If all you have is 1 day in Paris, then you should plan your itinerary carefully to ensure you get the most out of your limited stay. A 1-day itinerary in Paris should ideally consist of all the major landmarks that quintessentially define Paris. Begin your day with a hearty French breakfast and head to Ile de la Cité, an island in the middle of the Seine that is home to some of the most popular tourist destinations in Paris. Take a stroll on the historic island before you make your way to the Eiffel Tower. Spend some time enjoying the stunning views of Paris from the summit of the tower. Once you've visited the Eiffel Tower, head for a sightseeing cruise on the Seine river that will show you important highlights and landmarks of the city. In the evening, head to the Louvre Museum to admire the most important works of art in the world. Finally, end your day at another iconic Parisian landmark, Arc de Triomphe.
1 Day in Paris Under €80
Sightseeing Seine Cruise
Arc De Triomphe
Book your Paris Attractions tickets on Headout, and spend just €80 on your one day vacation in Paris! Hit up all the prime attractions in the city and save more while you explore more. Read on to see our detailed 1 day Paris Itinerary and learn more about visiting each of these attractions.
One Day in Paris - Eiffel Tower, Sightseeing Seine Cruise, Louvre Museum, Arc De Triomphe
After visiting Ile de la Cité, head to the iconic Eiffel Tower. The world famous Eiffel Tower definitely does not need an introduction unless you’ve been living under a rock. Built by Gustave Eiffel in the year 1889, the tower has become a symbol of France and is recognised world wide as a defining moment of the industrial era in the country. Today, this glorious work of art attracts as many as 7 million visitors annually, making the Eiffel Tower the most visited monument around the world. Comprising of three levels, you are greeted to a unique panoramic view of the city and the glittering skies during nighttime. In fact, the beautiful tower is also a renowned stage for numerous international events as well.
9:30 AM to 11 PM Monday to Thursday
9:30 AM to 12 AM Fridays and Saturdays
Champ de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France, 75007 Paris, France
- The Eiffel Tower displays a marvellous view during the day as well as the night. Make sure to visit both these times for a different experience.
- It is advisable to take the stairs to cut down on the long waiting queues at the elevator.
- Consider reserving a prepaid ticket to skip the tiring ticket line.
• Skip The Line: Eiffel Tower Summit Tickets with Host
• Skip the line: Eiffel Tower 2nd Floor Tickets
• Dinner at the Eiffel Tower
Plan to stay
This Seine river cruise begins at the foot of the Eiffel Tower and is hence the perfect experience after you are done visiting the Eiffel Tower. This leisurely, hour long cruise takes you past some of the most iconic Parisian monuments afloat. Admire prestigious landmarks such as Assemblee Nationale, Musee d'Orsay, Institut de France, Pantheon, Cite de la Mode, Hotel de Ville, Notre Dame, Conciergerie, and more. The mesmerising cruise also allows you to enjoy an exhilarating experience from on top of the boat’s terrace and passageways.
10:00 AM to 10:30 PM during Apr to Sep (every 30 minutes)
10:30 AM to 10:00 PM during Oct to Mar (every 60 minutes)
Port de la Bourdonnais, 75007, Paris, France
- Opt for the audio guide provided in the tour for better understanding.
- Choose a seat at the front if you wish to capture the beauty within your camera.
- Keep in mind that the narration and commentaries are only conducted downstairs.
• Bateaux Parisiens Seine River Sightseeing Cruise
After the cruise is over and you've enjoyed your lunch, head to the most famous museum in the world, the Louvre Museum. Considered as an iconic landmark, the Louvre is often on every tourist’s list while visiting Paris. This famous monument is best known for a plethora of art exhibits as well as collection from around the world. It witnesses a crowd of people who visit from across the globe to catch a glimpse of the famous Mona Lisa — painted by Leonardo da Vinci. The timeless glass pyramid that has now become a symbol of sophistication and elegance is also one of the most photographed monument of the city. Apart from a myriad of paintings, the museum also hosts intricate sculptures within its premises.
9:00 AM to 6:00 PM Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday
9:00 AM to 10:00 PM Fridays
Rue de Rivoli, 75001 Paris, France
- Visit during the nighttime to avoid crowd.
- It is best to chart your visit according to a map of the museum, as it is nearly impossible to cover every exhibit of the Louvre.
- Consider picking the audio guide if you’re not fluent with French.
• Dedicated Entrance Tickets to Louvre Museum
• Guided Tour of the Louvre Museum with Skip the Line Entry
Plan to stay
The final stop on your day 1 day in Paris trip will be Arc de Triomphe. Another well known monument of the city, the Arc de Triomphe stands tall at the western end of the famous Champs Élysées. The arch honours those who fought valiantly and died during the French Revolution and the Napoleonic Wars. With names of military soldiers engraved on its walls, the magnificent centrepiece is one of the biggest arches of the world. Visitors can benefit a panoramic view of Paris from atop this monument during the day and night. There is also a museum within the arch that retraces the history of Arc de Triomphe which is a must-visit for those interested to delve deeper into the roots of Paris.
10:00 AM to 11:00 PM every day
Place Charles de Gaulle, 75008 Paris, France
- There is no queue for those only visiting the exterior of the monument, so do not confuse yourself with the same.
- It is best to book a museum pass or an online ticket to cut the queues.
- The Arc de Triomphe has one of the best views of the Eiffel Tower, so make sure to carry your camera for plenty of photo ops.
Plan to stay
More Paris Guides
Here are a few detailed guides that will help you plan your trip to Paris better.