Schoenfeld Theatre, currently playing the smash hit Come From Away, is one of the oldest performance arts stages in Broadway. This moderately sized theater has been home to many great musicals in the last century and is a distinguished part of the Shubert Organisation. If you’re planning on catching Come From Away, our Schoenfeld Theatre seating chart guide is here to help you find the best seats.
Come From Away, based on a true story, is about 38 planes landing in a Canadian town after the 9/11 attack. Showcasing the locals who do everything in their power to help the passengers, the show provides an emotional, uplifting experience.Also, here's a handy link to the seat availability and real time prices for different seats/dates for 'Come From Away' on Headout.
Great! Let’s begin our Schoenfeld Theatre seating chart guide.
30-Second Takeaway: Schoenfeld Theatre
- Originally named Plymouth Theater, Schoenfeld was rechristened in 2005 in honor of legendary playwright Gerald Schoenfeld.
- With a seating capacity of 1079, spread across the orchestra, mezzanine, box and standing row, Schoenfeld is a moderately sized theater.
- The orchestra section has 621 seats in total, with all seats between row AA to P providing a clean, unobstructed view of the stage.
- The elevated mezzanine is relatively smaller, with a seat count of 392. In this section, the best seats fall in the center of the first five rows (A-E).
- For a private theater viewing experience, the theater also houses 24 box seats in total, present on either side of the orchestra. Do note that the view is not the best from the box seats.
- The show, Come From Away doesn’t have an intermission so visit the restroom before the show begins.
- Come From Away is a smash hit and most performances run with a packed house and a theatre occupancy of more than 100%. If you’re planning on booking your tickets last minute, you won’t find good seats. You can check seat availability for different dates here.
- If you want the ability to select specific seats, you can pick specific seats for all Broadway shows and book your tickets up to 90 days in advance on Headout.
- Headout offers a best price guarantee , which means you can get the cheapest tickets for the hottest Broadway shows of the season.
Navigating The Schoenfeld Theatre Seating Chart
The Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre has a total seat count of 1079 across 2 primary sections - Orchestra (653 seats) and Mezzanine (392 seats) along with 24 seats at the box. Check out real-time availability and recommended seats on our Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre Seating Chart.
Schoenfeld Theatre - Come From Away Ticket Prices
Orchestra - $89.5 - 187
Mezzanine - $89 - $187
Boxe seats - $89
• Value for money seats
Rows K to P in Orchestra and middle mezzanine seats (rows E to G) are quite decent too .
• If money were no matter
Within this premium orchestra section, row B, which is the third row from the stage, is at the perfect distance from the stage.
• Best views of the stage
Orchestra - middle seats (105-110) of the front couple of rows (AA-B).
Front Mezzanine - Second in line are the front mezzanine rows A to D.
• Best Legroom
Row A in Orchestra, Row A in mezzanine and corner seats.
Which Seats Offer The Best View?
The best seats in Schoenfeld Theater are undeniably the middle seats (105-110) of the front couple of rows (AA-B). Within this premium section, row B, which is the third row from the stage, is at the perfect distance from the stage. Understandably, the ticket prices for these seats are also among the highest in the theater.
Second in line are the front mezzanine rows A to D. The middle seats in these rows also offer a great aerial view of the stage without any obstructions and are priced similarly, if not lower, to the premium orchestra seats.
Which seats/section offer the best value for money?
If you’re on a budget and need decent seats that don’t cost a bomb, we’ve your back. Typically, the middle rows of the middle orchestra section of any theatre tick the value of money box pretty well. That’s is the case with Schoenfeld Theatre as well and you can find relatively cheaper tickets for Come From Away in rows K to P.
The middle mezzanine seats (rows E to G) are quite decent too and offer great value for money.
Schoenfeld Theatre Orchestra
The orchestra section of Schoenfeld Theatre holds a total of 621 seats, making it the biggest seating section of the theater.
With 19 rows from AA to S, the orchestra section is further divided into three subsections, left orchestra, right orchestra, and center orchestra. The left orchestra seats are odd numbered, falling between 1-27, the center orchestra seats are subsequently numbered from 101 to 114, the right orchestra seats are even numbered in the range of 2-28.
Check out the real-time seat availability of the Orchestra section in the Schoenfeld Theatre.
Schoenfeld Theatre Mezzanine
The second and only elevated section in the Schoenfeld Theatre is the mezzanine. With a total seat count of 392, this section is considerably smaller than the orchestra. The section itself is divided into three subsections, just like the orchestra and has 10 rows in total from A to K.
Check out the real-time seat availability of the Mezzanine section in the Schoenfeld Theatre.
How Far In Advance Should You Book Come From Away Tickets?
Come From Away is a multiple Tony Awards winning show and the heartwarming story has been lapped up by audiences across all ages. This is evident from the over 100% occupancy rate the show has witnessed in the last few months. And with its recent Tony win, the show is only going to get more popular.
So how far in advance should you book your tickets for Come From Away? In our opinion, planning your visit to the Schoenfeld Theatre should be planned at least a month in advance. The good seats, premium orchestra and front mezzanine, might be available a month in advance, but they surely won’t wait around if you choose to book your tickets last minute.
Headout allows you to book seats up to 90 days in advance! Also, given the ability to select specific seats on Headout, you can always try your luck at last minute seats.
What Are The Best Options For Buying Come From Away Broadway Tickets?
You can go to the Schoenfeld Theatre box-office and physically collect your tickets, or wait in line and get discounted TKTS tickets for Come From Away.
Alternatively, you can check out Headout and get the best price on your Come From Away Broadway tickets! Headout, is an online concierge for wonderful experiences across the globe and more often than not prices on Headout will be cheaper than those on the official website.
The ticket booking process at Headout is quite easy. Select your seat, make your payment, and show up at the theater on the day of the experience!
How To Get To The Schoenfeld Theatre?
The Schoenfeld Theatre is located bang in the middle of the popular theater district and is very easy to reach. Located on 236 West 45th Street, you can find ample parking spots on 46th and 47th Streets between Broadway & 8th Avenue. There’s also additional parking available on 8th Avenue between 46th & 47th Street.
You can also take the subway, the bus or your own vehicle. The subway trains available are the 1, 9, C or E train to 50th Street or the N or R train to 49th Street. Some of the buses plying to theatre district are M104, M42, M6, M10, and M27/50.
What Are The Best Restaurants Near Schoenfeld Theatre?
Here're our top picks for best restaurants near Schoenfeld Theatre:
1. The Lamb's Club: This art-deco style restaurant, located in 132 West 44th Street, serves some of the best cocktails and steaks in New York.
2. Sardi’s: This iconic, continental diner is lined with caricatures of showbiz celebrities making it a hit with locals and tourists alike.
3. Carmine's: One of the most popular restaurants on Broadway, Carmine’s is your answer to home-style Italian food in New York.
4. Connolly's: A wood-paneled Irish pub, Connolly’s is your go to place for pub food and a beer in New York.
5. DB Bistro Moderne: Located in Theater District, Daniel Boulud’s Moderne serves modern French bistro cuisine with a touch of America.
If you're looking for more options, how about checking out our in-depth guide on restaurants in the Theater District. It has everything you're looking for. And more.
What do you need to know before you go to the Schoenfeld Theatre?
- The mezzanine overhang begins from row J and there might be minor obstructions in the view offered, so try and avoid orchestra seats after row J.
- There are no steps into the theatre from the sidewalk. All orchestra seating is accessible without steps. The mezzanine section is located up a flight of stairs with 31 steps.
- A wheelchair accessible restroom is located on the main level. Additional restrooms are located down 1 flight of stairs (20 steps) in the Lower Lounge.
- For patrons with hearing impairment, an assisted listening system is available.
- On the far sides of the mezzanine, you’ll have an angled view of the stage and some areas of the set may be blocked from view by the walls of the stage. For the most part, though, these seats offer a mostly complete view of the performance.
- There’s an in-house bar that serves alcoholic drinks and beverages. But the drinks are exorbitantly priced so buy them at your own discretion.
Buy Discounted Come From Away Tickets
Wondering how to score cheap and discounted Broadway tickets for Come From Away tickets? Get great last minute deals on Come From Away tickets on Headout, your one stop, on-demand mobile concierge.
Choose your show, select your seats, and show up at the theatre on the day of the experience. In the meantime, a Headout representative will take care of the legwork and meet you at the theatre before your show to hand-deliver your tickets.
Have further questions about the Schoenfeld Theatre seating chart? Need details about specific seats? We’ve got you. Leave a question in the comments section below and we’ll answer it for you.