Ever dreamt of dining in the sky? If you have, here's a chance to live your dream. The City of Dubai presents yet another opportunity experience the surreal with the Dinner In The Sky Experience. Here's all you need to know about this dreamy experience - timings, menu, prices, tips, location and more!
What is Dinner in the Sky Dubai?
Dinner in the Sky is a concept that originated in Belgium and has traveled the globe to cities like Kuala Lumpur Tower, Villa Borghese in Rome, Athens, Copacabana Beach, and Cape Town before reaching UAE in 2013. Back when it reached the Middle East first, it was a one night experience in Abu Dhabi that became immensely popular. In 2016, it had a one month run in Dubai and is now coming back to Dubai in the October of 2018.
In Dubai, there’s no dearth of fancy dining options with a view. However, Dinner in the Sky is a gravity defying concept, literally and figuratively! You get a chance to dangle your feet 50 meters above the ground while relishing a grand meal prepared by internationally acclaimed gourmet chefs. You can choose to enjoy this airborne culinary feast for afternoon tea or dinner.
Dining in the Sky Dubai Experience
Dinner in the Sky is located at the Dubai International Marine Club and allows for 22 guests to be hoisted at a time for this one-of-a-kind epicurean journey. On arrival, you'll be welcomed with a refreshing drink. After familiarising yourself with the premises, you’ll be required to deposit all your belongings ( barring your mobile ) into a locker , lest you drop them from above! After the briefing session, you will be strapped to bucket seats with safety harnesses and raised using a crane. Once you’ve reached 50 m above the ground, the chefs on board start putting together your 2 course gourmet menu live before your eyes.
While you await your meal, consume breathtaking views of the glittering skyline. You can see the Dubai Marina, Atlantis, Burj Al Arab, Burj Khalifa with peppy tunes accompanying you and the delectable feast. The table also rotates 360 degrees round so that you can experience every angle of the splendid views! The Dinner in the Sky affair lasts for about 90 minutes ( inclusive of the time to seat and unseat ) , but this experience will stay with you forever.
Dinner in the Sky Dubai Tickets
It is advisable to pre-purchase your Dinner in the Sky Dubai Tickets online for the day and time-frame of your choice as there are only 22 pax allowed during a single slot. Simply click on the 'Tickets' below and choose a date and meal of your choice. Your tickets will be in your inbox in no time! On arrival, show the tickets on your mobile to gain entry.
Dinner in the Sky Dubai
Indulge in a one-of-a-kind dining experience where your table, and you, will be suspended nearly 50 meters in the sky
Dinner in the Sky Dubai Menu
The meals for Dinner in the Sky is artfully prepared in collaboration with Le Meridien and The Westin Dubai.
Diners have the option of choosing between vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals. Lunch and dinner are 3 course ( starters, main course, dessert) meals, freshly prepared once the table stagnates at 50 m above the ground. For lunch and dinner, one can expect dishes like Home smoked salmon carpaccio, Roasted Cod Fish Marinated in Miso and Fruit Pot Pouri. The afternoon tea menu features a range of scones and pastries along with a selection of freshly brewed coffee and tea blends.
You can take a detailed look at the menu here.
Dinner in the Sky Dubai Reviews
We had the opportunity to have lunch at Dinner in the Sky in Dubai. To go up in the air while dancing to good music and being waited on by the most handsome waiters was such a thrill! It was awesome to have the whole dining table spin around to have four views in the background for our most awesome pictures and memories! My favorite view was the Dubai Skyline with the Burj Khalifa and other beautiful buildings in the scene. Dinner in the Sky is also in Greece and was in Malaysia when we were there last year. If you have the opportunity to Go All The Way Up while dining, don't pass it by! Highly recommended!
- seriousaboutmytravel, Tripadvisor July 2018
We arrived there 20 mins before our High tea session.. we were welcomed by the staff with cold towels.. a refreshing welcome drink and a nice lounge to sit and relax befire we get on to the table.. The safety instructions were demonstrated before we were all strapped on to our seats on the dining table. The feeling to be dangling in the sky and looking the world pass by below your feet is indeed exhilarating!! The table also rotates 360 degrees so that everyone can see the sights from all the sides..the weather was very complimenting and the clear sky was a boon! We chose the High tea session.. so we could see the sunset and also the night lights come up around! It was like getting the best of both the views..the dusky setting sun and the early night!!.. The high tea menu was finely laid out and was bery well catered by the Westin hotel. The staff was very cheerful and courteous and kept talking and making everyone comfortable. The experience is indeed a great one!! Not to be missed when in dubai.
- drpiyushraj, Tripadvisor January 2018
To know more about Dinner in the Sky Dubai, read reviews by visitors on Tripadvisor
Know Before You Visit Dinner in the Sky Dubai
- Guests must arrive at the meeting point at least 45 minutes prior to the booked time slot for a safety briefing.
- Your Dining In The Sky tickets are valid only for the date and time scheduled while booking the experience. They cannot be mended or rescheduled once the booking has been confirmed.
- There are facilities to accommodate wheelchair users, a prior intimation with a detailed explanation is required.
- The minimum age to participate in this activity is 8 years. Also, children who are 135 cms and taller will only be allowed entry. There will be no different pricing and the menu will be the same.
- Dining in the Sky Dubai seats a maximum of 22 people at a time.
- Smoking is forbidden during the activity.
- There are no bathroom breaks during the 90 minutes of the activity. If it is utterly urgent, you will be lowered down, however, you won't be allowed to get back onboard.
- It is natural to have safety concerns about the activity. However, you must know that the table is supported by 12 huge metal ropes. These ropes have been designed and tested by the global provider of technical, safety, and certification services TÜV Rheinland. It also operates under the guidelines of the Department of Occupational Safety & Health and Civil Defense in UAE. Thus, you can be assured of a 100% safety.
- If you're acrophobic or suffer from vertigo, talk to the authorities before signing up for the experience.
- It is recommended to wear something that keeps you warm as the wind at the height can get quite chilly. Try not to wear dresses and skirts as the harness can be uncomfortable with garments.
- While you're not allowed to take your personal belonging along, the fear of dropping your phone always remains. But don't sweat it too much as there is a safety net below so if anything is dropped, chances are it stays on that.
- If you have allergies or food restrictions, you will have to book out the whole table to customize the menu to suit your dietary requirements. There is no other go to avail anything else except what's on the menu.
- If you're stuffed after your meal or want a better view, you can recline or swivel your chair and get comfortable.
Dinner in the Sky Dubai - Practical Information
Dinner in the Sky Dubai Timings
Daily from 2:00 PM to 11:30 PM
- Lunch Slots
2:00 PM to 3:30 PM
3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
- Afternoon Tea - 5:00 PM to 6:30 PM
- Dinner Slots
6:30 PM to 8:00 PM
8:10 PM to 9:40 PM
9:50 PM to 11:20 PM
How to reach Dining in the Sky Dubai
The Dinner in the Sky experience is located at the Dubai International Marine Club.
- By Metro Line M Red to DAMAC Properties Metro Station
- By Tram T1 to Mina Seyahi Tram Station
- By Bus Bus Lines 8 & 24 to Mina Al Seyahi, Le Meridien Hotel Bus Stop