Dubai has shot to the fore of most bucket lists over the past few decades. This reformed desert land is now home to many record-breaking structures - Burj Khalifa hogging most of the limelight since 2010. This 828-meter structure has been a mainstay in all Dubai travel brochures, but the next 2 years could see the rise of a new skyscraper.
The Creek Tower Dubai has been under construction for a while and reports suggest that it could be close to a kilometer high. The stunning structure was initially known as The Tower at Dubai Creek Harbour before settling on its current moniker. The Creek Tower with strategic prime location and record-breaking height could be the next big thing in Dubai and we can’t wait!
Creek Tower Dubai - What’s The Hype?
- The Creek Tower has 140 barrette piles in its foundation, each capable of bearing a load of 36,000 tonnes. These numbers are beyond imagination!
- The tower’s design is inspired by an Islamic minaret as well as the lily flower. It will be tethered to the ground with cables akin to the ribbing of the lily leaves.
- The Dubai Creek Tower will feature a futuristic beacon at the top of the tower that will supposedly project a hovering flower above the structure.
- The top of the Creek Tower will be shaped like a flower-bud and will hold 10 observation decks. This includes the planned Pinnacle Room, offering a 360-degree view of Dubai.
- There will be dedicated VIP Observation Garden Decks at the Creek Tower that will be available to certain visitors only.
- Apart from the view of the horizon, the Creek Tower will also provide a stunning view of Downtown Dubai and the Creek Harbour close to it.
- The Creek Tower is designed by Santiago Calatrava, who has also designed The Museum of Tomorrow in Rio de Janeiro and the Milwaukee Art Museum.
- The architectural design of the Creek Tower was chosen and finalized by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum himself after an international design pitch.
- It is still unclear as to how high the Creek Tower will actually be as a lot of effort is going into keeping it a secret. Some reports have suggested that a height of 1300 meters is on the cards.
- EMAAR plans to utilize the Creek Tower as a smart hub for residential, commercial, retail and entertainment purposes in the Creek Harbour area.
Top Things To Do In Creek Tower Dubai
Take an elevator to the top:Set to rise almost a kilometer into the sky, the Creek Tower is about three times the height of the Eiffel Tower. A ride to the top of this megastructure will be an experience of its own. Just like on the Burj Khalifa, you can expect an interplay of state-of-the-art technology onboard the Creek Tower elevator.
Enjoy a 360-degree view of Dubai: Expected to stand at least 100 meters taller than the Burj Khalifa, the Creek Tower Dubai will be capable of providing an even better birds-eye view of Dubai than the present tallest structure on the planet. The under-development Dubai Creek Harbour area will be quite a spectacle from the height of over 900 meters.
Visit the highest elevated garden in the world: The Creek Tower will be housing inside it the highest elevated garden in the world. The garden is expected to occupy multiple floors, some of which will only cater to VIP visitors.
Have a wholesome outing at the Creek Tower Plaza: At the foot of this gravity-defying structure will be a plaza featuring water features and curated landscaping. This plaza is set to measure around 800 square meters and will match the width of New York’s Central Park.
Creek Tower Dubai vs Burj Khalifa
Creek Tower Dubai
|Height||928 meters (reported)||828 meters|
|View from the Top|
360 degrees view of Dubai Creek Harbour, Downtown Dubai, International City, and Mirdif.
360 degrees view of Jumeirah, Dubai Creek, Downtown Dubai, and Business Bay.
|Number of Floors|
|Cost of Construction|
Islamic minaret and Lily flower
Desert lily flower
Dubai Square, Virtual Reality Park, Ice Expedition
Souk al Bahar, Dubai Opera, Dubai Fountains
|Number of Residential Apartments|
AED 170 to AED 525
Know Before You Go
Creek Tower Dubai Ticket Prices
The Creek Tower Dubai ticket prices are yet to be announced. Watch this page for more information and discounted Creek Tower Dubai tickets.
Creek Tower Dubai Opening Hours
As Creek Tower Dubai is still under construction, the opening hours are yet to be announced.
Creek Tower Location
The Creek Tower is located near the Dubai Creek. The exact address of Creek Tower Dubai will be revealed after its opening.
Directions To Creek Tower Dubai
Here are the different ways via which you can reach Creek Tower Dubai.
By Bus : Route number 27, 4, and C7
By Metro : Route M1
By Car : Take Ras Al Khor Road/ E44 and exit towards Dubai Creek Harbour
Tips For Creek Tower Visit
- Since the principal attraction of the Creek Tower lies in the spectacular views it is capable of providing from its observation decks, pick a clear day for the visit.
- Visit the Creek Tower during the evening, just in time to see the setting sun over the Persian Gulf.
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall will Dubai Creek Tower be?
Dubai Creek Tower is expected to be at least 928 meters tall. Some reports suggest a height of 1300 meters.
How many floors will Dubai Creek Tower have?
Dubai Creek Tower is expected to have over 200 floors.
Is Dubai Creek Tower residential?
Dubai Creek Tower will have at least 20 floors composed of residential properties and hotels.
Once constructed, will the Creek Tower be the tallest building in the world?
Yes. Once constructed, the Creek Tower will supersede Burj Khalifa to becoming the tallest building in the world.
More Dubai Guides
Looking for other fun things to do in Dubai? Check out our guides on Dubai attractions and plan your visit better.