Off-Broadway Week NYC
Upcoming Edition: February 11–24, 2019. Tickets go on sale starting January 28, 2019
Off-Broadway comes twice a year and functions almost along the same lines as a Broadway week. During this particular week, one can buy two off-Broadway tickets at the price of one or avail the Upgrade offer, both described in detail below. Another opportunity to get hold of cheap Off-Broadway tickets is the 20at20 program (run by The Off Broadway Alliance) wherein $20 tickets are offered to guests who arrive at the box office 20 minutes before curtain. As the name suggests, this offer runs for exactly 20 days.
NYC Off Broadway Week Offers
During Off-Broadway Week, two offers can be usually availed:
1. Buy 2 for 1 Off-Broadway Tickets
As part of this offer, you can purchase two off-Broadway show tickets for the price of one, including both
Mezzanine and Orchestra sections. Nonetheless, the offer is not valid for all seats in the respective
theatre during the Off-Broadway week but only select seats.
2. Upgrade Offer
The Upgrade offer is quite different from the standard Off-Broadway Week offer and may not always be
available. The Upgrade offer is a great way to save money on select premium seats in the theatre. It allows
you to purchase premium seats at a 50% discount + $20. As is the case with the Off-Broadway Week offer,
this offer is also valid on select seats and not all.
How to Buy Off-Broadway Week Tickets
When you intend to purchase Off-Broadway Week tickets from Headout, all you are required to do is select at least 2 seats while booking the show, as prices of the participating shows will already be reduced to reflect the off-Broadway week rates.
Headout is one of the few platforms that offers you the chance to select specific seats, in addition to allowing you to check seat availability on a real-time basis. Our customer service team is available 24/7 in case you need any extra help.
NYC Off-Broadway Week: Participating Shows
The list of best Off-Broadway shows participating in the February edition of NYC Off-Broadway Week 2019 includes the following:
Tips for Off-Broadway Week NYC
- Book at the earliest: Since most popular shows sell like hot cakes and tickets are limited in availability, it would make sense to book as early as possible.
- Having a group is key: If you look at the math, the 2-for-1 offer literally translates to a 50% discount on a minimum purchase of two tickets. Hence, gather a group of friends and make the most of this amazing deal.
- It's always more than a week: Eventhough the name of the deal might indicate that it's just for a week, it most certainly runs for more than that. In fact, the February 2019 edition lasts for 2 weeks.
- Understanding the area: Off-Broadway has a presence in certain parts of Manhattan and Theater District although predominantly affiliated with downtown. Ensure that you double-check the location of the theater prior to the show date.
- Shows tend to repeat: Multiple Off-Broadway shows from the past will be featured in Off-Broadway week. So, if there's a favorite that you always wanted to watch for a second or third time, this is your chance!
FAQs: Off-Broadway Week NYC
1. How does the 2-for-1 ticket offer work?
During Off-Broadway Week, you can buy two Off-Broadway show tickets for the price of one. In other words, a 50% off is applicable. Please note that a service charge is levied on a per ticket basis.
2. Why don't preferred seats appear available at times?
The offer is valid only on select seats and therefore, if you are unable to find seats of your preference, they could either be sold out or not be part of the discount offer at all. In such cases, we urge you to select another date or check back at a later point to see if more discounted seats have been made available.
3. Can 2-for-1 tickets be purchased at the box office as well?
Yes, 2-for-1 tickets can be bought at the box office. However, you cannot avail the offer for tickets that have been purchased earlier.