There are infinite number of reasons for you to visit Barcelona. The city is for a football fanatic, an art lover, a history aficionado, a Flamenco enthusiast, a beach buff in equal measure. By the time you are done reading this, you will know how Barcelona is perfect for a family vacation. Just over an hour away from the bustling city is Caribe Aquatic Park (or PortAventura Caribe Aquatic Park). A haven for families and kids in particular, the Costa Caribe Aquatic Park is just minutes away from the thrills of Ferrari Land and frolic of PortAventura World. You simply cannot go wrong with this.
Before going to Costa Caribe Aquatic Park, here are a few quick things you'd like to know - the must go rides, a few first hand visitor tips that will help you make your Costa Caribe Aquatic Park trip a memorable splash!
Costa Caribe Aquatic Park - 10 Second Summary
The Costa Caribe Aquatic Park is an intricately themed water park featuring waterfalls, huge pools, lush greens and reggae music set on a tropical island of 50,000 square meters. With a total of 14 attractions including the King Khajuna, one of the tallest slides in the continent, Rapid Race with its 6 lane slides, the heavenly pools of Playa Paraíso and the exciting Triángulo de las Bermudas where the waves don’t stop, you're destined to have a fabulous day under the Spanish sun here. If you've worked an appetite from all the fun, you can grab quick and delicious meals from any of the 4 restaurants on the tropical island - The Surfer, Reggae Café, La Cabaña and Focacceria. You can also hop into the Caribe shop that sells summer and the Caribbean styles to be dressed the part while you're in Caribe Aquatic Park. From these stores, you can also purchase fun souvenirs to take back home to your family and friends.
Caribe Aquatic Park Tickets
Caribe Aquatic Park 1 Day pass
Soak up the fun, listen to reggae music and relax at the park's "Bahama Beach" in its most relaxing form in a tropical environment.
Day Trip from Barcelona to Caribe Aquatic Park
Travel in an AC coach from Barcelona to Caribe Aquatic Park and spend the day at the water park before returning to Barcelona at nightfall.
The Best of Caribe Aquatic Park
King Khajuna is undoubtedly the most intense ride at the Caribe Aquatic Park. The overwhelming structure of King Khajuna reflects the magnanimity of the legend on which it is based. The slide is 31 meters in height and features a bewildering 55 degree drop. The result is you reach a speed of more than 20 kilometers an hour. Not many have the spunk to handle King Khajuna. Do you?
El Triángulo de las Bermudas
Taking it up a few notches, Caribe Aquatic Park turns to the attraction that recalls the dark legend of the Bermuda Triangle. For years the mystery of this part of the Earth had overrun scientists, just as the enormous waves of the pool would do to you in this attraction. If you escape the waves, there are water cannons to knock you over. Will you overcome these? There is only one way to find out.
Caribe Aquatic Park is also about soaking you in a cool Caribbean ambience with a generous share of adrenaline. Mambo Limbo stays true to that by bringing to you and your kids the rhythm of reggae along with a 12 meter high water slide. Relax and gently glide down one of the slides while letting the tropical setting refresh you to the very bone. This is your chance to take it all in.
El Galeón Pirata
Moving on to bit of an advanced ride, El Galeón Pirata features a small pirate galleon within Caribe Aquatic Park specially designed for the mini pirates. The kids can plunge into the pool from the ship via number of slides of varying height. The galleon itself is populated with characters from Sesame Street. This is one of the new rides at the Caribe Aquatic Park and definitely one your kids will love.
El Gran Caribe - Zona Indoor
A great thing about Caribe Aquatic Park is that you will never run out of things to do here. At Zona Indoor, your kids will be able to go on a ride in a full-scale aircraft under your supervision. It also has a shallow pool with water guns, jets, slides, and many other attractions. The adults, in the meantime, can take a breather on a sun lounger.
We know that taking your kids to an aquatic park can be a bit unnerving, given the obvious safety concern. Not at Cayo Cookie, though. This new attraction at the Caribe Aquatic Park features jet streams of water that appear randomly. The kids might even spot the cookie monster somewhere around. And if at any point you get the urge of joining in, just go ahead. Wholesome and safe family fun, isn’t that the dream?
Caribe Aquatic Park Salou Reviews
Having been to several waterparks before, this one is notably smaller with less rides. However, we were there from 10am til 8pm and were never bored. We went on every ride once, queues time wasn't longer than would be expected, there was live entertainment, and I think the price was very fair! We travelled from Barcelona which was 1hr 30 drive. The music provided a good atmosphere and I feel people of all ages would enjoy this park. I would visit again happily!
- AGGlasgow, TripAdvisor, July 2018
We went here on a very hot day and it was really good. The queues for some of the rides were huge but mainly worth the wait! I suggest getting there when the park opens as it’s easy to find a sun lounger and the queues are so much shorter. There are lots of slides for little children,families and for adults. Be prepared to queue for a while if you go on a really hot day!
- Evelyn_Gotterson, TripAdvisor, August 2018
Read what others have to say about Caribe Aquatic Park on TripAdvisor.
Caribe Aquatic Park Visitor Information
Costa Caribe Aquatic Park Opening Times
Monday - Sunday from 10:30 AM to 7:00 PM
The Caribe Aquatic Park remains closed in winter, so check the timings on the official website before planning your trip.
Costa Caribe Aquatic Address
Caribe Aquatic Park, Av. Pere Molas, Km. 2, 43480 Vila-seca, Tarragona, Spain
Find Directions >
Getting To Costa Caribe Aquatic Park
- Directions from PortAventura: 10 mins (800 meters) walk via Carrer del dos de Maig
- Directions from Barcelona:
- By Road: 1 h 30 mins (126 kilometers) drive via C-32 and AP-7
- By Rail: 1 h 34 mins by Talgo
Know Before You Go
- Caribe Aquatic Park timings vary based on numerous factors. Refer to the park calendar available in the official website before planning the visit.
- Combined tickets for PortAventura World includes ticket price for Caribe Aquatic Park.
- You can buy a unified ticket at a discounted rate if you are visiting with a large family.
- Tickets to Caribe Aquatic Park for disabled visitors are not available online.
- Disabled parking permit must be displayed to avail the services of fully reserved and controlled disabled parking area for the visitors of Caribe Aquatic Park.
- Gluten free guides and special menus are available for people with certain food intolerances in table service restaurants within Caribe Aquatic Park premises.
Caribe Aquatic Park Practical Tips
- Reach early. Sun loungers and other popular areas of the Caribe Aquatic Park get taken up fast. The ride queues also get backed up as the day progresses. If somehow you are late, invest in an express pass.
- On sunny days the floor tends to get fairly hot. Don’t forget to carry pool socks and shoes. You will be well advised to carry umbrellas and sunscreens as well and use the lockers near the entrance of the Caribe Aquatic Park to store your baggages.
- UV tops are available for sale within the Caribe Aquatic Park premises. Do not wear tee shirts, as they pose a security risk on the rides. Also, all kinds of spectacles, lenses, shades and sunglasses are prohibited on the rides and the pools by Caribe Aquatic Park authority.
- If you are planning to visit PortAventura World and Ferrari Land, opt for a combined ticket that is valid for more than a day. That way, you save some money and you won’t have to rush through Caribe Aquatic Park.
- For finest of experiences at Caribe Aquatic Park, park yourself at one of the PortAventura Hotels. Not only will you save the commuting time, you will also be offered a bunch of lucrative perks, like preferential parking, free shopping pickup service, express table reservations at restaurants, and rapid access to rides within Caribe Aquatic Park, PortAventura World, and Ferrari Land.