Quad biking is a four-wheeled fun experience, usually in an outdoor setting. The thrill of riding a massive bike on amazing terrains with no restrictions is incomparable. Quad biking in Dubai ups the adventure quotient with a wild ride in the great desert, overlooking the majestic Dubai skyline.
Given the picturesque setting and the genuinely good time on offer, quad biking in Dubai is one of the most popular experiences in Dubai. Not sure about how to select the best desert adventure experience and what's on offer - we have all your questions about quad biking in Dubai answered here.
What makes quad biking in Dubai great
There are plenty of things you’ll love about your quad biking experience in Dubai. Here’re our top picks:
- You get to zip through the desert with abandon, take any route you want to (within the designated driving area, of course), and just have an all round amazing time?
- These tough, four-wheelers are a fun way of getting out into the real terrain, away from traditional routes and crowds of visitors.
- With proper safety measures in place, quad biking in Dubai is one of the most fun, family-friendly experiences around.
- When you buy your tickets from Headout, you can opt for a quad biking + desert safari combo , which brings the best of Dubai’s desert to you in one neat package.
- If you enjoy driving or motor sports, quad biking is a match made in heaven for you. The excitement of riding in the desert is hard to match up to!
Popular desert adventure sports in Dubai
While quad biking is a major highlight of the Dubai desert experience, it's better to go in prepared before you make a pick. Here's a quick rundown of all that you can in do in the desert:
1.Quad Biking: An all-terrain vehicle (ATV), also known as a quad bike, is a vehicle that travels on low-pressure tires, with a seat that is straddled by the operator, along with handlebars for steering control. Quad biking involves riding the vehicle on different terrains, in Dubai's case desert, at different speeds.
2. Dune Bashing: To put it simply, dune bashing is a form of off-roading on sand dunes. Think of it as a roller coaster in the middle of the desert! Your driver rides a large vehicle (usually a Toyota Land Cruiser or a Ford Bronco) through the sandy terrain of a desert in high speed. Perfect for adventure junkies.
3. Sand Boarding: Like the name suggests, sand boarding is just like snow boarding with sand replacing the snow. This recreational activity takes place on sand dunes rather than snow-covered mountains but offers the same unforgettable thrill you get from snow boarding.
While there are countless other adventure sports in Dubai, these three are undeniably the most popular.
Renting quad bikes
Yes, you do have the option of renting a quad bike in Dubai. You can visit any quad bike rental store in the city, pick your bike (which are available in different sizes and engine capacity), pay a refundable deposit amount, and head to any public place you wish to ride in.
While it sounds great, renting a quad bike is not the best option, especially if you're new in the city and don't know much about it. Getting lost is as easy as breathing and you won't get to venture into the best terrain for quad biking like a quad biking tour would. Then there's the additional risk of damaging the vehicle and losing out on that security deposit.
That's not to say that renting a quad bike is the absolute worst. For people familiar with the terrain and comfortable with riding a quad bike, renting is a good option.
How to pick the best quad biking in Dubai
Wondering how to pick the best quad biking experience? We have some tips you’ll thank us later for:
1. Know Your Budget
If you’re on a vacation and constrained by a budget, each activity you partake in can cause a considerable dent. Avoid overspending and opt for combos to experience multiple attractions together and save time. Take for instance the Headout's Desert Safari with Quad Biking combo. You can to experience all the joys of Dubai's desert, including dune bashing, quad biking, camel riding, a traditional Dubai meal, and much more!
2. Who Are You Travelling With?
Another thing to consider before you pick your quad biking experience is your fellow travelers. If your kid is younger than 3 years old, quad biking is not for them. Or if you’re visiting Dubai with your elderly parents, you shouldn’t really pick quad biking. On the other hand, if you’re travelling with your friends or kids (older than 3), this activity is perfect for you.
3. Matters Of Time
On a tight schedule and only have time for limited activities? We would suggest opting for single experiences over combos. This allows you to engage in an activity you truly wish to experience. You can also pick activities which are for a shorter duration like the Morning Quad Bike Safari which promises 15 minutes of pure quad biking madness!
Although Dubai is hot round the clock, the winter months are considerably better than peak summers. Since quad biking is an outdoor activity, we would recommend planning your trip around the winter months to escape the scathing heat and enjoy a fun quad bike ride.
Discounted tickets for quad biking experiences in Dubai
There are a lot of options you can pick from for this attraction, especially since prices for quad biking in Dubai vary greatly from vendor to vendor. We have curated the best experiences to help you find the right experience and save the most. With best price guarantee on all listed experiences in Dubai you know you will get the best deal online.
Here are the top-selling quad biking Dubai experiences:
1. Morning Quad Biking Safari
Witness the glorious Dubai desert in the early hours of the day with this exciting quad biking experience. Lasting 15 minutes, this dune bashing thrill ride will give your day the amazing start it needs.
Unlike other tours, this experience includes a proper training session where you can learn about the ins and out of a quad bike and master the techniques to ride it like a pro. Once you're done with the training bit, the instructor will take you to some of the best quad biking trails in Dubai, making for a thrilling bike ride.
- Complimentary transfer from hotel/place of residence
- Camel ride upon request
2. Desert Safari with Quad Biking
Experience the thrill of bashing the dunes, quad biking and sand boarding at a traditional Bedouin camp on this convenient desert safari combo.
Short on time and want to experience the Dubai desert in its entirety? This combo offers you everything! Start with an exciting dune bashing ride that will take you on a roller coaster ride of the desert, followed by your arrival at a camp site decked with desert-themed attractions. You can ride quad bikes in the designated area, go a short camel ride, enjoy unlimited beverages and snacks, witness the Dubai traditional belly dancing and much more!
- Adventure sports like dune bashing
- Camel ride
- Quad biking
- Fire show
- Unlimited drinks
- Snack and much more
3. Quad Bike Adventure
This one's for those seeking the true Dubai desert magic! Go all out and explore the beautiful desert on your quad bike, as your instructor takes you to the best trails around, going in whatever pace suits you best.
An hour long quad bike experience to satiate the adrenaline junkie in you, this experience holds many surprises! Once you're done with the quad bike ride, bring in the night with an array of activities ranging from camel rides to belly dancing performances. Cap off you wonderful evening with an amazing Arabian style dinner.
- 1-hour quad biking session
- Henna painting
- Camel riding
- BBQ dinner
- Belly dancing
- Traditional Arabian attire you can get clicked with
4. Desert Adventure Sports
Enjoy the glorious Dubai desert along with your friends and family in this neat adventure sports combo. With hotel transfers, you'll reach the activity area without any hassles and get to experience the rich Dubai culture at its best.
Once you arrive at camp, you can enjoy a wide array of desert activities - quad biking, camel safari, sand boarding and a visit to the camel farm. Lots of breathtaking photo opportunities of the Hajjar Mountains too, so bring your camera along!
- Hotel transfer
- Quad biking
- Camel safari
- Visit to a camel farm
- Sand boarding
- Soft drinks
Quad Biking in Dubai Reviews
Me and a friend went on a 2hrs Quad biking tour. We were picked up and dropped off which was very handy. The Quad biking was amazing and will definitely be going again!
Cool desert trip.
They give you a short lesson how to drive in desert safely and take care of everybody. If it is not your first try then they show you more of the bigger dunes with higher speed. Totally safe and pure joyride, perfect service, all quad are in good condition and it is a great fun. I will go back there again and again. Thanks!
Read more Quad Biking Dubai reviews on TripAdvisor.
Quad biking in Dubai - All you need to know
- All quad biking Dubai experiences require that you sign an indemnity form before proceeding with the ride. Signing this form relieves the vendor from damage/personal injury to the participants, so ride carefully.
- Infants under 3 years can be brought along on the ride by parents at their own safety. But they must be carried on the parent’s laps, if the seats are not reserved on sharing basis.
- Summer clothing is suitable for most of the year, but sweaters or jackets may be needed for the winter months.
- Since the experience involves going out in the desert and facing the sun, bring along sunscreen, sunglasses, and hats for additional protection.
- If you don’t have prior experience with motor vehicles (or even if you do), pay close attention during the training to understand the workings of a quad bike. Always remember, safety first!
- Only individuals aged 14 and up are allowed to ride a quad bike solo.