This guide on the Circle In The Square Theatre Seating Chart will help you find the best seats in the house. Get real-time seat availability and pricing, insider tips on the best seats and more.
Circle in the Square Theatre : 30-Second Takeaway
- The Circle in the Square Theatre is designed like a concert venue, with a stage in the middle which is surrounded by seats on all sides. The theater is perfect for shows that demand audience interaction.
- With its unique design and seating arrangement, the Circle in the Square Theatre has a total seat count of 776.
- The Circle in the Square Theatre doesn’t have any levels or sections like other Broadway theaters. All the seats are labeled orchestra, but offer views of varying quality. The theater is designed to reflect the theaters of ancient Greece and Rome and is the only Broadway theater that has a vomitorium, which is sometimes used as an entrance and exit for the actors.
- While the theater doesn’t have any additional levels, there is a natural upward inclination, like most theaters do, allowing people who don’t want to sit too close to the theater a viable option.
- Circle in the Square Theatre home to the revival Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty’s tale of love and discovery, Once on This Island. With a stellar cast and rave reviews from the most revered critics in New York City, the show won the 2018 Tony Award for Best Revival of a Musical.
- As of the first week of December, Once on This Island has been experiencing average occupancy in the range of 95% to 100%. Coupled with the reviews the show has been getting, all signs point towards it being a breakout hit. At this rate, the best seats in the theater will be gone almost 2 to 3 weeks in advance.
- If you're planning your trip for a future date, you can book your tickets up to 90 days in advance on Headout. This will allow you to pick good seats for Once on This Island without having to visit the theatre box-office.
- Headout offers a best price guarantee, which means you can watch all the popular shows of season including Dear Evan Hansen, Come From Away, and The Band’s Visit at the cheapest prices available.
Navigating the Circle In The Square Theatre Seating Chart
Circle In The Square Theatre - Once On This Island Ticket Prices
Orchestra - $59 - $189.50
Circle In The Square Theatre - Recommended Seats
• Value for money seats
Center Orchestra - rows H and K
• If money were no matter
Center Orchestra - rows AA to B
• Best views of the stage
Center Orchestra - front four rows of orchestra
• Best Legroom
Circle In The Square Theatre Orchestra
The Circle in the Square Theatre has a total seat count of 776 spread across only the orchestra section. The theater is designed like a horseshoe. There’s a center stage, which is followed by rows upon rows of seats, with each rows facing a natural inclination and the last row being the highest.
The rows closest to the stage are AA to EE with AA being the closest and EE being the furthest away from the stage. Tickets for these rows are typically the most expensive in the house and for good reason. If you prefer an immersive theater experience, book your tickets in these first five rows.
Next we have the biggest section in the theater, beginning with row A and ending on row G. These seats are spread all around the stage and each one offers a good viewing angle. From a price point, these seats fall in the same range as the premium orchestra seats, since they are considered quite close to the stage.
The last two seating sections are H and I and J and K, with H being closer to the center stage and K being the last row in the theater. Unlike most Broadway theaters, the last few rows in Circle in the Square aren’t absolutely horrible. The theater is designed in a way that allows for even the last row seats to offer a pretty good look at the stage. Understandably, these seats are the cheapest of the lot since they’re furthest away from the stage.
While we stand by our statement about all seats offering a good view, we would still recommend that you avoid the extreme corner seats for all sides of the seating area since you can miss some of the stage proceedings due to an obstructed view. For instance seats 438-440 would be obstructed if the actors were performing on the far left of the stage and the same would be true in seats 437-439, when the actors perform on the far right of the stage.
Which Seats Offer the Best View?
A show like Once on This Island requires that you have a magical time at the theater. That is only possible if you have good seats, and when the theater is as unique as Circle in the Square, you’ll need all the help you can get.
Deciding the best seat in a center stage-theater like Circle in the Square really boils down to the kind of experience you’re looking to have. If you are sort who wants to be in the middle of all the action and participate in the proceeding of the show whenever the opportunity arise, the seats close to the stage are perfect for you.
On the other hand, if you don’t wish to engage with the cast are just looking for a casual theater-viewing experience, seats in the back rows would be ideal for you. As a rule of thumb, pick the upper seats if you’re watching a musical. With a dynamic show like Once on This Island with its songs and dance routines, there’ll be a lot going on at the stage and being too close to it can lead to you missing certain aspects of the show.
Which Seats/Section Offer the Best Value for Money?
While they might not be for everyone, rows AA to B, which are closest to the stage, are the most expensive. If you’re looking for some budget-friendly options, we have the next best thing. Rows H and I in the upper middle level offer a great view of the stage and the prices are lower than those of the premium orchestra seats.
If you’re looking for cheaper options, the last couple of rows, J and K are the cheapest in the house. The best part is that since Circle in the Square Theatre is small and the seating arrangement is more intimate, even the seats in the last rows offer a pretty great view of the stage.
How Far in Advance Should you Book Once On This Island Tickets?
Once on This Island officially premiered on December 3rd 2017 after a month of previews. With some stellar reviews from New York City’s best critics and good word of mouth, presently the average occupancy of the show is 100%. With the holiday season fast approaching, this occupancy rate will show no signs of going down. What this means for ticket availability is that the best seats in the house will be long gone if you wait till the last minute to book your tickets.
Ideally, getting a headstart of two, or to be safe three, weeks seems reasonable if you’re looking for the best seats in the theatre like premium orchestra or second level orchestra. If you book your tickets at least 1-2 weeks in advance, you can score the best seats in the theatre. Headout, an online concierge for the best experiences in your city, allows you to book seats up to 90 days in advance!
Buy Discounted Once On This Island Tickets
Wondering how to score cheap tickets for Once On This Island on Broadway? Get great last minute deals on A Once On This Island tickets on Headout, your one stop, on-demand mobile aconcierge.
Choose your show, select your seats, and show up at the theatre on the day of the experience. In the meantime, a Headout representative will take care of the legwork and meet you at the theatre before your show to hand-deliver your tickets.
More Broadway Guides
For more Broadway information, here are some helpful quick links!