Dubai is famous for its thrilling desert safari experiences. During different times of the day, the Arabian desert landscape has an eluding charm and a morning desert safari gives a brilliant start to your day. Unlike an evening safari, you are absolutely fresh and pepped up to enjoy this adventurous trip. The morning sun gives a golden glow to the soft sand of the desert which is still cool with the effect of the previous cold night. This gives you an opportunity to absorb the stunning beauty of the tranquil Arabian desert while its still not too hot.
You leave the busy city life behind and head out straight to the heavenly land of desert in a 4x4 vehicle. The expedition will allow you to witness some stunning desert scenery, rare birds, wildlife and experience fun activities. You will have enough time to leisurely cover all this while the desert is still relatively cool. Once you are through with all the exciting desert activities, a sumptuous breakfast awaits you to pamper your gastronomical appetite. You are then dropped back to your place of stay and are free to spend rest of the day as per your plan.
Comparing Evening Desert Safaris & Morning Desert Safaris
Time of Day
A lot of people opt for the evening safari as one assumes that morning safaris can get too hot. Contrary to the belief desert mornings are pretty nice and cool. The slanting rays of the sun are not so harsh. It also gives you enough time to enjoy the desert activities in ample sunlight. On the other hand, evening desert safaris begin in the late afternoon when it’s still very hot. Morning desert safaris also give you the opportunity to spot some rare wildlife like Arabian oryxes and gazelle species that venture out commonly in the morning hour. There are also some special activities like hot air balloon ride which are performed only as part of a morning safari. You shall also appreciate and enjoy the tranquility of the desert far more with lesser number of tourists around you. You can eat like a king to your heart’s content at the breakfast which is part of this safari.
The cool morning desert presents the perfect opportunity to partake in a plethora of desert activities. A typical morning safari begins with the famous dune bashing in a 4x4 vehicle of the choice you make. The expert driver drives over the shifting sand mounds giving you an adrenalin rush! After you are done with this thrilling ride you have options to enjoy more activities like sand boarding, quad biking, dune buggy driving and hot air balloon ride etc. The golden glow of the sand and ample sunlight gives you an excellent opportunity to capture the beauty of the desert through your camera.
The morning safari is often followed by a lavish spread of breakfast. Alongside a wide variety of standard international dishes many local delicacies like Rgaag with egg, an arabic bread and egg preparation; Balaleet (sweet noodles) and pancakes, called Chbaab are also served for breakfast. Arabic coffee is quite popular as well. You can enjoy the first meal of the day with no guilt as you have the entire day to burn it off!
A Typical Morning Desert Safari Experience
A typical morning desert safari begins with the designated driver picking you up in a 4x4 from the place of your stay at a fixed time in the morning. You are then driven past the city to the entirely different surroundings of the Arabian desert. Usually the camp lies in the Red Lahbab desert or the Dubai Conservation Reserve. The morning desert safari begins with a dune bashing session. You are taken on a fun rollercoaster speed ride up and down the sand dunes by the expert driver of your vehicle.
This is followed by other fun activities at the beautiful desert camp. Sand boarding is a lot of fun as it lets you slip on the sand mounds using a board. You can ride a dune buggy under the guidance of your tour guide. One of the most fascinating morning activity option is hot air balloon ride. This ride is piloted by expert specialists to give you an experience of a lifetime! From 4,000 feet above the desert floor, the landscape of the amazing desert is absolutely mesmerising. Camel ride of course is an absolute favourite with kids and adults alike. Spotting rare plants and animals is also a high point of this desert safari. Watching the galloping gazelles and Arabian Oryxes in their natural habitat is on a wildlife safari quite an experience.
As you are satiated with a morning full of adventure and fun, an exciting breakfast (depending on the chosen option) awaits you.There are variety of international and local preparations along with the beverages. You can indulge yourself trying out the lavish spread. This would conclude your adventurous trip to the desert and you would be safely driven back to the place of your stay.
Top Morning Desert Safaris in Dubai
Morning Desert Safari Dune Bashing Experience
• Start your expedition with the adrenalin pumping dune bashing session in a 4x4 vehicle.
• Have fun trying out sandboarding as you strap on a board and slide down the massive desert dunes.
• Go for a camel ride.
Experience the famous camel ride.
• Live the true Arabic experience in the unique Bedouin style campsite.
Early Morning Desert Safari
• You are taken to the splendid landscape of Lahbab Desert to experience the most thrilling and popular dune bashing in a 4x4 vehicle.
• You get ample opportunities to capture the stunning beauty of the desert in your camera.
• A light snack awaits at the site as you conclude your amazing desert experience.
• You are dropped back safe to your place of stay.
Morning Dune Buggy Safari
• You are driven away from the city to witness the serene desert.
• Start the adventure by bashing the dunes on a four seater off road buggy.
• You can enjoy the thrill of self driving the buggy by simply following the expert guide’s instructions.
• Refresh yourself with complimentary soft drinks before you are dropped back to your hotel.
Hot Air Balloon Ride Desert Safari with Breakfast
• Driven to the desert site, this safari gives an extensive feel and essence of the beautiful desert.
• The airborne adventure of hot air balloon ride takes you 4000 feet above ground to give you a breathtaking view of the boundless desert.
• Break for a lavish spread of sumptuous breakfast at the private desert conservation reserve.You’ll find this comparable to a 5-star breakfast.
• Head for your wildlife safari to witness some of the rare desert species in their natural habitat. An open-top Land Rover from the 1950s does full justice to this adventure.
• Hotel pick-up and drop-off
• Spectacular balloon ride
• Gourmet breakfast
• Wildlife safari in vintage Land Rover
• Safari guide
Morning Camel Safari
• Experience how people of the desert travelled in ancient times across the desert as you embark on a guided camel safari.
• Ride the "Ship of the desert" and learn why these peaceful creatures have been used as transportation in such an environment.
• With guides available to ensure your experience goes without a hitch, you will have a lovely experience at the desert.
Morning Quad Bike Safari
• Bask in the soft light rays of morning sun while the sand is still cold from last night. Enjoy the natural beauty.
• You will be exposed to fun and adventure with the opening dune bashing experience in a land cruiser.
• Learn the tricks of Quad biking through Professional guides and get time to try it on your own.
• You have the option to request for other fun activities.
• Complimentary transfers for ease of convenience.
You can discover more such exciting morning desert safari Dubai deals at Headout and make your desert vacation one to remember.
Morning Desert Safari Tips
- Casual comfortable clothes would be an ideal choice for an evening desert safari for you to enjoy all the fun activities there.
- Carrying a thin jacket or a stole is advisable for the evening as deserts tend to get nippy at night.
- Its preferable to wear open shoes, flip flops or sandals as footwear as you will be getting in and out of the vehicle frequently onto the sand.
- Sunglasses are a very helpful as sand tends to get into your eyes and can ruin your experience.
- Sun is very strong in deserts so apply a sunscreen and carry a cap if possible.
- Dune bashing can be a rough roller coaster experience. Keep it in mind if you are old, have a small child or have any other health issues.
- Listen to your instructor carefully while performing the activities.