This guide on the Broadway theatre seating chart will help you find the best seats in the house. Get real-time seat availability and pricing, insider tips on the best seats and more.
Navigating Broadway Theatre Seating Chart
Broadway Theater is similar to most Broadway theatres, especially when it comes to the structure, except for the rear mezzanine, which has a unique structure. There are the three staple seating sections namely orchestra, front mezzanine, and rear mezzanine, along with additional seating options available at the box seats. With 1761 seats in total, the theatre is one of the biggest in Broadway. Let’s give you a brief look at all three primary sections.
Broadway Theatre - Kink Kong Broadway Ticket Prices
Center Orchestra - $90 onward
Side Orchestra - $70 onward
Front Mezzanine - $90 onward
Rear Mezzanine - $45 onward
Broadway Theatre - Recommended Seats
• Value for money seats
Center Orchestra - Any seats in Row H to P. Great view of the stage wihtout paying a hefty price.
Mezzanine - Center seats in rows D and E in the front mezzanine section and the front couple of rows (A-C) in the rear mezzanine are also value for money considering the clean view on offer and ticket prices.
• If money were no matter
Center Orchestra - The middle seats (105-109) in the premium orchestras section (D to G)
• Best views of the stage
Center Orchestra - The middle seats (105-109) in the premium orchestras section (D to G).The middle seats, numbered 101 to 107 and 102 to 108 in rows A to C of the mezzanine offer a great look at the stage.
• Best Legroom
Row A in Orchestra and Row A in front and rear Mezzanine.
Broadway Theatre Orchestra
The Broadway Theater orchestra has 25 rows in total starting from A and ending with Y. The seats are divided into three major subsections namely, left orchestra, center orchestra, and right orchestra.
The left orchestra subsection seats are even numbered and fall in the range of 2 to 26. There are 3 box seats also available left of this section. The center orchestra subsection is the biggest with consecutively numbered seats in the range of 101 to 114. On the other end we have the right orchestra with odd numbered seats in the range of 1 to 27. Like the left orchestra, this subsection also has a set of 3 box seats on its right.Check out the real-time seat availability of the Orchestra section in the Broadway Theatre.
Broadway Theatre Front Mezzanine
The front mezzanine is the first of the two elevated levels in the house and is also the smallest. With only five rows (A-E) divided into four subsections, this section houses some of the best seats in the theatre, especially in the first couple of rows.
Both the left mezzanine sections have odd numbered seats in the range of 2-18 and 102-124 . On the other hand, the two subsection on the right side have odd numbered seats falling in the range of 1-17 and 101-123. The two box seats are located on either sides of the front mezzanine section, with 10 seats on each box.
Check out the real-time seat availability of the Front Mezzanine section in the Broadway Theatre.
Broadway Theatre Rear Mezzanine
The rear mezzanine section holds some of the cheapest seats in the theatre being the farthest from the stage. The 584 seats are placed in an arrangement that can only be described as unique to the Broadway theatre.
The section is divided into four subsections, just like the front mezzanine, but the right corner section is further divided into two sections. The two left rear mezzanine sections are even numbered in the range of 2-10 and 102 to 124. Meanwhile, the right rear mezzanine sections are odd numbered with seats in the range of 1-11, 1-33, and 101-119.
Check out the real-time seat availability of the Rear Mezzanine section in the Broadway Theatre.
Which Seats Offer The Best View?
Your Broadway experience depends entirely on where you’re seated (and how good the show is, of course)! If you’re not sure which seat in the Broadway theatre would offer you the best view and provide the best sound, we’re here to help.
In the three primary sections, the orchestra has some of the best seats in the theatre. The middle seats (105-109) in the premium orchestras section (D to G) offer a great, clean look at the stage without any barriers. For people who would rather not be that close to the stage, there are the elevated front mezzanine seats. The middle seats, numbered 101 to 107 and 102 to 108 in rows A to C of the mezzanine offer a great look at the stage. The choice boils down to whether you enjoy watching theatre from a height or prefer being up close to the stage and getting an intimate look at the proceedings.
Which seats/section offer the best value for money?
Visiting New York for the first time and don’t want to spend $200 for one Broadway ticket? A college student with limited funds to catch your favorite Broadway show? We get it. If you’re looking for a great time on Broadway but have budgetary restrictions, we have the best value for money seats in Broadway Theatre listed below for you.
The middle orchestra rows H-P are quite decent and cost a lot less than the premium orchestra seats. Center seats in rows D and E in the mezzanine section and the front couple of rows (A-C) in the balcony are also value for money considering the clean view on offer and ticket prices.
How Far In Advance Should You Book King Kong Broadway tickets?
Based on the classic hit film of the same, King Kong will do well for itself when it opens for previews in October.
Keeping the above points in mind, getting a headstart of two to three weeks seems reasonable if you’re planning on booking the best seats in the theatre like premium orchestra or premium mezzanine. If you book your tickets at least a few months in advance, you can score the best seats in the theatre. Headout, an online concierge for the best experiences in your city, allows you to book seats up to 90 days in advance!
30-Second Takeaway: Broadway Theatre
- Broadway Theater is one of the biggest theatres on Broadway with a total seat count of 1761.
- There are three primary seating sections in this theatre, namely, orchestra, front mezzanine and rear mezzanine, along with additional seating at boxes.
- The orchestra section in the theatre is massive, with a total seat count of 903, which is more than the other two sections combined! The best seats in this seating section, and the theatre, can be found in middle seats of rows D to G.
- The front mezzanine is the smallest seating section in the theatre with only 250 seats. One of the two elevated sections in the theatre, the front mezzanine offers some great viewing angles, particularly from the middle seats in the first three rows, A to C.
- The second largest and farthest from the stage is the rear mezzanine. This section has 584 seats in total and offers a bunch of budget friendly seats that are not too shabby in terms of the view offered.
- If you wish to have a private theatre viewing experience, the box seating is perfect for you. available as well. The 20 box seats are located on either side of the front mezzanine section.
- Before becoming a legitimate theatre with its current name on December 8, 1930, Broadway theatre was known as Universal’s Colony theatre and Earl Carroll’s Broadway theatre.
- King Kong opens for previews on October 5, 2018.
- If you're planning your trip for a future date, you can book your tickets up to 90 days in advance on Headout. This will allow you to pick good seats for King Kong without having to visit the theatre box-office.
- Book your tickets from Headout and take advantage of their best price guarantee, which means you can watch the Best Broadway shows of the season without spending too much.
Buy Discounted King Kong Tickets
Wondering how to score cheap and discounted broadway tickets for King Kong? Get great last minute deals on King Kong tickets on Headout, your one stop, on-demand mobile concierge.
Choose your show, select your seats, and show up at the theatre on the day of the experience. In the meantime, a Headout representative will take care of the legwork and meet you at the theatre before your show to hand-deliver your tickets in person.