One of the leading tourist destinations in the world, Singapore is one of the most diverse and vibrant places in South East Asia. Despite being one of the smallest countries in the world, Singapore is remarkably well planned, clean and covered with trees and greenery. Be it culinary, cultural or natural, the experiences in Singapore are unique and that’s the biggest magnet for tourists. One of the unique experiences that one can have in Singapore is the Night Safari - an immersive experience which brings the visitor closer to the life of nocturnal animals. The experience allows visitors to see animals live like they would in the wild in an artificially constructed habitat that allows these animals to live outside their cages. Whether you’re an adult or a child, this experience will leave you feeling enriched.
Night Safari in a Nutshell
Singapore's Night Safari allows you to explore the animal kingdom under the light of the stars! As you walk through the nocturnal park, you will come across zones that represent topographies from around the world. Night Safari is home to over 2,500 animals, 38% of which are threatenedin the wild. The animals are housed in specially designed environments that mimic their natural ecological system, highlighted by the open-air exhibits. The Night Safari is divided into the following zones: Indian Subcontinent, Asian Riverine Forest, Himalayan Foothills, Equatorial Africa, Nepalese River Valley and the Burmese Hillside.
7:30 PM - 12:00 AM daily.
80 Mandai Lake Rd, Singapore 729826
Singapore Night Safari Tickets
Skip the Line Night Safari Tickets ✪
Singapore Night Safari with Hotel Transfers ✪
Quick Jumplinks to Navigate the Guide
What Makes Night Safari Special
Night Safari is the world’s first nocturnal zoo. The animals in the Safari are not caged, but roam free in scientifically designed enclosures. Watching them is an entirely different experience to watching caged animals in the zoo. The Night Safari also has two cultural shows, one which explains the life of nocturnal animals and the second, a thrilling fire show performance.
The main draw to the Night Safari are the animals itself. Each animal there has a story of their own, and Night Safari is out to tell them. Explore the life of Neha, the Indian elephant, or chit chat with the Malay tiger keepers. There’s a host of activities so you can get close to these majestic animals, many of which are endangered. With a chance to learn so much about these beautiful animals, the Night Safari is a must visit.
Avoiding The Crowd At Night Safari
The Night Safari is one of Singapore’s most popular attractions. It is heavily frequented by tourists and can get crowded. However, there are some tips and tricks to avoid the crowd.
1. Buy Skip the Line tickets online
Booking tickets online avoids the time and hassle spent onsite in buying a ticket. Tourists have noted that the wait time for tickets sometimes exceeds half an hour. Buying tickets online allows you to avoid waiting in a queue for admission tickets.
2. Choosing the right time to visit
The Night Safari is open to visitors in the evening. Typically, the attraction sees more crowds on the weekend, when both locals and tourists visit. Weekdays are calmer and see a slightly lesser crowd.
Night Safari Tickets
The Night Safari is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Singapore. It is heavily crowded and over a million tourists visit it every year. For tourists looking to save time while visiting, there are a variety of tickets that you can book online that will help you get quicker entry into the Night Safari.
Skip the Line: Singapore Night Safari Tickets
- Skip the booking line and move straight to the redemption line.
- Experience Night Safari in a 40 minute immersive tram experience which takes you across 6 geographical locations.
- Enjoy the Night Safari at your own pace on 4 different Walking Trails.
- Drop in to learn about habits of nocturnal creatures in the ‘Creatures of the Night Show’.
- This ticket costs SGD 45 and is valid for 180 days from the date of purchase.
- If you book Standard Admission Entry with the 9:15pm tram ride, the ticket is valid for the date of booking only.
Night Safari Tickets with Hotel Transfers
- Enjoy benefits of the Skip The Line tickets along with hotel transfers.
- Display mobile tickets at counter 3 & 4 to collect your tickets.
- Pickups begin from 5:00 PM
- Hotel transfers are from the following areas:
- Orchard Road
- Bugis Street
- Marina Bay Sands
- Balestier Road Hotel Area
- Little India
- Transfers from hotels outside the areas can be arranged at an extra cost.
Super Saver Combo: Night Safari + River Safari
- Get two of Singapore’s best wildlife experiences in this ticket: Night Safari and River Safari.
- The ticket allows you to skip the line for both Night Safari and River Safari.
- It includes all the benefits of the Skip the Line Ticket for Night Safari.
- It includes a River Safari and Amazon River Quest as a part of the River Safari.
- The combo ticket is valid for 180 days from scheduled date of visit.
Super Saver Combo: Jurong Bird Park + Night Safari
- This combo ticket brings you access to two of Singapore’s most top rated tourist Experiences, Jurong Bird Park and Night Safari.
- This ticket includes all the benefits of the Skip the Line ticket for Night Safari.
- This ticket includes skip the line at Jurong Bird Park. It also includes unlimited access to the hop on-hop off tram at the Bird Park.
- Combo tickets are valid for 180 days from the scheduled date of visit.
Super Saver Combo: Singapore Zoo + Night Safari
- Visit two of Singapore’s premium wildlife experiences through this combo ticket: Singapore Zoo and Night Safari.
- The combo ticket includes all the benefits of the Skip the Line ticket for Night Safari.
- The combo ticket allows you to skip the line during admission at Singapore Zoo.
- A guided tram ride at Singapore Zoo is also included in the combo ticket price.
- The combo ticket is valid for 180 days from the scheduled date of visit.
Park Hopper Plus: Singapore Zoo + River Safari + Night Safari + Jurong Bird Park
- This ticket is the ultimate combo ticket for those who want to explore the highest rated Singapore experiences - The Singapore Zoo, the River Safari, the Night Safari and the Jurong Bird Park.
- The combo ticket guarantees direct entry into the attractions by collecting tickets from the counters.
- This ticket allows you to enjoy the 40 minute guided tram experience, the walking trails, and the ‘Creatures of the Night’ show.
- Enjoy all day access in Singapore Zoo, with entry into all the 10 zones, with re-entry. A guided tram tour of the zoo is included in the price.
- Let the Amazon River Quest and River Safari enchant you in the River Safari. Also included is a meeting with Kai Kai and Jia Jia, the two pandas at River Safari rainforest.
- Explore the Jurong Bird Park at your own pace with unlimited access to the hop on-hop off tram rides.
Typical Night Safari Experience
The Night Safari has many experiences combined together for a great visit. Here’s what you should do to make the best of your Safari experience.
1. Night Safari Tram Ride
The best way to explore the Night Safari is the trams. These trams get you around the park with their guided commentary on animals and the zones. For those looking to beat the queues, there is an express tram ride, which allows you to skip the line for the regular tram.
2. Night Safari Trails and Animals
The biggest attraction of the Night Safari are the animals. The Night Safari prides itself in housing endangered species. 38% of the animals are endangered. There are a few different ways of exploring and enjoying the animals at Night Safari. The Night Safari has organized the animals into four different zones or walking trails.
This trail explores Asian wildlife. The animals found here are leopards, lions, civets and porcupines. You can enjoy seeing the clouded leopards from Sri Lanka in action in their enclosure. Get close to the majestic Gir lions from India and discover a flying fox in the Mangrove Walk area. This trail can be experienced on the tram and also on a private buggy ride.
Fishing Cat Trail
This trail recreates a trekking experience in the forests of Singapore. Singapore forests are tropical rainforests and this trail aims to introduce visitors to the environment and animals found in these forests. Native species that roam the Singapore forests such as fishing cat, binturong, pangolin, barking deer, hyenas, ducks and other creatures are found here. The pangolin in Night Safari was a hit and run victim who is now flourishing in her habitat.
East Lodge Trail
This trail covers wildlife in Africa and Asia. The tropical rainforests and the Savannah grasslands have been recreated for the animals here. One of the special experiences is a chance to chat with the animal keepers at 8:30pm and 9:30pm on fridays, saturdays and public holidays. Some of the animals found here are the sloth bear, the malayan tiger, the spotted hyena, the bongo, and the babirusa.
This trail explores the wildlife in Australia and New Zealand. Discover the fantastic world of marsupials, found mainly in Australia and learn about their lives. The trail has been recreated to look like the Australian deserts and has creatures like Parma Wallabies, who were thought to be extinct. Some of the animals found here are the possum, the wallaby, the sugar glider, and you might even spot a python somewhere.
3. Show at Night Safari
Creatures of the Night
Watch the nocturnal animals show off their talents in this show. You’ll get to learn fun facts about these creatures and watch them entertain you. Show timings are 7:15 PM, 8:30 PM, 9:30 PM and 10:30 PM.
Thumbuakar Fire Show
Let the fire warriors of Night Safari thrill you with their antics and tricks to the beat of jungle drums. Show timings are 6:45 PM, 8:00 PM, 9:00 PM, 10:00 PM.
4. Dining At Night Safari
There are several dining options in the Night Safari. Whether you’re a vegetarian or a non vegetarian, you will be spoilt for choice.
You can enjoy Indian themed food in Ulu Ulu Safari Restaurant, Ice cream at Ben & Jerrys, gourmet hot dogs and snacks at Safari Sizzles, and, roasted meats at the Jungle Rotisserie restaurant.
Inside the Park
Zebra Café inside the Night Safari serves refreshing drinks, soft serve yoghurt and snacks to recharge visitors.
Unique Dining Experiences
These are quirky and exclusive dining experiences for those looking to experience Night Safari differently.
• An Evening in the Wild: Partake a four course dining experience, stay in a tipi tent and enjoy close up encounters with the Night Safari animals.
• Cocktail Safari Express: Enjoy the Night Safari with cocktails and canapes.
• Gourmet Safari Express: Enjoy stunning views of the Night Safari while having a candlelit dinner on board a moving tram.
Night Safari - All You Need to Know
80 Mandai Lake Road Singapore 729826
Night Safari is open every day of the year from 7:15 PM to 12:00 AM.
How to Reach
There are different Metro stations and connecting buses that bring you to the Night Safari. The North South Line stations are connected to Night Safari.
• Khatib (NS14) - Mandai Khatib Shutle
• Choa Chu Kang (NS4) - Bus 927
• Ang Mo Kio (NS16) - 138
• Woodlands (NS9) - 926 (only on Sundays and Public Holidays)
• Marsiling (NS8) - 926 (only on Sundays and Public Holidays)
Mandai Khatib Shuttle
Night Safari can be reached from the nearest MRT station (Khatib) in 15 minutes via the Mandai Khatib shuttle. The loop shuttle operates between 8am to 7:20pm. The fare is SGD 1 for the service.
Direct bus services from the city
The Safari Gate bus and Singapore Attraction Express bus from the city will directly drop you to the Night Safari gate.
Self drive or taxi
Night Safari is 30 minutes from Singapore city. There are two different routes to reach: via Central Expressway (CE) from the city & via Pan Island Expressway (PIE) from the City. Maximum parking charges are SGD 10 per entry.
Night Safari - Rules and Regulations
- Venturing into prohibited areas is dangerous and not allowed as per park regulations.
- Feeding or teasing animals is prohibited.
- Commercial use of footage is prohibited. Prior permission needs to be taken from the park for the same.
- Park representatives may film or photograph visitors during the course of their visit. Entry to the park serves as consent to use the image.
- Smoking is not allowed in the park premises.There is a designated smoke area outside the park.
- Flash photography is prohibited.
- Pets are not allowed in the park premises.
- Skate scooters, inline skates, rollerblades, tricycles and pull trolleys are not allowed in the park.
Night Safari - Insider Tips
The Night Safari is an immensely popular tourist attraction. With a lot of tourists visiting it, there are a few tricks to make the most of your visit.
- Time your tram ride
The tram ride timings are 7:15 PM, 8:15 PM, 9:15 PM and 10:15 PM. Take a later tram so that most of the crowd is managed in the earlier ones. Swap this time for the walking trail or the Creatures of the Night show.
- Visit the Creatures of the Night show first
The Creatures of the Night show timings are 7:30 PM, 8:30 PM, 9:30 PM and 10:30 PM. Since most of the crowd rushes to the trams first, swap it with the Creatures of the Night show so that you avoid crowds.
- Explore walking trails for lesser crowds
Not many tourists explore the walking trails. By arriving early, you can check out the walking trails and the animals there and then end the trip with the tram ride. There are four trails, fishing cat trail, east coast lodge trail, leopard trail, and wallaby trail.
- Night Safari unique experiences
The Night Safari has unique experiences like
- Dining in the wild
- Sleeping in a tipi tent
- Watch animals being fed and talk to the keepers
- Private buggy tour
- Heat and Rain
It can rain anytime in the Safari. It is also hot and humid. It is best to dress prepared for the heat and rain. Wearing comfortable shoes is a must.
- Insect repellant
The Night Safari is in the middle of a rainforest. It is recommended to keep some repellant handy if you’re prone to insect bites.
You can opt for these instead of the standard experience.