Located at 149 West 45th Street near Times Square between Seventh and Sixth Avenue in Midtown Manhattan, the Lyceum Theatre is one of the three oldest surviving Broadway venues along with the Hudson and New Amsterdam Theatres. The theatre opened in 1903 was became the first New York theatre to be granted landmark status in 1974. Architects Herts and Tallant designed the Lyceum Theatre in the Beaux Arts style. The theatre possesses a fine-looking gray limestone exterior with six opulent Corinthian columns. The lobby displays two majestic marble staircases that go up to the mezzanine. While the theatre has three levels, it happens to be one of the smaller Broadway theatres with only 922 seats. An apartment located above the orchestra, originally used by Frohman, is now the headquarters of the Shubert Archives. The Lyceum has found its niche as a venue for small-cast musicals, dramas, and comedies, including The Admirable Crichton, Entertaining Mr Sloane, "Master Harold"...and the Boys, The Sunshine Boys, Macbeth, A View from the Bridge, and Fully Committed.
Planning to watch Be More Chill? Great! Before booking your Broadway tickets, take a look at our Lyceum Theatre seating chart guide to find the best seats in the theatre and other useful bits of information to make the most of your experience. Also, here’s a handy link to the seat availability and real time prices for different seats/dates for Be More Chill on Headout.
Address: Lyceum Theatre, S149 W 45th St, New York, NY 10036,USA
Seating Capacity: 922
Mezzanine : 287
Balcony : 210
Check out the Lyceum Theatre Seating Chart.
Be More Chill - Playing At The Lyceum Theatre, NYC
Telling the story of nerdy teenagers who are facing tough times at High School, 'Be More Chill' is a entertaining and uplifting musical extravaganza. The show places its emphasis on contemporary things such as the effect of social media on personal life, teenage anxieties, depression, and strong bonds formed during adolescence. It has already garnered great hype over social media. Based on the book by Ned Vizzini and featuring brilliant music by Joe Iconis, 'Be More Chill' promises to be a thrilling experience.
‘Be More Chill’ tells the story of Jeremy Heere, a High School junior and his yearning for fame. He resides with his father who constantly broods over his divorce. Michael is Jeremy's best friend and his only source of companionship. Building dreams of a fancier life, Jeremy finds his ticket to glory in the form of a pill (which is mentioned to him by Rich, the school bully).
Without second thoughts, Jeremy gets his hands on the pill and pops it. SQUIP, the computer implant takes over Jeremy and apparently makes him more chill. In the course of becoming cooler, SQUIP requires Jeremy to go through a a rather difficult journey - one that involves distancing himself from Michael. Little does Jeremy know that SQUIP has more vicious intentions, that of taking over the school and the world altogether. Watch the show to find out how it all culminates!
Music & Lyrics by
Sun - 3:00 PM
Tues - 7:00 PM
Wedn - 2:00 PM & 8:00 PM
Thurs - 7:00 PM
Fri - 8 PM
Saturday - 2:00 PM & 8:00 PM
Showtimes will be updated as and when more information becomes available.
2 hours and 30 minutes with 1 intermission
Orchestra: Seating is accessible to all parts of the orchestra without steps. There are no steps to the designated wheelchair seating location.
Mezzanine: Located on the 2nd Level, up 2 flights of stairs from orchestra. Please Note: On the mezzanine level, there are approximately 2 steps per row. Entrance to mezzanine is behind row J.
Balcony: Located on the 3rd Level, up 4 flights of stairs from orchestra. On the balcony level, there are approximately 2 steps per row. Entrance to balcony is behind row J.
Wheelchair Accessibility : Theatre is not completely wheelchair accessible. There are no steps into the theatre from the sidewalk and there are no elevators or escalators available.
Accessibility: There are no steps into the theatre from the sidewalk..
Restroom:There is a wheelchair accessible restroom.
Handrails: Available at the end of every stepped seat row in the Mezzanine and Balcony.
Pay Phone: Located on the lower and mezzanine levels.
Water Fountain: : Located in the ticket lobby. Accessible at 36".
Elevator: None Available. No steps into theatre.
Assisted Listening Device: Reservations for ALDs are not necessary. Drivers license or ID with printed address required as a deposit .
- The use of cameras, recording devices, cell phones, beepers, and other electronic devices during the performance is not allowed.
- Wheelchair and mobility-impaired seating is intended for patrons with mobility disabilities.
- The theatre is fully air conditioned and it can get pretty chilly inside. Dress appropriately and bring a pullover or jacket just in case.
- Be More Chill is two and a half hours long and there’s one intermission so that you can visit the restroom or the lounge.
- Make sure you reach the theatre at least 30 minutes before your show timing. Latecomers will be seated at the discretion of management.
- Please note that where there are steps either into or within the theatre, the theatre staff will be unable to provide assistance.
The Lyceum Theatre is located at 149 West 45th Street New York, NY. Given its proximity to Broadway and Times Square, there are plenty of options for you to get to the theatre. Here are some of the popular ones.
There are many buses and metro trains you can take to reach the Lyceum Theatre. Buses plying to Theatre District are M104, M42, M6, M10, and M27/50. If travelling by subway is more your thing, you can take the N, R & W (49th) or 1 (50th) or C & E (50th) trains. The nearest subway stations are 49th Street or 50th Street stations.
If you’re travelling in your car, there are numerous paid parking spots close to the Lyceum Theatre Some of the popular ones include Edison ParkFest, Impark, LAZ Parking, and Bright Management.
Restaurants near Lyceum Theatre, NYC
Here are some of the best restaurants near Lyceum Theatre in our humble opinion. If you’re looking for more food options in the Theatre District, we have got you covered.
1. Tony's Di Napoli: This bustling eatery serving big, shareable portions of Italian comfort food to the masses.
2. Chick-fil-a.com: Visit this popular fast-food chain that serves chicken sandwiches, strips & nuggets along with salads & sides.
3. OliveGarden: Lively, family-friendly chain featuring Italian standards such as pastas & salads, with a full bar.
4. Utsav: This comfortable, spacious Indian eatery is perfect for theater-goers thanks to its fixed-priced pre-theater deals.
5. Osteria al Doge: Relaxed Spanish eatery serving up tapas, paella & sangria, as well as some Italian dishes.
6. The Lambs Club: A clubby, art-deco style restaurant in 132 West 44th Street, with cocktails and steaks to die for!.
Check out our theatre district restaurants guide for even more fantastic dining options in and around Broadway district. It has everything you're looking for. And more.