Barcelona is a beautiful city that enchants anyone that visits. The sunny Mediterranean city has just the right ingredients for the perfect holiday. It offers a breezy seaside with beaches to laze on, quirky architecture of Antoni Gaudí to gaze at, and the passion of FC Barcelona to get high on! The culture and heritage, dating back 5000 years, are seen across the city’s museums and monuments. Its art is revered in the museums of Picasso and Miro, and its cuisine celebrated in the quaint cafes and restaurants across the city. Barcelona has a lot to offer for every kind of traveler - the backpacker, the family, and even the connoisseur.
The best way to explore this city fully is by grabbing one of the many city passes that Barcelona has to offer. While there are many different types of Barcelona city passes, the 3 most popular and economical ones are – The Barcelona City Card, the iVenture Flexi Pass and Articket 6 Museum Pass. These city passes offer Skip the Line entry, free public transport, and discounts on more than 85 attractions across the city. With all these additional benefits, you save up to the tune of 50% on your sightseeing costs! Learn more about each of these city passes and choose your pick.
Navigate the Guide
- Barcelona City Card vs iVenture Barcelona Flexi Pass vs Articket: 6 Museum Pass
- What is the Barcelona City Card?
- What is the iVenture Barcelona Flexi Pass?
- What is the Articket: 6 Museum Pass?
- What convenience factors do these cards bring?
- What is the cost-benefit analysis of these cards?
- Which Barcelona City Pass should I go for?
- What are some handy tips for using these passes?
Comparing Barcelona City Passes - Barcelona City Card vs iVenture Barcelona Flexi Pass vs Articket 6 Museum Pass
Barcelona City Card
iVenture Barcelona Flexi Pass
Articket: 6 Museum Pass
85 museums & attractions including Picasso Museum, Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya, CosmoCaixa, Museu Egipci de Barcelona, Museu de la Música and more.
Check out the full list of attractions below.
Over 35 experiences including Montserrat Morning Tour, Sagrada Familia, Nou Camp Tour, La Pedrera, Park Guell, Port Aventura and more.
Check out the full list of attractions below.
Access to 6 best Barcelona museums - Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya, Fundació Joan Miró, Museu Picasso, Museu d’Art Contemporani de Barcelona, Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona and Fundació Antoni Tàpies.
|Validity||Pass is activated only after your first visit and is valid for the number of days it is bought for.||Pass is active for 7 days from date of first usage.||Valid for 12 months from the first time the pass is used.|
What is the Barcelona City Card?
Barcelona is the ultimate tourist destination. With the Mediterranean Sea on one side, the city is the ideal spot for a trip filled with exploration, food, and fun. The Barcelona City Card is the best way to explore all that the city has to offer. With over 85 listed attractions, it provides free access to some of the city’s best museums and discounts of over 50% on tickets. The pass also provides access to free transport throughout the city and discounts at various entertainment venues, pubs, restaurants, as well as walking tours and excursions.
The Barcelona City Card is offered in three variants – 3 days, 4 days and 5 days. The pass allows free entry to the listed attractions and Skip the line access at some popular attractions. You will also get a guide that is available in six languages and a city guide map with the information of the discounts and deals at various establishments in the city.
How & Where Can I Purchase The Barcelona City Card
Buy the Barcelona City Card online and conveniently redeem it at a Tourist Information Office in Barcelona, to gain entry to more than 85 museums and attractions.
Barcelona City Card
• Enjoy free and discounted entry to more than 85 museums and attractions.
• Set your own pace with varied validity options – 3 days, 4 days, and 5 days.
• Access free transport on Metro, Bus, Rail (Catalan Railways) and Airport Trains.
• Free entry to popular museums like Museu Picasso, MACBA, Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya as well as discounted tickets on the Gaudi monuments and other Barcelona experiences.
• Exciting goodies including city map of Barcelona, city guide in 6 languages and discount voucher book.
Top Attractions Included In The Barcelona City Card
Here's a list of museums and attractions included with your Barcelona City Card. Get free entry to all of the below and a few more!
1. Casa Mila
2. Casa Batllo
3. Museum of Contemporary Art Barcelona (MACBA)
6. Maritime Museum Barcelona
7. Museu del Disseny
8. Palau Guell
9. Sant Pau Recinte Modernista
10. Joan Antoni Samaranch
11. Palau Guell
12. Picasso Museum
13. Gaudi Exhibition Centre
14. Museum of European Art (MEAM)
15. Casa Vicens
16. Museu del Perfum
17. Fundació Joan Miró
18. Fundació Antoni Tàpies
19. Museu de la Xocolata
20. Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona (CCCB)
What is the iVenture Barcelona Flexi Pass?
Barcelona exudes a vibrant energy unlike other cities in Europe. The city’s attractions also include its experiences, as much as museums and monuments. The iVenture Flexi Pass is an ode to the city and has curated the best experiences and attractions in the city. With the iVenture Barcelona Flexi Pass, you can get access to 35 of the best tours and experiences in the city. It includes Sagrada Familia, Park Guell, and the FC Barcelona Museum, all of which attract more than 4.5 million tourists each year.
The iVenture Barcelona Flexi Pass is available in three variants – 3, 5, and unlimited attractions. All the variants are valid for a period of 7 days. You can purchase it online and redeem it any of the Julia Travel centers. The pass can be redeemed within 6 months of online purchase. The pass allows free entry to the chosen number of attractions and provides skip the line access. It also provides complimentary access to three other attractions as well as discounts.
Learn more about the benefits of theiVenture Flexi Pass.
How & Where Can I Purchase The iVenture Flexi Pass?
Buy the iVenture Flexi Pass and redeem it at the Julia Travel office to get your Flexi Pass. Simply show the pass at the chosen attractions to gain entry.
iVenture Flexi Pass
• Enjoy free entry to 3 or 5 attractions and experiences from the extensive list of attractions
• Flexibility to use the card for up to seven days from issuance of card at the centre
• Choose from exciting tours and attractions like the Sagrada Familia, Girona Game of Thrones Tour, Barcelona Highlights Tour, and FC Barcelona Experience
• Enjoy free access to La Rambla View Point, Casino Barcelona, and Moritz Brewery by Jean Nouvel
• Get a free handy guide with colourful maps and information about all the tours listed on the card
Experiences Included In The iVenture Barcelona Flexi Pass
1. Montserrat Morning Tour (Half day tour + Liquor Tasting) [Supplement 15€]
2. Palacio del Flamenco (Show + Drink)
3. Sagrada Família (Skip the line entry + Guided Tour)
4. FC Barcelona Experience (Entry) [Supplement 15€]
5. Gaudí Park Güell (Skip the line entry + Guided Tour)
6. Jamón Experience (Entry + Tasting + Drink)
7. La Pedrera Gaudí (Skip the line entry)
8. La Roca Village Shopping Express (Transport + VIP Savings Card)
9. Cooltra Motorbikes (One Day Motorbike Rent- valid driver license needed)
10. Barcelona City Tour (one day ticket)
11. Barcelona Bus Turístic (one day ticket)
12. Poble Espanyol (Skip the line entry)
13. Colom View Point (Entry and wine drink)
14. Gaudí Experience (Skip the line entry + 4D Experience)
15. Boat tour Las Golondrinas (40 min Boat Cruise)
16. MACBA Museum (Skip the line entry)
17. MNAC Museum (Skip the line entry)
18. Gaudí Torre Bellesguard (Skip the line entry + Audioguide)
19. La Colonia Güell (Entry to Gaudi’s Crypt + Colonia Guell’s map + Audioguide)
20. Basilica Santa Maria del Mar (Towers + Terraces + Galleries guided tour)
21. Palau Requesens (Guided tour + Sword’s Fighting Exhibition + Cava & snacks)
22. Egyptian Museum (Entry ticket)
23. Non-Solo Brasas Restaurant (Menu Paella + Glass of Sangria)
24. La Burguesa Restaurant (Menu burger + fries + drink)
25. Txapela Restaurant (Menu 7 pinchos (preassigned) + drink + ice cream)
26. Port Aventura (Only ticket)
27. Casa de Les Punxes (Entrance + audioguide)
28. Gaudí Exhibition Center (Entry)
29. L’Aquarium Barcelona (Entry)
30. Casa Battlo (Skip the line entry)
31. Giona Game of Thrones (Entry) [Supplement 15€]
32. Barcelona Artistic: Best of Gaudi (Entry) [Supplement 15€]
33. Barcelona Highlights [Supplement 15€]
34. Hard Rock Cafe
35. Opera Sanfaina
In addition to these, you can also visit these free attractions:
1. Casino Barcelona (Entry + welcome drink (glass of cava, soda or beer)
2. Moritz Brewery (Single beer drink)
3. La Rambla View Point (Single cava drink)
What is the Articket: 6 Museum Pass?
Barcelona thrives on culture and art. With the works of Gaudí around, the entire city feels alive with exquisite art and architecture. With over 30 museums, every niche of art has a house in the city. The Articket: 6 Museum Pass provides free entry and Skip the Line access to six of the most popular museums in Barcelona. Over a million visitors admire the permanent and temporary collections at the museums each year. The art displayed includes the greats like Picasso, Joan Miro and Antoni Tapies. It also houses different styles of art including Romanesque, Baroque, Renaissance and Modern Art.
The Articket: 6 Museum Pass is a yearly pass. You can buy the pass online and redeem it at any of the six museums for a physical pass called the ‘Art Passport’. This passport is valid for a year and you can enjoy skip the line access at any of the museums. You will get a red passport and the museum stamps the book on entry. It’s a great value for money pass, especially since you can skip the line at some of the most popular museums in Barcelona.
Learn more about the benefits of theArticket Museum Pass.
How & Where Can I Purchase The Articket Museum Pass
Get the Articket 6 Museum Pass and exchange it for the Barcelona Art Passport to gain entry at the best Museums in Barcelona.
Museums Included With The Articket Museum Pass
1. Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya
2. Fundació Joan Miró
3. Museu Picasso
4. Museu d’Art Contemporani de Barcelona (MACBA)
5. Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona (CCCB)
6. Fundació Antoni Tàpies
What convenience factors do these cards bring?
A trip involves a lot of planning and budgeting, especially once in a lifetime trips abroad. Most travelers love to make the best out of their budget so they can squeeze in some extra goodies and souvenirs on the trip. A city pass is the best way to not only save money, but also time and energy. Here are some of the benefits of using a Barcelona City Pass –
1. Incredible savings
While most travel cards help you save anywhere between 20-50% of the cost of tickets, the Barcelona passes offer savings over 30%! You get free entry plus additional discounts on entry tickets, shopping, and experiences. All these small savings add up and cut down on your sightseeing budgets drastically, leaving more for fun and relaxation!
A Barcelona City Pass can be purchased online and easily redeemed when in the city. The redemption centers are clearly mentioned on the purchase bill and can be easily found. They are valid for multiple days, you don’t have to always find a ticket counter in every place and wait in line everywhere you go. It’s simply a matter of showing a card to gain entry.
3. Save time
The travel cards often have skip the line and priority access for attractions and museums. This means you have more time to spend at the venue instead of waiting in line. The city passes also provide guide maps, which help you plan your trip better and make sure you get the most of your time in the city.
4. Pick and choose
The travel cards offer access to a variety of attractions. The Barcelona Pass, for instance, has over 85 attractions to choose from, while the iVenture Pass has 35 experiences and attractions you can pick from! This allows you to pick the attractions that you wish to visit with the same cost and time benefits.
5. Ideal for traveling with kids
Travel passes are excellent options when you are traveling with children. The cost savings mean you multiply the benefits of cost. Plus, the skip the line access reduces waiting time and doesn’t test your kid’s patience!
6. Additional benefits
The Barcelona City passes have a combination of great benefits. With the pass, you also get discount coupons for shops and experiences in the city as well as a guide map. They also has free travel included in the pass cost. You will not avail these additional benefits when you purchase individual tickets.
What is the cost-benefit analysis of these cards?
The greatest benefit of buying a city pass is the savings on cost of tickets. You will end up spending much lesser than what you would have if you had purchased individual tickets. A simple cost-benefit analysis of the cards will showcase the immense savings on cost:
Barcelona City Card: €45
Fundacio Juan Miro: €12
Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya: €12
Museu Eipgci de Barcelona: €11
Museu d’Art Contemporani de Barcelona (MACBA): €10
Museu Picasso: €11
Museu del Modernisme Catala: €10
Fundacio Antoni Tapies: €7
MUHBA El Call: €7
MUHBA Refugi 307: €7
MUHBA Placa del Rei: €7
This is a net saving of €49, an incredible saving of 52% on priority tickets. Moreover, these net savings are only for 10 of the 25 free attractions! You will have additional savings on other tickets and all the transport costs.
iVenture Flexi Pass: €85
Guided tour of Sagrada Familia and Park Guell with skip the line entry: €70
Monserrat Half Day Tour: €55
This is a net saving of €40, a great saving of 32% on priority tickets. This is just the saving on the 3 days pass, you can save incredible amount of money on the unlimited 7-day package with all the exciting inclusions. This is a pass which will create unforgettable memories!
Articket 6 Museum Pass: €30
Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya: €12
Fundació Joan Miró: €12
Museu Picasso: €11
Museu d’Art Contemporani de Barcelona (MACBA): €10
Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona (CCCB): €6
Fundació Antoni Tàpies: €7
This is a net saving of €28, a whopping 45% on priority tickets. The Art Passport is valid for 12 months, which means you can use it multiple times leading to more cost savings. It’s the perfect additional passport for an art lover!
Which Barcelona City Pass should I go for?
Barcelona City Passes are a fantastic way to explore the city for those visiting Barcelona for a few days. With free and discounted entry tickets across a variety of attractions, the passes cater to the tastes of all travelers.
Budget travelers especially love the Barcelona City Pass, which offers access to more than 85 museums and attractions. The longer the validity, the more the pass can be used across the city. It also offers free public transportation, directly translating to more savings through the period of stay in the city.
The iVenture Flexi Pass is ideal for travelers who wish to sample the best of the city. They have exciting tours and experiences that you can choose from, including the Gaudí attractions. It also has complimentary entry and discounts at the Casino Barcelona and Mortiz Brewery, which means you save while you relax! It is ideal for couple travelers and those trying to soak in the best of Barcelona at great prices.
What are some handy tips for using these passes?
• The Barcelona City Card is valid for a full 72, 96, and 120 hours depending on your pass, so you don’t have to worry about calendar days. However, the iVenture card is valid for 7 calendar days and the Articket Pass is valid for a 1 year, so make sure you keep the dates in mind and utilize the pass effectively.
• Prioritize and visit the Barcelona City Card free attractions on the Pass days. Many other attractions like the Sagrada Familia are not included for free and can be visited on the non-pass days in the city.
• Ensure you prioritize the high value attractions on the iVenture Flexi Pass like Casa Batllo, Casa Mila, and FC Barcelona Stadium Tour, as you can maximize on your savings and even save time with the skip the line entry.
• Make sure you make the appropriate bookings in advance. Attractions like Museu Picasso require advance booking, amd you don’t want to be disappointed on the day of your trip • Most museums have free entry post 3 PM on Sundays, so avoid those timings as they are bound to be crowded.
• Make good use of the guide map and plan your visit properly. The city is filled with attractions like Gaudi installations which aren’t even tourist attractions! Invest some time in listing your must visit places.
• The summer months of July, August and September can be really sunny and humid in the city. Ensure you take light summer clothing and protective summer gear and accessories.
Must Have Transport Passes In Barcelona
Barcelona Express Card
The Barcelona Express Card grants unlimited access to Barcelona’s public transport with discounts at over 100 sights, stores and restaurants for 2 days! Know more about the Barcelona Express Card.
Hola BCN Card
With the Hola BCN, you can simply board a public conveyance in Barcelona from anywhere without having to bother about buying the ticket or worrying about the expense. Know more about Hola BCN.