Dubai is a bustling modern hub of entertainment, leisure, adventure, culture, modern marvels, history and much more. When you combine these with the city’s stunning location in between the Persian Gulf and the Arabian Desert, what you get is one of the world’s most premier and popular holiday destinations in the world. With an abundance of attractions, theme parks and indoor as well as outdoor activities; Dubai is home to some of the most exclusive experiences in the world. However, as is the case with any other holiday destination, the cost of visiting these attractions quickly start adding up. To help you keep your holiday expenditure down, you can avail the benefits of a Dubai City Pass.
The two most popular Dubai City Attraction Passes are the iVenture Card and the Go Dubai Card. Both these passes have been designed to help you keep the expenses down while you explore and experience Dubai with ease. In this post, we will go through the details of each card, outline the difference between the cards and offer tips on how you can purchase these cards and get the most value for money.
- What is the iVenture Card?
- What is the Go Dubai Card?
- What convenience factors do these cards bring?
- What is the cost-benefit analysis of these cards?
- What is the difference between the iVenture Card and Go Dubai Card?
- Which Dubai City Pass should I go for?
- Where can I purchase these passes?
- What are some handy tips for using these passes?
What is the iVenture Card?
An iVenture Card is a smart card, much like a credit card with an electronic chip inside, that allows you to visit Dubai’s major attractions and landmarks absolutely cash-free and can provide you with incredible savings of up to 40% off general admission fees. With the iVenture card, you can choose a package that suits your needs best. Once you purchase the card, you will have to pick the card up from any of the iVenture collection points in Dubai. The validity of the card will begin only once the card has been collected. The iVenture Card comes in two formats.
1. Flexi Pass
With a flexi pass, you will be able to visit a select number of attractions of your choice. Choose from attractions such as Aquaventure Atlantis, Burj Khalifa, Ski Dubai, Dubai Aquarium, Hub Zero, Dubai Dolphinarium, Desert Safaris and much more. Once you have picked the card up, the card will remain valid for a period of 7 days within which, you can visit the attractions that you selected. The Flexi Pass is available in two formats - 3 Ticket Flexi Pass and 5 Ticket Flexi Pass.
Get the iVenture Flexi Pass starting at AED 574 here.
2. 5-Day Unlimited Pass
The 5-day unlimited pass on the other hand is like a buffet. It makes all the 24 Dubai attractions accessible, limited only by your desire to visit. Once you pick the card up, the card will remain valid for 5 days. Within these 5 days, you can visit any of the major attractions in Dubai absolutely seamlessly.
Get the iVenture Unlimited Pass starting at AED 1391 here.
iVenture Dubai Card Attractions
1. Aquaventure Atlantis
2. Burj Khalifa
3. Desert Safari with Dinner
4. Hop On Hop Off City Bus Tour - 1 Day
5. Lama Creek Cruise Dinner
6. Marina Dhow Cruise Dinner
7. Lost Chambers & Ambassador Lagoon Atlantis
8. Ski Dubai
10. Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo
11. Dubai Dolphinarium
12. Hub Zero
13. Wonder Bus
14. Dubai Inner Circle Cruise
15. Chillout Ice Lounge Dubai
16. Splash Tours
17. Alto Mar
18. Sheikh Zayed Mosque & Abu Dhabi City Tour
19. Bayt Al Wakeel
20. Assia in Wok Exotic Restaurant
21. Assia in Wok Exotic Restaurant Express
22. Blue Barjeel Restaurant
23. Dubai City Tour with Dubai Museum
24. Laola Restaurant
What is the Go Dubai Card?
The Go Dubai Card is one of the most popular Dubai City Passes out there and can provide you with savings of up to 55% off general admission fees. With an easy redemption process, you can display the pass on your mobile or print it out to gain seamless entry to over 49 attractions in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, including all the main attractions, museums, tours, cruises, and more.
1. All Inclusive Pass
The All Inclusive Pass allows you to visit as many of the 39 attractions and experiences as you like for the number of days that you want to sightsee. You can choose between 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7 days all inclusive passes. During these days, you can visit as many attractions as you like. Visiting the first attraction activates the pass and the pass then remains valid for two weeks. Example: With a 3-day all inclusive pass, you can visit as many attractions on any three days (don’t need to be consecutive) within two weeks of the first usage. Note: The day of the first usage is considered as the first day.
The 3, 4, 5 and 7 day passes also bring you access to Premium Attractions. With 3, 4, 5, and 7-Day passes, you get admission to one Premium Attraction on one of the days your card is valid. The premium attractions are Royal Safari Experience by Land Cruiser plus 5 Star Dinner at Sahara Resort; Bateaux Dubai Gourmet Dinner Cruise at Dubai Creek; 1 Day 2 Parks Hopper at Dubai Parks and Resorts and Island Beach Getaway Cruise in Abu Dhabi.
Get the Go Dubai All Inclusive Pass starting at AED 759 here.
2. Explorer Pass
The Explorer Pass has been designed for you to comfortably take your time and relax as you travel. With an Explorer Pass, you can select the number of attractions that you would like to visit. The options available are 3, 4, 5 and 7 attractions, with a total of 49 attractions on the list. Visiting the first attraction activates the pass and the pass then remains valid for 30 days. You can visit your remaining choice of attractions any time during the 30 valid days.
Example: With a 4 attraction explorer pass, you can visit 4 attractions over a course of 30 days. The day of the first usage is considered as the first day.
Get the Go Dubai Explorer Pass starting at AED 499 here.
All Inclusive Go Dubai Card Attractions
1. Hop-On Hop-Off Big Bus Dubai Tour: 1-Day Ticket
2. At The Top - Burj Khalifa
3. Aquaventure Waterpark at Atlantis The Palm
4. Lost Chambers Aquarium at Atlantis The Palm
5. Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo – Researcher Experience
6. The Green Planet
7. IMG Worlds of Adventure
8. Ski Dubai Polar Pass
9. Hub Zero
10. Mattel Play! Town
11. Dubai Ice Rink: Public Session Skating
12. Meal at Rainforest Cafe – Dubai Mall
13. Dhow Dinner Cruise Dubai Creek
14. Hop-On Hop-Off Big Bus Abu Dhabi Tour - 1 Day Ticket
15. Arabian Culinary Experience at Al Hallab Restaurant
16. Meal at Buca di Beppo
17. iFly Dubai Indoor Skydiving
18. Dubai Palm Cruise Tour
19. Glow-in-The-Dark 18-Hole Mini Golf at Tee & Putt
20. Laser Tag Game and Mini Movies at Thrill Zone
21. Virtual Gaming Two Hour Session
22. Rock Republic Climbing Walls
23. Desert Safari and BBQ Dinner in Abu Dhabi 24. Dhow Dinner Cruise at Abu Dhabi Corniche
25. Cruise 'N' Dip by Abu Dhabi
26. Sunset Cruise in Abu Dhabi
27. Daylight Cruise in Abu Dhabi
28. Catamaran Sunset Cruise in Abu Dhabi
29.Camel Trekking in Abu Dhabi
30. Eco Donut Boat Rental in Abu Dhabi
31. Rib Speed Boat Sightseeing Tour
32. Stand Up Paddle Lesson by SeaYou
33. Windsurf Lesson by SeaYou
34. Kayak Tour of Palm Jumeirah by SeaYou
35. Morning Desert Safari in Abu Dhabi
36. Kayak Tour of the Mangroves in Abu Dhabi
37. Jumeirah Bike Tour by Kitesurf Dubai
38. Sunset Dinner Cruise Dubai Marina
Explorer Go Dubai Card Attractions
1. All 39 attractions from the All Inclusive Dubai Go Card list (except Bounce)
2. Desert Safari and BBQ Dinner in Dubai
3. LEGOLAND® Dubai
5. BOLLYWOOD PARKS™ Dubai
6. KidZania Dubai
7. LEGOLAND® Water Park
8. Dhow Dinner Cruise at Dubai Marina
9. Hysteria Haunted House
10.Morning Desert Safari in Dubai
11. Round-trip Dubai – Abu Dhabi Shuttle by Big Bus Tours
12. Bike'n Surf by Kitesurf Dubai
What convenience factors do these cards bring?
Traveling can be a costly sometimes, and understandably, many vacations are planned keeping budgets in mind. At these times, when visiting attractions in a city may soon become expensive affair; a city attraction pass combines the convenience of cost savings, hassle-free access and skipping the line abilities with and a large number of attractions, landmarks as well as experiences. Some of the reasons a large number of tourists choose these passes are mentioned below:
1. Cost benefit
The biggest advantage that a city attraction card brings to the table is the saving it offers. These cards allow you to save up on ticket and entrance fees; which you can then spend on dining, accommodation, shopping and other holiday expenses. This benefit is highlighted further in the cost-benefit analysis section below.
2. Easy, hassle-free access
Once you have acquired the city attraction pass, you are no longer required to queue up for tickets or purchase any further tickets. With just a small card in hand, or your phone, you can gain access to all the major attractions in Dubai. Standing in the Dubai heat, shuffling through your wallet at each attraction, fishing for change and dealing with currency conversion issues is not a dreamy affair. You can save yourself these situations with a simple city attraction pass.
3. Save time
A city attraction pass is also a huge time-saver. With an access pass already in hand, you are no longer required to purchase a ticket, thus eliminating the time spent in the ticket line. Instead, you can head straight to the entrances and save yourself time to do other activities.
4. Large number of activities to choose from
These city attraction cards also open up the possibility to visit other experiences that you might not have even thought of. With over 30 attractions and experiences on average, you will be spoilt for choice. From theme park access to desert safaris and windsurfing lessons, there is something for everyone to experience.
5. Easy gift
A city attraction pass is also a wonderful gift idea. Do you have family or friends coming to Dubai or know someone visiting the city? Gift them a city attraction pass and make their holiday all the more memorable.
6. Additional guide books
With each city attraction pass, you get a guide that will provide you with maps, attraction addresses and timings, additional information on each attraction, tips on how to use the card and how to plan your trip. These guides are a real help when it comes to planning your time in Dubai.
What is the cost-benefit analysis of these cards?
Let us take a detailed look into the cost-benefit relationship and highlight the financial advantages that it brings. We will take the Dubai Go Card as an example.
A 3-Day All Inclusive Go Dubai Card costs AED 1249 for adults and AED 879 for children between the age of 3-12. It brings access to over 39 attractions and experiences as well as 4 premium attractions.
A list of experiences that you might visit in these 3 days, with their individual prices is mentioned below. You can use the hop-on-hop-off pass on the day you like, based on the number of attractions that you will visit.
Day 1: At The Top - Burj Khalifa : AED 125
Day 1: Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo : AED 94
Day 1: Aquaventure Waterpark at Atlantis The Palm : AED 260
Day 2: iFLY Dubai : AED 220
Day 2: 1 Day 2 Parks Hopper at Dubai Parks and Resorts : AED 285
Day 2: Dubai Marina Dhow Dinner Cruise : AED 150
Day 3: Hop-On Hop-Off Big Bus Dubai Tour 1-Day Ticket : AED 219
Day 3: Dubai Dolphinarium : AED 99
Day 3: Ski Dubai Polar Pass : AED 225
Day 3: Dhow Dinner Cruise : AED 150
Total : AED 1827
If you only visit these attractions, you’ll be spending AED 1827 while the 3-day All Inclusive Dubai Go Card is worth AED 1249. That is a saving of over 30%. And that’s not it, there are 35 more attractions that you can visit should you have the time and decide to do so. You can use the same method to calculate the cost benefits of the iVenture Unlimited Pass.
A 4-Attraction Explorer costs AED 767 for adults. Go Dubai Card costs AED 659 for adults and AED 539 for children between the age of 3-12. It gets you access to 4 attractions of your choice. A list of 4 attractions that you might visit, along with individual ticket prices are mentioned below:
Aquaventure Waterpark : AED 260
Hop-On Hop-Off Big Bus Dubai Tour 1-Day Ticket : AED 219
Ski Dubai Polar Pass : AED 225
iFLY Dubai : AED 220
If you visit these attractions, you’ll be spending AED 924 while the 4-Attraction Explorer Dubai Go Card is worth AED 767. That is a saving of over 18%. You can use the same method to calculate the cost benefits of the iVenture Flexi Pass.
What is the difference between the iVenture Card and Go Dubai Card?
The iVenture Card gives you access to 17 attractions and experiences while the Go Dubai Card boasts a list of 49 attractions and experiences in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
Apart from the difference in number of attractions, the two passes are redeemed via different methods. Both the iVenture Cards (Unlimited and Flexi) needs to be picked up from designated iVenture offices situated all around Dubai. You can then use this simply use the card to gain seamless access to the attractions you like. The Go Dubai Card on the other hand will be emailed to you. You can then display the same on your phone or print it to access your attractions.
The validity of the two cards also vary. The iVenture Flexi Card is valid for 7 days while the iVenture Unlimited Pass is valid for 5 days from the date of their pick up. The Go Dubai All Inclusive Pass is valid for 2 weeks while the Go Dubai Explorer Pass is valid for 30 days.
Which Dubai City Pass should I go for?
If your holiday is a short one and you won’t be visiting more than 3 attractions, then you can avoid purchasing the card since you’ll be better off paying the individual ticket prices. However, if you do intend to sightsee, visit more than 3 or more attractions and enjoy some quintessential Dubai experiences; then you should definitely purchase a city pass.
If you’re on a budget
If you’re on a budget, then the pass you select will depend on the number of attractions you’re visiting or the number of days you intend to travel for. Some of the cards that you can consider are:
- 3 Attractions Go Dubai Explorer Pass (USD 159/AED 584.01) (Headout Price Adult 135- Child - 108)
- 4 Attractions Go Dubai Explorer Pass (USD 209/AED 767.66) (Headout Price Adult 178- Child - 146)
- 2 Days Go Dubai All Inclusive Pass (USD 229/AED 841.12)
If you want to see a lot in a few days
This decision is usually influenced by the number of attractions and the kinds of experience that each card has to offer. The iVenture Unlimited Pass will get you 5 days of sightseeing with 23 attractions at your disposal. The Go Dubai All Inclusive Passes will get you 2, 3, 4, 5 or 7 days of sightseeing with 49 attractions and experiences to choose from.
If you want to soak in Dubai at your own pace
If you want to have a more relaxed trip and don’t wish to be tied down by time limits or be rushed through your vacation because of your card getting expired, then the Go Dubai Card is the one you should go for. The Go Dubai All Inclusive Pass is valid for 2 weeks from activation while the Go Dubai Explorer Pass remains valid for 30 days. On the other hand, the iVenture Cards are valid only for 7 days.
If you’re looking for the most options
If you’re looking for the most options then the Go Dubai Card is your go-to choice again. With 49 attractions and experiences in both Dubai and Abu Dhabi at your disposal, you will be spoilt for choice with the Go Dubai Card.
If you’re travelling with kids
If you’re travelling with kids, go for a card that is cheaper for children and also has a large number of attractions that you can visit with children. The Go Dubai Cards are not only cheaper in comparison, but also have more options such as the Aquaventure Waterpark, Lost Chambers Aquarium, IMG Worlds of Adventure, Ski Dubai Polar Pass, Hub Zero, Mattel Play! Town, Glow-in-The-Dark 18-Hole Mini Golf, Laser Tag Game and Mini Movies, Virtual Gaming Two Hour Session and much more for the kids to enjoy.
In our opinion, the Go Dubai Card is definitely the card that you should go for. As you read in the differences section above, the Go Dubai Card has more attractions at its disposal, is easier to carry and use and also has a longer validity. This makes it an easy choice in our mind.
Where can I purchase these passes?
All the iVenture and Go Dubai passes are available for sale online.
Once you purchase the iVenture Passes online, you will receive a voucher which you need to exchange for the card at any one of the following iVenture Card Collection offices. You can then use the card to gain access to any of the iVenture attractions mentioned above.
Address : Shop #16, Stalco Building, Zabeel Road, Al Karama, Dubai
Arabian Horizon, JBR Counter, Dubai
Dubai Mall 1, Lower ground level at the Fountain exit (near Tim Hortons)
Go Dubai Pass
Once you purchase the Go Dubai Pass, you will receive them in an email online. You can then save them on your phone or take a print out of the same. Display the pass at any of the attractions mentioned above to gain free access.
What are some handy tips for using these passes?
- People love attraction passes that give them a whole host of choices and the more the number of attractions, the better. However, you should plan ahead and decide the attractions that you would like to visit so that the experiences are spaced out comfortably and you don’t waste a lot of time travelling. For example, Burj Khalifa and the Dubai Aquarium are next to each other while Ski Dubai is almost on the other side of town. Do not fit Ski Dubai in between Burj Khalifa and Dubai Aquarium since it will be highly inefficient and will end up wasting a lot of time traveling.
- Prioritize attractions with higher entrance fees, it is the easiest way to save money and recover your costs. This aspect of the attraction pass has been highlighted in the cost-benefit analysis section above. When you plan your travel itinerary out, ensure that you check the individual prices of the attractions you’ll visit to note how much it is that you’ll be saving.
- Some attractions are extra special when they are visited at certain times of the day. For example, visiting the Dubai Aquarium in the evening allows you to go outside the Dubai Mall and view the magical Dubai fountain show. Some people love to watch a sunset on their Burj Khalifa visit while some choose to go in the morning to avoid the late visitor crowds. Check locations and if the attraction will be better in the day or at night.
- Try to incorporate the hop-on-hop-off bus tour if you’re new to the city. It opens up easy access to a large number of attractions, making visiting them extremely easy. It also cuts down your transportation cost and allows you to visit a large number of attractions with ease. With the hop-on-hop-off bus tour, you also get free access to additional attractions and museums in Dubai.
- Do ensure that you have checked the timings of the attractions that you would like to visit. It would be quite a downer to visit an attraction only to know that it is closed. Some attractions close by 10:00 PM while some close at 11:00 PM. The opening hours of the attractions also vary. Make sure to check these timings out before you head out.
- While in Dubai, you should definitely go for a dhow dinner cruise or a dinner safari. Adding them to your travel itinerary ensures that you not only enjoy an authentic Dubai experience, but also get to save on additional dining expenses. Lunch experiences at a few restaurants are also available as part of your city pass.
- There may be attractions in Dubai that you would like to visit but they aren’t a part of your Dubai city pass attractions list. Ensure you plan around them carefully and don’t miss out on something you would have loved to visit.
- With each city pass, you get a Dubai guide with a map. These guide give you valuable information on the pass, the attractions, their timings, redemption processes and more. Using the guidebooks appropriately will save you a lot of needless research and work.
- There may be a lot of attractions for you to choose from. However, enjoy each one comfortably and give yourself enough time. What good is a holiday of you’re unable to enjoy it?