The land of deserts and seas, of mountains and plains and of fortune and fame, Dubai is the 4th most visited city in the world, behind London, Paris and Bangkok. With over 14.5 million tourists visiting Dubai every year, this Emirate has become a melting pot of cultures and ethnicities. But what attracts so many people here year after year? Is it the golden sand of the deserts, is it the opulent Arab lifestyle, or is it the tallest building in the world? There is no single answer to this question and that is the best part.
Dubai has over hundreds of unique activities and fun things to do for everyone - whether you’re visiting with your family, travelling solo or with your loved one. One thing is for certain - there is absolutely no time in Dubai for you to get bored. Feeling too hot? Go to the Ski Dubai Snow Park. Feeling adventurous? Try skydiving. Tired of city life and just want to escape? Go on a hot air balloon ride.
What Makes Hot Air Balloon Rides in Dubai Special
Going on a hot air balloon tour is one of those unique, once-in-a-lifetime experiences that you definitely do not want to miss, especially in Dubai. The views and feelings you get whilst perched upon this magical carpet are completely unparalleled and will leave you spell bound. You get to marvel at the vastness of the Arabian Desert along with all its inhabitants. From a height of 4000 feet, witness the endless ocean of sand dunes beneath you as they are bathed in an amazing golden yellow light during sunrise. You also get to see the camels, gazelles, oryx (national animal of UAE) and other desert dwelling creatures roaming about in their natural habitat. Such a picturesque setting, even Van Gogh would gawk at the view.
In most hot air balloon tours, you do get a gourmet Arabian breakfast upon landing to cap off your morning before you are taken back to your place of residence. The breakfast/refreshments served, usually include traditional Arabic food. Relax and enjoy your fare in the open desert.
All in all, a ride in the skies coupled with a delicious breakfast will definitely be one of your most memorable experiences in not only Dubai, but your lifetime.
Book A Hot Air Balloon Ride Experience In Dubai
1. Hot Air Balloon Ride + Breakfast + Desert Safari
- Catch the sun rising over the desert from 4,000 feet above on an airborne adventure from the comfort of a gentle Hot Air Balloon ride
- Gaze at the wonderful scenery that encompasses you, both below in land and above in sky.
- Get a different view of Dubai as you soar above it like a bird.
- Freshen up at the private desert conservation reserve before you indulge in a scrumptious breakfast prepared with 5-star standards.
- Experience an amazing wildlife safari in an open-top Land Rover from the 1950s.
2. Hot Air Balloon Breakfast Safari
- Coast above the desert and catch the sun rising from 4,000 feet above the ground.
- Get an unmatchable bird's eye view of the desert and the city of Dubai in the distance.
- Perfect photography opportunities.
- Private transfers in luxury SUVs and refreshments after landing.
- Choose either a small, intimate group, or go with a slightly larger group for fun.
You can discover more such exciting hot air balloon ride deals at Headout and make your desert vacation one to remember.
Typical Hot Air Ballooning Experience in Dubai
Hot air balloon expeditions in Dubai usually begin very early in the morning, during sunrise to be more specific. The favourable temperature and weather conditions dictate the timings of the event, and hence hot air ballooning in Dubai usually occurs under the mild morning sun.
The experience begins when you’re picked up from your place of residence in Dubai and driven to the wilds of the desert surrounding the city. When you reach the desert, you will be still shrouded in darkness, with the only light coming from the fire that’s breathing into the balloon.
Once you are in the basket of the balloon, you will begin your ascent into the twilight sky, under the guidance and expertise of your professional pilot. Watch closely as you slowly make your way to the flying altitude of 4000 feet! If you’re lucky you might even get to see some falcons gliding past you. Observe the beauty of mother nature around you and gape at the sheer vastness of the desert beneath you. This is the perfect time to take pictures or to simply wonder in silence and take in the beauty that surrounds you. Many a time, visitors put their phone/camera away and just stare into the openness, almost pious in nature. The sunrise, from this proximity and angle is something truly remarkable and sight to behold.
The duration of the hot air balloon flight is usually one hour, although it could be longer/shorter depending upon your requirement. However, in my opinion, one hour is long enough to marvel at all the sights and scenery and flora (although scanty) and fauna that the desert has to offer. Upon landing, you will be served a traditional Arabic breakfast along with tea and coffee. Enjoy your meal in the most authentic setting, before you make your way back to your hotel. Most hot air balloon tours do include a desert safari as well, however you may want to clarify this with your tour operator.
As I stated before, taking a hot air balloon ride is one of those activities you would perhaps get the chance to do only once in your lifetime, so why not make it an absolutely unforgettable experience and do it right here, in Dubai.
Hot Air Ballooning Tips
- Book your tickets well in advance. The hot air balloon rides in Dubai do have a high demand and tickets tend to get sold out quick, so make sure you make your reservation at least 2-3 weeks in advance to stay on the safer side.
- Sleep early the previous night. Most hot air balloon tours begin between 4-4:30 AM in the morning. You definitely do not want your experience to be disturbed by lack of sleep. Make sure you are fresh in the morning so you can enjoy your tour to its absolute fullest.
- Carry a camera! You are going to see some of the greatest views and sceneries from the hot air balloon and you will definitely want some pictures to show for it later.
- Wear warm clothes. The desert does get really cold in the morning and you could definitely use the warmth. Also, at a higher altitude, the temperatures do drop so make sure you are well covered and protected.