The Radio City Music Hall is an entertainment venue located in Rockefeller Center that serves as the headquarters for NYC-based precision dancing company, The Rockettes. Located at 6th Avenue, Manhattan, Radio City Music Hall is a certified New York landmark and one of the most popular and recognised performance venues in the city.
Developed over the period from 1929 to 1940, the 12-acre complex of Radio City Music Hall was designed by architect Edward Durell Stone and interior designer Donald Deskey in the Art Deco style. Over the years, the venue has been used for everything from movie screenings, live tapings of TV shows, concerts, and even some sporting events. Since 1932, Radio City Music Hall has been home to The Rockettes, New York’s very own dance group that has been around for almost a decade.
This holiday season, join The Rockettes for their annual Christmas spectacular. The Radio City Christmas Spectacular is one of the most awaited holiday attractions and has been viewed by more than 75 million people since its official opening in 1933. The current edition of the spectacular is a combination of classic scenes such as the "Parade of the Wooden Soldiers" and "New York at Christmas" with the addition of new-age technology and 3-D projections.
If you’re planning on watching The Rockette’s Christmas Spectacular, here’s the Radio City Music Hall Seating Chart to help you find the best seats.
Christmas Spectacular Starring Radio City Rockettes
Opening Date: Nov 9, 2018
Closing Date: Jan 1, 2019
Navigating the Radio City Music Hall Seating Chart
Radio City Music Hall - Christmas Spectacular Ticket Prices
Starts from $32
Get $15 off on your tickets, use promo code BWAY2019
10% Cashback Extra
Radio City Music Hall Theatre - Recommended Seats
• Value for money seats
Middle rows and corner sections of both the orchestra and the mezzanine
• If money were no matter
Centre Front Orchestra and Centre front first Mezzanine
• Best views of the stage
Orchestra - opting for seats in row MM to ZZ instead
Mezzanince - centre sections of first mezzanince
• Best Legroom
Row A of Orchestra, row A of Mezzanine and corner seats.
Combo Offers with Christmas Spectacular Tickets.
Radio City Music Hall Orchestra
Massive doesn’t even begin to describe the The Radio City Music Hall orchestra section. This section is almost as big (in terms of number of seats) as all the other mezzanine sections combined and offers a uniformly good view of the stage.
The mezzanine subsection is divided into 7 subsections in the back half and 7 subjections in the first half, which are broken up by the aisle of both the left and right corners. Throughout the entire venue, seats with a lower seat number are on the right side of a section (when facing the stage). The good news is that even from the far sides, views from the orchestra section give a clear look at the performers on the Radio City Music Hall stage.
Check out the real-time seat availability of the Orchestra section in the Radio City Music Hall.
Radio City Music Hall Mezzanine
While the mezzanine is not one section, but three different ones on three different levels, the seating layout remains the same. The first mezzanine is immediately above the orchestra, with the overhang starting from row K. This section is followed by the second mezzanine on the second level and finally the third mezzanine on the top most floor.
The first mezzanine offers a similar view to the rear rows of the orchestra level. However, since this area has significantly fewer rows, there’s a lower chance of getting your view blocked by taller guests in front--a major plus for shorter patrons. Both the second and third mezzanine offer similarly good views of the stage, with the third mezzanine being the perfect location to enjoy a concert-type performance from.
Check out the real-time seat availability of the Mezzanine section in the Radio City Music Hall.
Which Seats Offer the Best View?
Your choice of the best seats in Radio City Music Hall depends on which event you are going to see. If you are going to see the Christmas Spectacular, we would recommend skipping the first 13 rows (AA-LL), and opting for seats in row MM to ZZ instead. This will allow you to glimpse the entire stage without that 1st row in the movie theater feeling. The center sections of the 1st mezzanine section also provide a spectacular view.
For other performances in Radio City Music Hall we would suggest getting seats as close as possible to the stage. However, if you’re a sound junkie you may want seats close to, but also in front of the soundboard. Consider your requirements, the type of show you’re watching, your budget, and then make a decision about buying the tickets. Do note that some concerts at Radio City have a pit section (rows AAA to CCC), while some don’t.
As you would expect, the seat options that offer the best view in the performance venue are also the most expensive. If you’re looking for something a bit more budget-friendly, our next section is for you.
Which Seats/Section Offer the Best Value for Money?
While the middle orchestra and front mezzanine seats offer the best view, they’re the most expensive too. Unfortunately, buying expensive tickets upwards of $100 each is not an option for everyone, especially tourists who already have a lot of additional expenses to worry about. That’s where the middle rows and corner sections of both the orchestra and the mezzanine come into play. The side sections in the orchestra and the middle rows in the mezzanine offer a clean look at the stage and aren’t too heavy on the pockets!
Do note that if you are opting for seats in the leftmost or rightmost section in the orchestra, make it a point to book seats that are closer to the inner aisle as opposed to getting the extreme corner seats.
How Far in Advance Should you Book Christmas Spectacular Starring The Radio City Rockettes Tickets?
Christmas Spectacular Starring The Radio City Rockettes is a limited engagement, premiering during the onset of Christmas festivities in the city. Given that’s only limited shows are available and the fact that the show itself is so popular, there’s a major demand for the tickets.
Keeping these things, and the consistent above 90% average occupancy rate, in mind, it’s safe to say that the show is very much in demand. The good orchestra and front mezzanine seats generally fill up around 2-3 weeks in advance, which means you definitely won’t get the best seats if you plan on booking your tickets at the last moment.
We would suggest that you book your tickets at least a few weeks in advance if you want the best seats in the theatre. Headout, an online concierge for fun experiences in your city, allows you to book seats up to 90 days in advance!
What are the Best Options for Buying Christmas Spectacular Starring The Radio City Rockettes Tickets?
There many ways to get tickets for Christmas Spectacular Starring The Radio City Rockettes tickets using many avenues. You can book tickets from the official website or wait in line and get tickets from the venue itself.
Alternatively, you can check out Headout and get the best price on your Christmas Spectacular Starring The Radio City Rockettes tickets! Headout, is an online concierge for wonderful experiences across the globe! More often than not prices on Headout will be cheaper than those on the official website.
The process of getting your Broadway tickets on Headout is very simple. Select your seats, make your payment, and show up at the venue on the day of the experience!
30-Second Takeaway: Radio City Music Hall
- Radio City Music Hall has 5,933 seats for spectators, and additional seating can be placed on the pit elevator for events that do not require that space bringing the seating capacity to over 6,000!
- The public areas of the Music Hall feature the work of many depression era artists including Ezra Winter, Robert Laurent, Gwen Lux, and others.
- The 6000+ seats in this venue are spread across four primary sections, the orchestra, the first mezzanine, the second mezzanine, and the third mezzanine.
- The Radio City Music Hall orchestra is the biggest section in the house with over 45 rows. The middle section of the back rows offers an obstructed view of the stage so pick your seats wisely.
- The three elevated mezzanine sections overhang the orchestra at row K and offer a mixed bag of view, ranging from amazing to average.
- The Radio City Music Hall is presently home to Christmas Spectacular Starring The Radio City Rockettes. The Christmas special is loved by New Yorkers and tourists alike.
- The Christmas Spectacular Starring The Radio City Rockettes is very popular with the audiences, especially during the holiday season. Since the average occupancy rate of 90%, the best seats in both the orchestra and mezzanine sections sell out a couple of weeks in advance.
- If you wait for the last moment to book your tickets, chances are you’ll only get the last row or extreme corner seats.
- If you're planning your trip for a future date, you can book your tickets up to 90 days in advance on Headout.
- Headout offers a best price guarantee, allowing you to get discounted tickets for the most popular, holiday-themed experiences and things to do in the city!
Now that you have a fair idea about the theatre, let’s look at some of the questions you might have about the Radio City Music Hall Theater seating chart:
How to get to the Radio City Music Hall?
Radio City Music Hall is located at 1260 6th Ave, which is quite close to Times Square. Since the venue is located at such a prime spot, getting there is quite easy.
If you’re traveling in your car, there are numerous paid parking spots close by. Some of them include ABM Parking Services, Bright Management, Edison Parkfest, and LAZ Parking.
There are a lot of public transport options too, if that’s more attuned with your taste. There are both buses and metro trains you can take to get to Radio City Music Hall. Buses plying close to the Radio City Music Hall are M104, M42, M6, M10, and M27/50. If travelling by the subway is more your thing, you can take the 1, 9, C or E train to 50th Street or the N or R train to 49th Street.
What are the Best Restaurants near the Radio City Music Hall?
Here are some of our favorite restaurants near Cort Theater:
1. Johnny Utah's: Get the authentic Midwest experience at this spacious BBQ joint with an urban cowboy look & mechanical bull riding.
2. Sardi's: This iconic, continental diner is lined with caricatures of showbiz celebrities making it a hit with locals and tourists alike.
3. The Capital Grille: This upscale steakhouse chain offers classic American fare & a clubby, refined setting for a pleasant dining experience.
4. Connolly's: A wood-paneled Irish pub, Connolly’s is your go to place for pub food and a beer in New York.
5. DB Bistro Morderne: Located in Theater District, Daniel Boulud’s Moderne serves modern French bistro cuisine with a touch of America.
6. Oceana: This enormous yet elegant upscale restaurant is the perfect choice for American seafood and wine lovers.
If you're looking for more dining options around Radio City Music Hall, our Broadway Theatre District food guide is a great read!
What Do You Need To Know Before You Go To The Radio City Music Hall?
- Please arrive one-hour prior to showtime. All packages, including briefcases and pocketbooks will be inspected prior to entry.
- Avoid bringing packages, briefcases, knapsacks and any video equipment to the Radio City Music Hall.
- The Music Hall has elevators available for use by guests with disabilities that service every level.
- For the Radio City Christmas Spectacular the sound board is not in the orchestra section.
- Instead for the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular the sound board is in the 2nd mezzanine.
- For most events at Radio City Music Hall, alcoholic beverages are available for purchase.
- Please note that no outside food or beverage is allowed inside the venue.
- Restrooms are located in the downstairs waiting area and all three mezzanine levels. All the restrooms inside the venue are wheelchair accessible.