oldest and most recognizable theatres in the Broadway community. The theatre is adjacent to Booth Theater and both theatres share a Venetian Renaissance facade while the interiors are starkly different. The sophisticated interior of the Shubert is exhibited with intricate plasterwork and a sequence of panels painted with a theatrical-theme. There’s also an apartment above the theatre’s office, which is currently being used as the office for the Shubert Organisation. In its century-long existence, Shubert Theater has hosted a plethora of iconic productions including The Merchant of Venice, Bye Bye Birdie, Promises, Promises, A Chorus Line, Chicago, Gypsy, and Matilda the Musical.
Presently, Shubert Theater is playing host to the 2017 revival of Broadway classic, Hello, Dolly! Starring the resplendent Bette Midler, who ends her glorious run on 14th January 2018 with legendary Broadway star Bernadette Peters taking over. The show has been a mega hit with both audiences and critics with four Tony wins, making it one of the certifiable must-watch shows of the current Broadway season.
If you’re looking to catch Hello, Dolly!, our Shubert Theater seating chart has all the information you could possibly need.
Address: 225 West 44th Street, New York, NY 10036
Seating Capacity: 1502
Orchestra : 700
Mezzanine : 410
Balcony : 350
Boxes : 16
Standing Room : 26
Check out the Shubert Theatre Seating Chart here.
Playing At The Shubert Theatre
“Dolly is back where she belongs and so, for her fans, is Bette Midler.”
– The New York Times
Directed by four-time Tony award winner Jerry Zaks, Michael Stewart’s masterpiece, Hello, Dolly!, returns to Broadway more than fifty years after its first production. Featuring an outstanding performance from Bette Midler, witness her impeccable portrayal as the lovable matchmaker, Dolly Levi.
A heartwarming and entertaining story about an outspoken matchmaker, follow Dolly in her attempt to find the perfect match for grumpy "half-a-millionaire" Horace Vandergelder. All seems to be right on track - that is, until Dolly finds herself falling for Vandergelder. What ensues is a whole lot of drama and some serious scheming. Can Dolly pull off winning her dream man? Find out in this charming revival.
Bette Midler as Dolly Levi
David Hyde Pierce as Horace Vandergelder
Gavin Creel as Cornelius Hack
Kate Baldwin as Irene Molloy
Taylor Trensch as Barnaby Tucker
Monday - Closed
Tuesday & Thursday - 7:00 PM
Wednesday and Saturday - 2:00 PM & 8:00 PM
Friday - 8:00 PM
Sunday - 2:00 PM
These timings may be subject to change during the holiday period. Click here to check out the real-time seat availability and pricing for the Booth Theatre.
2 hour 40 minutes, with one intermission
Shubert Theatre - 2018 Calendar
Orchestra: Seating is accessible to all parts of the orchestra without steps. There are no steps to the designated wheelchair seating location.
Mezzanine: Located on the 2nd level, up 2 flights of stairs, which is 34 steps in total. Entrance to mezzanine is behind row K.
Mezzanine: Located on the 3rd level, up 3 flights of stairs, which is 56 steps, from the orchestra. On the mezzanine and balcony level, there are approximately 2 steps per row. Entrance to balcony is behind row J.
Restroom: Restrooms are not wheelchair accessible. From the orchestra level, the restroom is located down 1 flight of stairs (20 steps). Additional restrooms are also located on the mezzanine and balcony levels. Wheelchair accessible restrooms are located at Sardi's Restaurant (4th floor, accessible via elevator) directly across the street.
Payphone: Located in the ticket lobby. Accessible at 54".
Water Fountain:Located in the ticket lobby.
Assistive Listening System: Reservations are not necessary. Drivers license or ID with printed address is required as a deposit. Please call: (212) 582-7678 to reserve in advance.
- The theatre is not completely wheelchair accessible and there no steps into the theatre from the sidewalk
- In the Orchestra section there are no steps to the designated wheelchair seating location
- Please note, once on the mezzanine Level there are approximately 2 steps up/down per row. The entrance to the mezzanine is behind Row K and entrance to Balcony is behind row J. .
- If you’re late for the show, you’ll be seated at the manager’s discretion.
- No outside food or beverage is allowed inside the Theatre.
- There are no escalators or elevators available in the Shubert Theatre, so please book your tickets accordingly to minimize the walking you’ll have to do.
The Shubert Theatre is located in one of the most popular New York localities, 225 West 44th Street in Midtown Manhattan!
You can either take NYC’s reliable public transport or bring in your car. If you’re travelling in your car, there are numerous paid parking spots close to the Cort Theater Some of the popular ones include 1411 Broadway, Manhattan Plaza Parking, Bright Management, and Impark.
The other option include buses and metro trains. Buses plying to Theatre District are M104, M42, M6, M10, and M27/50. If you wish to travel by subway, you can take the N, R, 1, and 9 train to 42nd Street and Times Square or the A, C, or E train to 42nd Street & 8th Avenue.
Restaurants near Booth Theatre
You can make your Broadway experience extra special with our hand-picked selection of the best restaurants near Shubert Theater. If you’re looking for an in-depth guide for food options in the Theatre District, we have got you covered. Looking for a quick bite before or after your Broadway show? Here our some of our favorite restaurants around the Booth Theatre:
1. Tony's Di Napoli: Bustling eatery serving big, shareable portions of Italian comfort food to the masses.
2. Meson Sevilla: Laid-back Spanish eatery serving up tapas, paella and sangria, as well as some Italian dishes.
3. Russian Samovar: A classy restaurant which serves pre-Theatre seafood and sushi served in a trendy setting with a glass-enclosed bar.
4. Blue Fin: A classy restaurant which serves pre-Theatre seafood and sushi served in a trendy setting with a glass-enclosed bar.
5. Osteria al Doge: Relaxed Spanish eatery serving up tapas, paella & sangria, as well as some Italian dishes.